2011 CYCC Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 CYCC Reports

At the request of the CFC your post has been removed.

Re: 2011 CYCC Reports

Originally posted by Victor Itkine View Post
    At the request of the CFC your post has been removed.
    Ohh, Drama.

What happened here...

Comment

oh man what did he post this is gonna be interesting i need to know the gossip :)

Comment

I just posted the decision of 2011 CYCC Organizing Committee how to distribute the cash-prizes among the CYCC winners. This decision was taken by the vote of the majority of the Organizing Committee.

CFC has not only requested to remove my post from the ChessTalk, but has also terminated my access to post at the CFC Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Itkine View Post
          I just posted the decision of 2011 CYCC Organizing Committee how to distribute the cash-prizes among the CYCC winners. This decision was taken by the vote of the majority of the Organizing Committee.

CFC has not only requested to remove my post from the ChessTalk, but has also terminated my access to post at the CFC Forum.
          How the hell does the CFC have any influence on what is posted on Chesstalk?? That is bullshit.
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

this is gonna be juicy (hopefully)

im grabbing my popcorn

Comment

Why not post it on the Ottawa Chess Club board?

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/boar...ttawachessclub
              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                How the hell does the CFC have any influence on what is posted on Chesstalk?? That is bullshit.
                I was advised by the CFC that a post was being made promising money owed to the CFC was going to be handed out to players instead. Which would be illegal.

I'll leave it up to them to sort it all out, and if Larry really wants to be involved, he can ask me to put the post back up. Until then, thread closed.
                Christopher Mallon
                FIDE Arbiter

Comment

To Chris Mallon re CYCC Prize distribution

You wrote:

"if Larry really wants to be involved, he can ask me to put the post back up."

If Victor Itkine wants to repost, he has my permission to do so. If the CFC wants to respond to his post, I have no problem with that.

Larry

Comment

Re: To Chris Mallon re CYCC Prize distribution

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                    You wrote:

If Victor Itkine wants to repost, he has my permission to do so. If the CFC wants to respond to his post, I have no problem with that.

Larry
                    Thank you Larry for your support. I have posted that 2011 CYCC Organizing Committee by the vote of the majority has decided to distribute all the surplus funds (after paying $20,000 to CFC according to our bid) among the 36 CYCC prize-winners.

Here is the table:

2011CYCC Organizing Committee's CASH PRIZES (TOTAL $18,200)

U8 GIRLS U10 GIRLS U12 GIRLS U14 GIRLS U16 GIRLS U18 GIRLS

1. $607 1. $739 1. $607 1. $531 1. $663 1. $300
                    2. $364 2. $443 2. $364 2. $319 2. $398 2. $200
                    3. $243 3. $295 3. $243 3. $213 3. $265 3. $100

U8 OPEN U10 OPEN U12 OPEN U14 OPEN U16 OPEN U18 OPEN

1. $851 1. $1152 1. $1246 1. $1001 1. $832 1. $569
                    2. $511 2. $691 2. $748 2. $601 2. $500 2. $342
                    3. $341 3. $461 3. $498 3. $401 3. $333 3. $228

Only 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive cash prizes. If there is a tie for 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd,
                    the final top 3 places will be determined by playoff games or by computer tie-break,
                    as decided by the Tournament Director. ONLY these final top 3 places will receive cash prizes.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prize for the best score in the tournament: TBA
                    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In addition, $20,000 will be transferred to CFC account
                    to support the official players competing at the WYCC in Brazil.

P.S. CFC has terminated my access to post at the CFC public forum because of this post.

Comment

Well thanks Larry,
                      How does the phrase go,
                      with friends like you,......

I asked Chris to delete Victor's post because this is an internal CFC matter, that we were going to sort out at the AGM on monday. But no, it now appears we must debate this in public. So, in a nutshell,

The prize fund distribution proposed by Victor violates the terms of the CYCC bid accepted by the CFC. According to the bid, the first $20,000 goes towards the WYCC, and the $18,200 surplus goes towards the WYCC, NAYCC, and PanAm games. These funds, $38,200 are to be turned over to the CFC Youth fund, then awarded to our players at these three international events. This is clearly stated in the bid document. No mention is made of any cash distribution to winners at the CYCC.

Victor claims this decision was taken by a majority of the organizing committee. He fails to mention that he does not have the support of the chief organizer, Anna Jin.

Furthermore, the WYCC is in Brazil this year. Costs will approach $30,000. If $18,200 is distributed as he proposes, there will be insufficient funds for the WYCC trip. I am shocked that this group is putting the WYCC trip at risk.

Victor has been invited to the AGM on monday to explain his actions.

Comment

2011 CYCC Organizing Committee has decided to provide complete public financil report of the event. It will include income, expenses and profit distribution.

It may take a week or so to finalize our expenses, and to post the report.

Comment

I fully agree with this decision to give these little boys and girls free money. Win or lose, participation should always be rewarded with free goodies!
                          i rep back 3+

Comment

So it was the intention of the CFC that none of the players were to receive cash prizes. Considering the cost of playing in this tournament, that seems pretty cruel to me.

The CFC should fundraise to get the extra money they need.

Denton (biased coach of a prizewinner)

Comment

Hi Larry,

I am the chief organizer of CYCC who did not agree for this list public in anywhere. You got my permission to use CYCC site, Hope you will look at our co-operation during tournament, listen CFC president's suggestion. All Money should give to CFC and only CFC can distribute to players, not any commitee members from CYCC. Period!
                              Committee members asked me sign 36 checks on closing ceremony to players directly yesterday and I refused. My decision is those $18,200 should give to CFC for Youth fund, I am the one who submit CYCC Bid to CFC and got acceptance from CFC, I am the one who issue all payments to CFC president directly. Unbelievable Victor Itkin took all money 20,000, 18,200, 1764 from 2011cycc account yesterday by himself without my permission. I will investigate with bank about this. All money should directly pay from 2011CYCC to CFC, not someone can take bank draft doing what he want.
                              Hope Everyone appreciate what I did in 2011CYCC for all players. Pls understand this is internal CFC decision.

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                              You wrote:

Larry
                              Last edited by Jin Daxin; Sunday, 10th July, 2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X