Happy 102nd Birthday, Zoltan Sarosy, b. 1906!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 102nd Birthday, Zoltan Sarosy, b. 1906!!

He still comes downtown every 5 weeks to do errands and banking and we meet for coffee. He has given in just a bit and now uses a cane. Otherwise, he is very sharp. He still plays competitive correspondence chess via e-mail.

Re: Happy 102nd Birthday, Zoltan Sarosy, b. 1906!!

My warmest regards to Mr. Sarosy!!

I still have the Koopman clock and set I purchased from him in the 60s - or 70s (I think - lol - HE probably will remember!!).

He is a gentleman and I wish him all the best!
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Happy birthday Zoltan! I played him 10 years ago when he was 92! :) in a correspondence game and he was as sharp as a tack...one can only imagine the nunber of chess games he has played in his lifetime! He is a living legend in the Correspondence chess world...god bless and continued good chess results Zoltan!

Comment

Happy Birthday Zoltan! Many happy returns!

Comment

Zoltan Sarosy Asked Me..............

to thank his friends.

He must be the oldest ChessTalk reader!

Comment

A Very Happy 102nd Birthday Zoltan. You are amazing. Lynn Stringer

Comment

Not yet! Mr. Sarosy will be celebrating his 103rd birthday on August 23.

I spoke with him this morning at his retirement home.

We knew each other from the Toronto Chess Club many years ago. I also remember his wife (deceased ) who had the finest stamp collection that I have ever seen when they lived in a house on Royal York Rd.

Nowadays, he has a computer and plays chess via e-mail.

Anyone wishing to contact Mr. Sarosy by phone may send me a message for his phone number.

Comment

I would love his number Anthony. I'm in Ottawa.
                ________
                buy vapir vaporizer
                Last edited by Henry Blaszczak; Thursday, 20th January, 2011, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Happy 102nd Birthday, Zoltan Sarosy, b. 1906!!

Mr. Sarosy asked me to thank you all for the wishes and for the phone calls. He has had trouble joining CT.

Comment

I was a pleasure for me to say "Happy Birthday Greetings" from Ottawa and when Zoltan chuckled and said his birthday was August 23rd, I laughed apologetically for being either a little bit too late or maybe too early?
                    He mentioned kidding around with J.Ken MacDonald....something about "hibernation."
                    He sounded sharp and in great spirits and a real joy to chat with briefly.
                    I didn't want to take up a lot of his time since he mentioned he was very busy, and his plate was full preparing for some upcoming correspondence chess tournaments.
                    What a nice man!
                    Thanks J. and Anthony.
                    ________
                    volcano classic
                    Last edited by Henry Blaszczak; Thursday, 20th January, 2011, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X