2011 CYCC Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Chris Mallon re CYCC Prize distribution

In official writing our 2011CYCC Committe memember XueKun Xing resigned from commitee start June, Natalia K clearly state when she joined this committe and later on in writing she would not involve any Finiancial Issues. So those two can not vote for decision of surplus.. From Committe members we have seven members, Three absent, only me and Victor can vote. Later on Leo Song, Patrick M. and Hal Bond join in the discussion. We have Patrick and Hal Bond's agreement which Surplus should pay CFC Youth fund.

On July 9 at the last second Daxin Jin have changed her mind to sign the cheques for the children and proposed to pay part of the money to the volunteers (mostly her friends) to TD (Extra bonus) and to the members of the Organizing Committee to compencate the entry fees paid by their own children.[/QUOTE Victor's words]

a/I never signed minutes of meeting, just initial to be knowledge it. I disagreed on 08.July meeting to sign all the cheques as cash prize. I follow our bid ( clearly state 1200$ for volunteers , IT service 1000$, TD fees 1500$ if over 200 players), Upto now no pay to Volunteers, IT only 200$, TDs fee 1500$. The entry fees really paid to committee memember ( In Victor "Majority" team)own kids one month ago. Lunch order for Volunteers by other "Majority" member insistence paid by 2011CYCC to Teriyaki, no Sponsorship indeed eventhough "Majority"asked me to put as sponsorship

b/Pls note the surplus who took the bank draft without Chief organizer's knowing still in their pocket. I am the only one put my credit card and all signed name with CFC, bank, and Hotel. I am the one who only has the legal liability to make the decision. Now this will come to Legal Issue who has no right to decide to cash out money from non-for -profit organization. ( Contract law, Business law)

c/What really happend after "Majority" took bank draft on July 09 morning, still insist to let me signing all checks (in fact "Majority" member has right to issue checks by himself) to award cash prize before closing ceremony eventhough they knew there is no money in 2011CYCC account. The" Majority" insist to make an announcement about their cash prize but in their bank draft already clearly pay to CFC.( I only knew about the money cash out on July 09. evening 6:30pm) On AGM meeting 11.July "Majority" did not give bank draft to CFC, only with their condition ( interest) agree to give out. At the same time use words personal attack me. ( Fraud , Criminal Law)
    Last edited by Jin Daxin; Wednesday, 13th July, 2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Re: 2011 CYCC Reports

This is on behalf parents who ask me to post in chesstalk

Hi, Anna and Rob,

I'd like to take this moment to sincerely appreciate the 2011 CYCC organizers, committee and volunteers. Without any of you the game would not be successful at all. Many parents of younger chess players are grateful for the opportunity to take their children to this year's CYCC. I am positive that 2011 event will be remembered as one of the most successful CYCCs ever.

The location is very convenience and the facility is great. The tournament went smoothly and the rounds started on time. Everything is well organized.

I already noticed long time before the 2011 CYCC happening, Anna and volunteers were showing up in different chess events to distributor the flies of 2011 CYCC to each parents. We saw them in CMA monthly tournaments, Ontario Chess Challenge.... They put a lot of efforts in marketing for this event.

I'd like specially appreciate Anna as the Chief Organizer, without your enthusiasm of chess and pation of developing youth chess in Canada, the event could not be thus success.

I am glad that the financial success of the 2011 CYCC will sponsor our Canadian players even better to go for 2011 WYCC in Brazil.

We are look forward to another Chess tournament organizing by you. I am willing to help this if needed.

By the way, the registration link under chesstalk is not working. Otherwise we'd like to post our appreciation on line directly.

Besides, we have a suggestion that there should be more rounds when there are large numbers in each section/group in order to show the equality for each players.
      And there should be more time in each Play-off. It is really CFC tournaments, not CMA's.

Thank you again for your effort. Cheer for the success!

Glen Lin
      Last edited by Jin Daxin; Wednesday, 13th July, 2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X