Appreciation for FIDE Arbiters' Seminar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Appreciation for FIDE Arbiters' Seminar!!!

No not necessarily 50%. If the marks had been really low there were have been less than that who made it. I purposely made the test less demanding then the one I gave in Paris as the candidates had little formal training so there was little need to adjust. Anyway I was happy that that many candidates passed and those who passed were deserving. Congratulations to them all!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    As I understand it...marks are adjusted so that 50% of those who participate will pass...I stand to be corrected ...as usual :)

Congratulations to those who succeeded!

Here is what was posted on the FIDE site:

From 14 to 16 July 2010 a FIDE Arbiters' Seminar was organized in Toronto, Canada, by the Canadian Chess Federation and under the auspices of FIDE. The venue of the Seminar was Harbour Castle Hotel.
    The lecturer of the seminar was IA Stephen Boyd (FRA) and assistant lecturer was IA Hal Bond (CAN), member of the FIDE Arbiters' Commission.
    14 National Arbiters from Canada attended the seminar. The following eight (8) succeeded in the examination test that was held after the lectures and will be awarded a norm for the title of FIDE Arbiter, after the approval of the next FIDE Congress:

Thomas R. Rehmeier (CAN)
    Bryan Lamb (CAN)
    Stuart Brammall (CAN)
    Frank Dixon (CAN)
    Alex Lambruschini (CAN)
    Erik Malmsten (CAN)
    Michael Humphreys (CAN)
    Michael von Keitz (CAN)

IA Panagiotis Nikolopoulos
    Chairman
    FIDE Arbiters' Commission
    Last edited by Stephen Boyd; Friday, 30th July, 2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Please don't send it to everyone or publish it on the web. It's a gift for those who wrote the examination so that they can see where they went wrong. Also I don't mind if Canadian FAs or IAs have a copy for study but I prefer if you limit the distribution to that. Thanks for your understanding.

Originally posted by Stuart Brammall View Post
      I still have my copy of the exam and will E-mail it to you if you wish. The test was composed by Stephen and was specific to this lecture series. We were allowed to keep our copies, so I don't think it is so super secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Boyd View Post
        Anyway I was happy that that many candidates passed and those who passed were deserving. Congratulations to them all!
        Now they must organize an inauguration FIDE-rated tournaments in their cities :D

Comment

I hope that I can come back and give a seminar in French and another in English. That way it will be easier to finance. Also I would suggest a reduction in the seminar fee for early birds which would reduce the uncertainty for the number of participants.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and hope to see some of you next year:)

Comment

Working...
          X