Appreciation for FIDE Arbiters' Seminar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Appreciation for FIDE Arbiters' Seminar!!!

I attended the seminar and unfortunately, did not pass the test!

The test was difficult in the sense that you had to read everything very carefully before answering. There are many questions that people answered partially correct, but there were often several other things that had to be dealt with in the scenarios. The questions were well thought out and realistic.

The seminar was excellent from start to finish. Stephen Boyd is a treasure and the time passed quickly. Before the start I thought that it would be too long and boring, but that was not the case.

Well done!

Comment

Chris: Yes and as you no doubt know, there is also a six year time limit from the 1st norm to achieve the final norm. 1st norm can only start after you receive FA title.

Comment

Yup, my norm (possibly two, Hal is going to check for sure) is from August 2009. So I have until August 2015 to finish the title off, or else I have to get new norms.
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
          Congrats!

But 8/14 passed.. wow.. I wouldn't mind seeing a copy of a sample test, is there one online or do they keep that secret?
          I still have my copy of the exam and will E-mail it to you if you wish. The test was composed by Stephen and was specific to this lecture series. We were allowed to keep our copies, so I don't think it is so super secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Brammall View Post
            I still have my copy of the exam and will E-mail it to you if you wish. The test was composed by Stephen and was specific to this lecture series. We were allowed to keep our copies, so I don't think it is so super secret.
            me too !!

arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Comment

That would be great! cmallon@chess.ca and thanks!
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Aris, this means that you did not pass the test either. That's it; I refuse to play in any of your tournaments until you pass!?

Tony also did not pass (according to an admirable admission). Unfortunately that means he is no longer qualified to produce the online magazine until he retakes and passes.

Mmmm. Wait a minute. Didn't Bob Gillanders also take the course. He must immediately vacate his presidency until he retakes and passes the course!?

Who else did not pass? Everyone should come clean about this now?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                  Aris, this means that you did not pass the test either. That's it; I refuse to play in any of your tournaments until you pass!?

Tony also did not pass (according to an admirable admission). Unfortunately that means he is no longer qualified to produce the online magazine until he retakes and passes.

Mmmm. Wait a minute. Didn't Bob Gillanders also take the course. He must immediately vacate his presidency until he retakes and passes the course!?

LOL - I was not taking the course because I am already an FA - you gonna play now?

Comment

My humble apologies Aris. If you congratulate Chris and Krista on their big step forward; I may reconsider playing...

Comment

My humble apologies Aris. If you congratulate Chris and Krista on their big step forward; I may reconsider playing...
                      Paul, your damage has already been done. I am considering having a special "Paul Beckwith" entry fee at the Ottawa Autumn Open, something that reflects not only the damage you caused to my reputation, but also for hurting my feelings, so $500, LOL!

P.S. I have no idea who Chris and Krista are (don't those names sound too similar?!)

signed, **FA** Aris Marghetis :)

Comment

Aris, I have no idea who Chris and Krista are but they just got married (see chesstalk posting announcing this) and I just congratulated them anyway!

Comment

:( Unfortunately, I missed it. Maybe next time. Somebody save me a copy of the exam! :)

Congrats to those who passed.

Comment

FIDE reports about the online seminar where several Canadian participated too.
                            http://www.fide.com/component/conten...s-seminar.html
                            and
                            http://www.fide.com/component/conten...-seminar-.html

The following nine (9) succeeded in the test and will be awarded a norm for the title of FIDE Arbiter, after the approval of the next FIDE Congress:

Simon Ong (CAN)
                            Andrei Botez (CAN)
                            Congratulations.

Comment

http://www.chessdom.com/news-2010/in...biters-seminar

The Americans has just done an internet seminar.

Comment

Re : Appreciation for FIDE Arbiters' Seminar!!!

Actually it is a North American seminar with at least two Canadian participants :

Andrei Botez, Canada - Canadian Chess Federation Tournament Director

Simon Ong, Canada - Canadian Chess Federation Tournament Director

Comment

Working...
                                X