Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Response to post by Mr. Plotkin

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
    E.Z. dubiously you are not a happy camper.
    Of course. This year we stayed at home, only got out to a presentation by Kevin Callan to force him to sign a copy of a paddler's guide to Southern Ontario :D

I suggest before you use swear and defend someone, you should know both sides of the story first, and not just one side.
    I know more than you think I may know. :p

The only thing I seen Mr. Plotkin do is complain to Mr. Jin at 2011 OYCC, is that the website is bad and it is a real 'mess'. We all know how successful CYCC was after that comment by Mr. Plotkin.
    You are comparing bananas with crops. Yes, Mr.Plotkin was right about the website. It was not as good as a tournament. I may add that the playing hall was not good as a Hart House hall too :p Don't ask how I know it

Holidays are coming and you say things like that. It is a real pity.
    I fear for your soul

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      I know more than you think I may know. :p:
      Obviously not in this case. :D

Yes, Mr.Plotkin was right about the website. It was not as good as a tournament.
      You are entitled to your own opinion. :D

I may add that the playing hall was not good as a Hart House hall too.
      You comparing apples with oranges here.

I fear for your soul
      I really hope you don't any more 'nice' phrases for me this holidays.

Comment

The idea of this post was to discuss a serious matter this forum. It is unfortunate that it turned out into bunch of personal attacks, as usual.

I have nothing more to say on this matter, as I already stated my reply to Mr. Plotkin regarding this. Now I realize that there is nothing more for me to add to this discussion, as I already stated in my original post.

I apologize, if I offended or caused grief to anyone, but this was intended as simple reply to Mr. Plotkin childish challenge, nothing more.

People can disregard this post and go on ranting, as usual. I will not be posting on this thread. Any personal cheap attacks will simply be ignored.

As far as I see this discussion is closed for me now and I got nothing more to add here.
        Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Friday, 23rd December, 2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
          Many people who got attacked by Egorov decided to dissappear from this site and actually surrender to his aggression. May be it's a smart decision for them, but Egorov can easily find other victims. Now he attacks me and Mark, but I am pretty sure he will choose other persons pretty soon.

Even if I stop responsing now there is no guarantee Egorov will leave us alone. Most likely, not. So what should I do? I will try to fight.

First my replies to other posts in this thread.

1. Bob Armstrong writes

Hi Victor & Mikhail:

It is only my opinion, but I think you would do better to leave the juniors out of whatever dispute you two have.

I really understand and appreciate your intentions, Bob. But why did you include me in this company (with Egorov)? Did I post here something against any of Canadian juniors? Did I attacked them personally? Did I write something negative about any of Egorov's kids or students?

2. Zachary Dukic posts "I understand that Mr. Plotkin was the first one that got Mark involved".

Mark and me both appreciate your support, Zachary. However this conclusion is just wrong. Why did you believe to Egorov? He is a professional liar. From the beginning of our discussion here he wanted to get Mark involved, not me. I can proof it very easily.

3. Adam Cormier posts "I agree that calling others idiots is harsh if he actually did do that and should have used a different way to express himself".

Thank you for good words about Mark and myself. Please don't overestimate my FM title. Title without a real strength is almost nothing. I am not a 2300+ FIDE-rated played.

Now about idiots... I never called Egorov an idiot. My proposal to Egorov to play friendly blitz match was to prevent this scenario and using this kind of words. Again, I never characterized Egorov as an idiot.

4. And now our hero is coming... Egorov...

I just want to mention some of your sentences you wrote yesterday.

a." I would not have included Mark, if Mr. Plotkin did not insist on this in his original post. He was way to persistent".

Wrong... And you know it. You are just a liar.

b. "Mr. Plotkin thinks that some of us are idiots".

Wrong. Why do you know it? What is the source of your opinion?

If you want to continue fighting here against me stop posting here about my son and please stop lying.
          I don't know who involved Mark first. It's a battle of words. Sorry for believing Egorov's proposal Victor, but as it stands, I am not sure who's right. It's quite clear that you guys began this feud back a little after CYCC. I believe I remember reading some of the discussion, of Egorov pleading to allow Dora play at the WYCC, but nothing beyond that. However, at first I believed it was Egorov who was deliberately attacking Mark. To me, it didn't matter who involved who, just that the fact that he would say such things with such profanity disturbed me. Now he is arguing that you called some of them idiots. This may of caused the urge of retaliation, but without evidence I cannot object on Egorov's behavior.

I did what I did because Mark is a friend. You claim that Egorov is a liar, and Egorov claims differently. My advice is let the evidence be shown, and perhaps the truth may come out. In any case, there needs to be some sort of apology in order, whether it has to do with Mark, or you two, or any of the ordeals associating with the WYCC discussion.

Zach

Comment

The idea of this post was to discuss a serious matter this forum. It is unfortunate that it turned out into bunch of personal attacks, as usual.

I have nothing more to say on this matter, as I already stated my reply to Mr. Plotkin regarding this. Now I realize that there is nothing more for me to add to this discussion, as I already stated in my original post.

I apologize, if I offended or caused grief to anyone, but this was intended as simple reply to Mr. Plotkin childish challenge, nothing more.

People can disregard this post and go on ranting, as usual. I will not be posting on this thread. Any personal cheap attacks will simply be ignored.

As far as I see this discussion is closed for me now and I got nothing more to add here.
            Finally. If you were going to state all those things as a reply, publicly, and not expect people to take it as personal attacks, you shouldn't have made this thread in the first place. If you felt this strongly, then you should have engaged Mr. Plotkin privately to discuss the matter. Now many people have seen this thread, and will know of the greater tension between you two. If you ignore the rest of this thread like you say you will, then this problem will not go away. It will be saved for another time, where even harsher words may be exchanged.

My discussion on this topic is now at an end. Just know that if any discussion of Mark, and personal attack comes up, I will be there to stand by.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by zachary dukic View Post
              Finally. If you were going to state all those things as a reply, publicly, and not expect people to take it as personal attacks, you shouldn't have made this thread in the first place. If you felt this strongly, then you should have engaged Mr. Plotkin privately to discuss the matter. Now many people have seen this thread, and will know of the greater tension between you two. If you ignore the rest of this thread like you say you will, then this problem will not go away. It will be saved for another time, where even harsher words may be exchanged.

My discussion on this topic is now at an end. Just know that if any discussion of Mark, and personal attack comes up, I will be there to stand by.

Zach
              I have nothing to discuss with Mr. Plotkin at any time in the future. It was simply my response to his personal attack on me that is it. If he wishes to go on and continue to insult others I can't stop him from doing so. It is his personal wish.

I did what I had to do and that is to respond to personal attack on me. Now, I have nothing more to add this topic. It is also good to hear that you consider this topic is closed as well. I hope you keep your promise and stay true to your word.

As of now I consider this discussion is closed for me and for you.
              Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Friday, 23rd December, 2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

But the thread can't die, it's entertaining me and serving as a warning for anyone who thinks of hiring this loony as a coach! :D

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
                  But the thread can't die, it's entertaining me and serving as a warning for anyone who thinks of hiring this loony as a coach! :D
                  I don't know what to do. I still have to be here for 7.5 hours and I was counting on being caught up in these deep threads. Maybe I'll have to go to a chess site where I can learn something about chess. Or some other entertaining site? Any suggestions?

Comment

Such a typical post for internet cads! I guess they got some troubles in sexual life and seek satisfaction in insulting other people. God bless internet! They can do this without any punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
                      I guess they got some troubles in sexual life
                      nah, I'm one of those well known international chess playboys

Comment

nah, I'm one of those well known international chess playboys

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
                          Such a typical post for internet cads! I guess they got some troubles in sexual life and seek satisfaction in insulting other people. God bless internet! They can do this without any punishment.
                          Yeah, how about that. They certainly couldn't get away without punishment in a totalitarian repressive regime. :D:o:p Especially if they used too many emoticons. :(:):o:p but wait we have their real names and know who they are

Comment

I also would like to remind to Plotkin and chesstalkers the beginning of few facts.

It all started in January 2011....

We all know, that you are close friend of Mr. Itkin, and Mr. Barron. We all know what happened with CYCC and WYCC and who caused all the mess!

Plotkin does have a right to defend your friends, but it does not give him right to call other people 'idiots'. Just because he finally managed after all this years managed to get FM title at Canadian Closed, does not give him this right.

Plotkin should realize that he is not governing authority.

When was a last time did Mr. Plotkin organized big weekend CFC event.
                            Did he ever voluntarily donated any money to CFC Youth fund?

Mrs. Jin Daxin organized very successful CYCC in 2011, that brought in $40,000. I would like to see, if you can organize an event that will not bring $40,000 (it might be an impossible task for you), but say $3000.00. After you do that, maybe there will be something to talk about.

Also, I would like to remind Plotkin, that it was very wrong getting his son involved into this. Others are getting very upset, because of his actions.
                            And you don't call this discrimination, Adam. Yes you are an A-class player. WCM is FIDE approved title, and she earned it by tying for 1st in 2009 North American Championship and not some local weekender tournanent and she was only 8 at that time!

Did you have a title when you were 8 years old?

What is NM title anyways? Is it approved by FIDE? Last time I checked it was not!
                            woah discrimination much? Both my CFC and Fide ratings are above 2000 I believe last time I checked that makes me an expert class player not an A-class.

I honestly don't care if WCM is a Fide approved title, the performance necessary to gain said title is not much higher than A-class. A-class players should not have titles no matter what gender they are. And I'd much rather have the NM title than the WCM title if I was a woman. NMs are simply stronger than WCMs (even if National Master is not a fide-approved title).

Now both sides claim the others brought the kids into this, Plotkin talks about your message to you, do you deny saying that quote he posted of you getting Mark involved? And the audacity of that parent to say Victor doesn't have the 'authority' to use his daughters name is beyond belief.

I simply want to know what the evidence points to, as the truth is all that matters to me (in life, chess and everything).

Now you make a couple notable claims,

1) Plotkin called you and others idiots

2) Plotkin got the kids involved

Do you care to present ANY evidence for these claims, because Plotkin has calmly articulated that 1) He never called you an idiot (if you have a quote by him saying otherwise I'd love to see it. and 2) the quote of you getting Mark involved in all of this (if you care to explain that and show how Plotkin actually got the kids involved with this again I'd love to hear this).

I'm on the side that is backed by evidence, Mr.Egorov show me your evidence and I'll make up my mind on who is in the wrong here.
                            University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Working...
                            X