X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who wanted to give up the CFC rating system

From Kevin Spraggett's blog:
    http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com/

"The Executive has decreed that each player who has a FIDE rating will now have to pay a one-time 10 euro fee for a 'licence', followed by a 30 euro fee per year from then on. Should organizers not insist that participants of their tournaments have a licence then they will be fined 50 euros for each infraction (!) for each player."

How do you renounce your FIDE rating?

Re: For those of you who wanted to give up the CFC rating system

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    From Kevin Spraggett's blog:
    http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com/

"The Executive has decreed that each player who has a FIDE rating will now have to pay a one-time 10 euro fee for a 'licence', followed by a 30 euro fee per year from then on. Should organizers not insist that participants of their tournaments have a licence then they will be fined 50 euros for each infraction (!) for each player."
    This does not surprise me at all. FIDE's plan of spreading his rating system to all countries and all players was meant all along to kill national rating systems and eventually collect hefty extra fees for its own services. It is high time to think about boycotting FIDE before this goes even further.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
      This does not surprise me at all. FIDE's plan of spreading his rating system to all countries and all players was meant all along to kill national rating systems and eventually collect hefty extra fees for its own services. It is high time to think about boycotting FIDE before this goes even further.
      I agree with you.

Comment

This is outrageous. Here I am pushing to get more FIDE rated events so that we can get more players to international title, and FIDE starts doing their hardest to destroy the international rating system.

I'm hoping this proposal goes down in flame, or I support Canada boycotting FIDE. If 50 large countries boycott and threaten to form their own organization, it should change their minds.

Comment

Re : For those of you who wanted to give up the CFC rating system

I would also support to boycott small FIDE rated tournaments, should this be accepted. We could only use the FIDE rating for the important tournaments (Zonals, Canadian Open, Quebec Open...), because sadly we don't really have the choice...

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the official FIDE declaration of this decree? I can't find it anywhere on the FIDE site.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              Does anyone have a link to the official FIDE declaration of this decree? I can't find it anywhere on the FIDE site.
              It is only a proposal. The cfc thread on this http://chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1991
              with all links to documents

Comment

Re: Re : For those of you who wanted to give up the CFC rating system

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                I would also support to boycott small FIDE rated tournaments, should this be accepted. We could only use the FIDE rating for the important tournaments (Zonals, Canadian Open, Quebec Open...), because sadly we don't really have the choice...
                Those events would be gutted though with the number of players that wouldn't be OK with paying these additional fees.

I think our full federation should just boycott any interaction with FIDE, including submitting FIDE tournament results.

I'm so mad about this stupid idea

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                  More information here:
                  http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/du...tem-threatened

I just hope this proposal is not adopted at the Executive Board Meeting to be held from 15 to 22 October 2011 in Krakow, Poland.

Comment

Here is the FIDE list for items re upcoming Krakow meeting in Oct 2011

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...d-annexes.html

Wilf Ferner

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                      There are always choices but sometimes these tough but necessary choices hurt. Eventually (preferably sooner than later) we may have to make tournaments that stand on their own merits and not on FIDE's cheap goodies of ratings, devalued titles and trips to Siberia.

For a start the CFC should imitate the Netherlands and wrote a letter in protest to FIDE, demanding among other things that it stops to rate players below a certain level (2000 for example). That does not hurt. But in the long run this won't be enough. The FIDE leadership, at best, may back down momentarily but his long term goals are not going to change. The current corrupted FIDE is well beyond reforms. Only a new World Chess Federation will do in my opinion and the CFC should make it clear to everyone that it will support the creation of that new federation.

By the way the new CFC president (what's his name again ?:)) has been extraordinarily quiet since his election. I for one haven't heard or seen a single word from him. True, it was only two months ago but compared with a short 12 month mandate it is already a long time...

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
                        True, it was only two months ago but compared with a short 12 month mandate it is already a long time...
                        Maybe the idea is to wait the 12 months to become the past president. That looks like a better job to me. :)
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Denton Cockburn View Post
                          This is outrageous. Here I am pushing to get more FIDE rated events so that we can get more players to international title, and FIDE starts doing their hardest to destroy the international rating system.

I'm hoping this proposal goes down in flame, or I support Canada boycotting FIDE. If 50 large countries boycott and threaten to form their own organization, it should change their minds.
                          I think Jean Hebert is correct and we need a new world federation with a president who is not a puppet of Russia and who doesn't receive the FIDE presidency as a consolation prize for being removed as a president of a Russian vassal state and who wasn't "abducted by aliens" and who has the wisdom to avoid multiple photo ops with the Quaddafis.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                            I think Jean Hebert is correct and we need a new world federation with a president who is not a puppet of Russia and who doesn't receive the FIDE presidency as a consolation prize for being removed as a president of a Russian vassal state and who wasn't "abducted by aliens" and who has the wisdom to avoid multiple photo ops with the Quaddafis.
                            Oops! You're in trouble now Vlad.

Kirsan's alien friends called the cfc office, the mothership will be in the Windsor area on monday. They would like to schedule your anal probing!

What time is good for you? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                              Oops! You're in trouble now Vlad.

Kirsan's alien friends called the cfc office, the mothership will be in the Windsor area on monday. They would like to schedule your anal probing!

What time is good for you? :D
                              Wouldn’t it be in Kirsan’s alien friends interest to start probing CFC officials first! To get them on their side, before meeting in Krakow. :)

Or Kirsan and his alien friends accomplished it already! :D
                              Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Friday, 23rd September, 2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X