Airport Security/Chess Clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport Security/Chess Clocks

Does anyone know if there are any issues travelling through airports with a chess clock?

Re: Airport Security/Chess Clocks

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any issues travelling through airports with a chess clock?
    I've often wondered about it but I've never had problems. But these days, I check pretty much everything anyway. And presumably, you have a digital clock - so it's just another piece of electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
      IMHO, just take (separate) batteries from it.

Comment

I have had my Chronos clock pass through scanners at airports quite a few times. Here are some scenarios:

1) Montreal - Dorval/Trudeau airport: I was asked to take it out of my carry-on bag and show what it was, and how it operated. I got into a brief conversation about chess with the security person. No problems.
        2) Las Vegas (2 or 3 times): left it in my carry-on bag; it went through the scanner, and no questions were asked.
        3) Edmonton: as in Las Vegas - no questions were asked.

Comment

On my way to the Canadian Open, my lead weighted chess pieces were examined. The commissionaires were quite interested in the tournament and one of them was an acquaintance of Dan Scoones as it happened.
          Paul Leblanc
          Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

I've often thought a set of weighted peices in a tube might look quite similar to a pipe bomb on an x-ray scanner, though I've never had mine examined.

Comment

Working...
            X