2011 Fall Governors' On-line Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Fall Governors' On-line Meeting

Bob, the Governors did not have the authority to over-rule the executive on the CYCC/Pan Am/WYCC issue. Any motion to do so should have been ruled out of order.

Comment

Hi Ken:

I tend to agree with you - that issue of jurisdiction of the governors was one of the reasons I said I would have had to go into a deeper huddle - to decide whether to ask the Chair to rule any such motion out of order.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        ... There was significant pressure to make the CYCC successful ...
        Not surprising given the event's checkered history: e.g. public arguments among CFC officials regarding alleged missing CYCC entry fees; allegations that parents were ripped off in order to beef up the Canadian Open prize fund and/or assist with C.O. expenses. You would think that the least the CFC could do would be to take an open-minded and generous approach when it comes to encouraging children's enjoyment of, and growth in, the game. Particularly when it's no skin off the CFC's back!! It's the parents who are footing all the bills. But no, the meddlesome bureaucrats running the CFC decided otherwise.
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
          Bob, the Governors did not have the authority to over-rule the executive on the CYCC/Pan Am/WYCC issue. Any motion to do so should have been ruled out of order.
          The wording I proposed involved a suspension of the existing rules, which is why it would not have been out of order, but would have required a 2/3 vote, I believe.
          Christopher Mallon
          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
          X