Where will Kovalchuk end up?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will Kovalchuk end up?!

There is lots of talk about soccer so I thought I'd spice things up with some Kovalchuk action! ^______^

So, chums, where do you think Kovy will end up? The latest gossip is that Uncle Lou offered him a 17-year contract. O:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/07/10/r...table-from-ne/
    New Jersey C-:
    40.00%
    Long Island \-:
    5.00%
    LA >.<
    0.00%
    Russia @-:
    55.00%
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Re: Where will Kovalchuk end up?!

Boooo Kovalchuk, yay Lucas.

Comment

Obviously he's gonna quit hockey, then
      1. Take up basketball and join the Miami Heat
      2. In his spare time he will take up poker....
      3. Between poker tournaments in the off season he will play in numerous chess tournaments and even stop by Ottawa to give a lecture(or two). He's likely 2100 already.

Michael Yip

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
        Boooo Kovalchuk, yay Lucas.
        Yay Lucas.
        You can't see it in that photo, but his jersey says LUCAS, not Barrios. Dissing the champs, I love it.

Comment

Some good updates today, team. (:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,255806

I think we are all thrilled that he will not be headed to LA. ^__^ Gooooo Devils! (;
          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

DEVILS RESIGN KOVALCHUK&^@#&^@#&*@#*@#(@#@(#^*@&*#&*(@#&*(&@*#^*@_#_@#(_)_@#_#$*()&*()#$)*(&#$&*()#$*&#$&*()#$&*)#$*(_#$*(_#$*#(_$*(

this is the best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328025

PUT BETTMAN IN A BOX LOU GRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Re: No deal with the devil

The NHL rejected the 17 year contract for salary cap circumvention. The saga continues...

Comment

Re : Where will Kovalchuk end up?!

He is now a free agent without compensation again ...Will the L-A Kings will make another offer ...one thing is sure the Mtl Canadien have no money for the russian superstar .

Comment

Re: Re : Where will Kovalchuk end up?!

Originally posted by Jean Deschesnes View Post
                    He is now a free agent without compensation again ...Will the L-A Kings will make another offer ...one thing is sure the Mtl Canadien have no money for the russian superstar .
                    Les Canadiens should keep their money anyway - 'Chook is just another whinning Russian hockey player. Let him go to the KHL - the alternate Universe hockey league...
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
                      The NHL rejected the 17 year contract for salary cap circumvention. The saga continues...
                      rightly so...it is salary cap circumvention. if they allow that, why not allow a 100 year contract to someone for $200,000,000 dollars...only $2 million/year which would fit nicely in the salary cap. any mention how the contract was loaded (front or back)?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Sadler View Post
                        rightly so...it is salary cap circumvention. if they allow that, why not allow a 100 year contract to someone for $200,000,000 dollars...only $2 million/year which would fit nicely in the salary cap. any mention how the contract was loaded (front or back)?
                        I think on the sports news last night I heard them say that each of the last 7 years would have been $1million a year... very heavily front loaded then. I sure don't pretend to understand the cap and all of the details, but the salaries being handed out are absolutely insane - nobody is worth anything like the sort of money they are talking about in some cases. I am not a big fan of Kova anyway and don't really care where he goes.
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re: Re : Where will Kovalchuk end up?!

Originally posted by Jean Deschesnes View Post
                          nhlpa will probably file a grievance which they would likely win as a precedent has already been set to allow this sort of contract with hossa, lecavalier, lushitgo, pronger, franzen and zetterberg

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Sadler View Post
                            nhl shot themselves in the foot by allowing numerous cases of cap circumvention already. will be hard to prove to an arbitrator that kovy won't play till 44 but an injury-prone mess like luongo will play till 42...

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                              Les Canadiens should keep their money anyway - 'Chook is just another whinning Russian hockey player. Let him go to the KHL - the alternate Universe hockey league...
                              pure bigotry. just because he's russian, he whines? pretty sure kovy led the devils in playoff scoring and was one of their most physical players... but you're right, waste of money, habs do much better taking a >$7m cap hit on scott gomez e__e

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                              I think on the sports news last night I heard them say that each of the last 7 years would have been $1million a year... very heavily front loaded then. I sure don't pretend to understand the cap and all of the details, but the salaries being handed out are absolutely insane - nobody is worth anything like the sort of money they are talking about in some cases. I am not a big fan of Kova anyway and don't really care where he goes.
                              it averages to 1m with exact figures of 3.5m, 750k and 550k*5

salaries being handed out could only be interpreted as "ridiculous" if you hate free markets O: star players create fans; fans create revenue. if players didn't deserve what they're being paid, owners wouldn't sign off on paying them that much... it's really that simple...

Comment

Working...
                              X