Quebec Open : first four rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec Open : first four rounds

Already a lot of fire on the board after only 4 rounds.
    With 43 wins and 17 draws the players of the invitationnal section clearly demonstrated their avidity to win this tournament. GM Sambuev defeated GM Leroux in a very convincing way (http://perso.b2b2c.ca/lesechecauqueb...isionneuse.htm , 10th game), while FM François Léveillée again showed his tactical skills by beating GM Thomas Roussel-Roozmon.However, Thomas withdrew from the tournament, being replaced by FM Marat Khassanov in order to stay on an even number. GMs Sambuev and Arencibia are leading with 3,5/4, followed by GMs Bojkov, Cornette, Kovalyov, Leroux and Rozentalis as wells as IM Noritsyn. In the Open section Jean Hébert managed to win his 4 games, although his third round win against Olivier-Kenta Chiku-Ratté, the U12 Canadian champion, was nicely played by the young hope.
    The leaders:
    Open: Jean Hébert 4/4

A: Mateusz Dydak 4/4

B: Marius Baran 4/4

C: Radoslav Guentchev 4/4

D: Vadim Tsypin, Santiago Plante, Tadashi Yamagami, 3,5/4

For the photos: http://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/cms/galeri...nge-towel-2011
    Last edited by Felix Dumont; Tuesday, 26th July, 2011, 11:36 AM.

That Sambuev Game...

was certainly entertaining. I didn't understand it while watching and I still don't! It seems to me quite often that when I think Sambuev is in trouble, he is actually winning. Obviously, a measure of my ability!

Comment

Re: Quebec Open : first four rounds

However, Thomas withdrew from the tournament, being replaced by FM Marat Khassanov in order to stay on an even number.
      Gee, I wonder if FM Khassanov will get reimbursed his money paid to play in the open section or not...cough

Comment

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
        Gee, I wonder if FM Khassanov will get reimbursed his money paid to play in the open section or not...cough
        When a GM withdrew, he should be penalized by at least paying the entry fee because he is expected to finish the tournament unless he got a very valid reason. If none, then most likely he will do it again. He registered at the 2011 CO and withdrew, wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Love View Post
          When a GM withdrew, he should be penalized by at least paying the entry fee because he is expected to finish the tournament unless he got a very valid reason. If none, then most likely he will do it again. He registered at the 2011 CO and withdrew, wasn't he?
          I believe you are correct. He also registered in last year's Quebec Open and withdrew...if I'm not mistaken? Damn.

Comment

Re : Re: Quebec Open : first four rounds

Originally posted by Rob Love View Post
            Grandmasters receive a remuneration for completing the tournament. For what is of Khassanov, he was indeed reimbursed, even though the invitational section now has a cost for players living outside of Quebec.

Comment

Working...
            X