Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    Too old and I can see deterioration in my game. It would take about 5 years to accumulate the norms if everything goes well, and that's a big "if".
    I hope ur technique rebounds, Gary. That goes for Toppy and Magnus, as well.:)

Comment

How ironic you posted in this thread

Originally posted by David McTavish View Post
      Institigator rules of NHL aside, ur body of 'hysterical' factoids ARE SO INTERESTING. And Vishy was almost born in Canada (Ontario-Kitchener-almost). He had kidney surgery at Sick Kids' Hospital In TO. Pascal Charbonneau (IGM) knocked the pis# outta im @ an OlyCh. He survived.
      Prior to the Olympiad, you posted you wanted Thomas bumped off board 2 and replaced with Gerzhoy ( on his first Olympiad ).

Comment

Re: How ironic you posted in this thread

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
        Prior to the Olympiad, you posted you wanted Thomas bumped off board 2 and replaced with Gerzhoy ( on his first Olympiad ).
        Yes. Leonid has been 10X more active, playing est. opponents throughout Europe; and has been performing hundreds of points above Thomas. Until the Olympiad, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          Felix wrote:

Besides Thomas, Alexandre Lesiège is the only Canadian-born OTB GM living in the Montreal area. Kevin has been in Portugal for several years; Pascal has been working in New York for a few years. Jean Hébert is a postal GM.

Bator Sambuev and Anton Kovalyov now have Montreal addresses.
          llllllll
          So - we have Thomas, Alex, Bator, and Anton. Who are the other two in the Montreal area? Are you counting Jean? Only one (of the five mentioned) is inactive.
          Was/is IM Kriventsov ( http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=2016257 inactive in FIDE since 2006) ever born into the Canadian chess scene, or play much here like Lautier who hasn't yet have much of a chance to enjoy the Canadian scene? Perhaps Kriventsov is showing other good (ie non-FIDE) results in another zone these days?! Also, was GM Dimitri Tyomkin born on Canadian soil, or still claim to represent us (or have citizenship)?

Were there ever any experts in the chess composition, solving or judging scenes? Not sure which of those groups still award international titles in relation to chess, but there seems to have been more of those puzzles advertised in Canada a century ago than now.

Comment

Re: How ironic you posted in this thread

Yes. Leonid has been 10X more active, playing est. opponents throughout Europe; and has been performing hundreds of points above Thomas. Until the Olympiad, that is.
            And Bds 2 and 3's names switched, not bumped off team, carrion'

Comment

IM Krivnetsov was born in Russia. My database shows 158 of his games - all in Moscow or the US - and none since 2006. According to his web page, he lives in Vancouver (probably since 2007), and is a chess coach - but "I do not actively seek chess students right now due to my successful professional poker playing career".

He is a CFC life member (due to his IM title) - but has never played a CFC-rated game.

Tyomkin was probably born in Russia, and moved to Israel at an early age. He hasn't played in a CFC-rated event since 2005, but has played in European and Israeli events since.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                IM Krivnetsov was born in Russia. My database shows 158 of his games - all in Moscow or the US - and none since 2006. According to his web page, he lives in Vancouver (probably since 2007), and is a chess coach - but "I do not actively seek chess students right now due to my successful professional poker playing career".

He is a CFC life member (due to his IM title) - but has never played a CFC-rated game.

Tyomkin was probably born in Russia, and moved to Israel at an early age. He hasn't played in a CFC-rated event since 2005, but has played in European and Israeli events since.
                WOW Hugh Tyomkin played Zagreb Naj w-side in an active which may have comprised Gelfand himself, but that WAS 2006. So you mislead, intentionally.
                IM Krivetsov plays later.

Comment

WOW Hugh Tyomkin played Zagreb Naj w-side in an active which may have comprised Gelfand himself, but that WAS 2006. So you mislead, intentionally.
                  IM Krivetsov plays later.
                  Or he played B well; its a drwa w/ best play for B. Huzman was Senior trainer.I dunno, ask Pascal for truth.Krisentsev, unline IM Egis, does play poker. Ask Albertan Dave for truth there. But he never delivers.

Comment

Or he played B well; its a drwa w/ best play for B. Huzman was Senior trainer.I dunno, ask Pascal for truth.Krisentsev, unline IM Egis, does play poker. Ask Albertan Dave for truth there. But he never delivers.
                    Hallo Gents,

I think that you all misspelled Mr.Kriventzov's last name. His last name is spelled as KRIVENTZOV (KRIVENCOV - originally, at birth).

:)

Comment

Working...
                    X