Olympad - round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympad - round 3

We are ahead 2.5 - 0.5 against Uruguay (wins for Mark and Thomas; draw for Leonid; Artiom's looks drawish).

The ladies are ahead 2-1 against Albania - I don't know what's happening in Yelizaveta's game - the position hasn't changed in an hour, and she is up a Q.

Yuanling - Rd. 3 - Bd. 1 - Is Score Shown Correct?

Hi Hugh:

You seem to have accepted the score on the live game, showing Yuanling losing. But if you look at the position, is she not queening and winning?

Bob

Comment

Re: Olympad - round 3

Hi Hugh,

I just wanted to clarify the results for the Canadian team today.

Women Team 4-0 Albania :D
      Men Team 2-2 Uruguay

Dina played a fantastic endgame winning with KRB vs KR :)

Comment

Yes - it looks like the posted results changed. It now shows 4-0 Canada (women) - but still 3-1 Canada (men) (wins on 1 and 2; draws on 3 and 4).

There is at least one other woman playing in the "men's" group (besides Judith Polgar) - Ketevan Arakhamia-Grant is playing for Scotland.

Comment

Congratulations to Yuanling and the women's team.

Comment

I think I noticed Viktorija Cmilyte playing for Lithuania the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              We are ahead 2.5 - 0.5 against Uruguay (wins for Mark and Thomas; draw for Leonid; Artiom's looks drawish).

The ladies are ahead 2-1 against Albania - I don't know what's happening in Yelizaveta's game - the position hasn't changed in an hour, and she is up a Q.
              So what is the real result of Thomas RR's game? In the final diagrammed position he looks to be winning with the threat Bc4ch and Nd7 but Yuanling claims we drew the match - indicating a loss. What gives?

>>>>> http://ugra-chess.com/liveboard?gameid=1001030272&ln=en

Comment

Hi Vlad:

Yuanling was in error. Thomas won - Mark and Thomas won; Leonid and Artiom drew.

Score: Uruguay 0 - 2 ( 1 - 3 ) Canada.

Bob

Comment

....and yet we are paired in round 4 as if we drew that match.

>>>>http://www.chess-results.com/tnr3679...0&m=-1&wi=1000

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post
                    I think I noticed Viktorija Cmilyte playing for Lithuania the other day.
                    In addition, the beautiful Fiona Steil-Antoni plays board 4 for Luxemburg!

A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

Hi Vlad:

I also note that the official results site, showing the team pairings, wrongly shows Canada's Open section team as having only 7.5 game points, when it actually has 8 game points. This will have screwed the pairing somewhat.

However both Thailand and us are shown with 4 match points, so it appears they are correctly using our two wins to get 4 match points.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                        Hi Vlad:

I also note that the official results site, showing the team pairings, wrongly shows Canada's Open section team as having only 7.5 game points, when it actually has 8 game points. This will have screwed the pairing somewhat.

However both Thailand and us are shown with 4 match points, so it appears they are correctly using our two wins to get 4 match points.

Bob
                        I think the pairings are done with the program which directly transfers results the chess-results website. There might be some errors. However, the pairings are published and it might be only after the next round results will be corrected. Maybe H.Bond will give us more light :)

Comment

Hi Vlad:

Bob
                          Hi Bob, At Chess Results.com as linked in my post above, I see both Canada and Thailand with 3 match points, not 4. If you check Thailands results you will see they won one match and tied one if the posting is to be believed

Comment

Hi Vlad:

Yuanling was in error. Thomas won - Mark and Thomas won; Leonid and Artiom drew.

Score: Uruguay 0 - 2 ( 1 - 3 ) Canada.

Bob
                            Bob, for your information Yuanling is at the site and knows a little better than you.

Mark won; Thomas and Artiom drew; Leonid lost
                            A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

Hey Ernest,

I realize she's at the site but given the games its pretty hard to believe that we drew the match.

Comment

Working...
                              X