Team-Quebec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team-Quebec

The last Quebec youth championship qualified some players for the new Team-Quebec. Completed by a few players according to their rating, the team is now composed of 22 young players.

This project is organized by the FQE and financially supported by the Chess'n Math Association.

You can find more information here, although it's only in French.

The principal teacher will be FM Lefong Hua. Other teachers include GM Sambuev, IM Castellanos, FM Barbeau and FM Bérubé. Together, they will assure an intensive training, both in French and in English. The participants will have 21 lessons in the year, these lessons including exercices, tournaments and a lot of teamwork.

The goal of this team is to allow the young players to be more competitive on the national and on the international scene, as well as to promote team spirit. This project should also help us to attract more talented young players to this game in the next few years.

Re : Team-Quebec

Now how about a team-Ontario to even things up?

Comment

Re: Team-Quebec

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
      The last Quebec youth championship qualified some players for the new Team-Quebec. Completed by a few players according to their rating, the team is now composed of 22 young players.

This project is organized by the FQE and financially supported by the Chess'n Math Association.

The principal teacher will be FM Lefong Hua. Other teachers include GM Sambuev, IM Castellanos, FM Barbeau and FM Bérubé. Together, they will assure an intensive training, both in French and in English. The participants will have 21 lessons in the year, these lessons including exercices, tournaments and a lot of teamwork.

The goal of this team is to allow the young players to be more competitive on the national and on the international scene, as well as to promote team spirit. This project should also help us to attract more talented young players to this game in the next few years.

The Chess'n Math Association is proud to be associated with this excellent initiative by the Quebec Chess Federation!

Comment

Re: Re : Team-Quebec

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
        If the OCA put something like this together I am pretty sure the Chess'n Math Association would support such a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
          Are you ready for my simul and analyzes :D
          Larry, do you have a space for 22+1 people in the world centre? :)

Comment

This is great news. Hopefully we will see more initiatives like this in the future. Good luck!

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Team-Quebec

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              Are you ready for my simul and analyzes :D
              Larry, do you have a space for 22+1 people in the world centre? :)
              Definetely,it's better then nothing:)

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post

BC is more poor than ON,AB,QC, nobody pay attention to young kids.

Comment

Re : Team-Quebec

It would be great if other provinces had their own team. Maybe there could even be a match between the teams. :) Of course, considering that you need at least two masters on every meeting, there are considerable costs associated to such teams. It seems unlikely that provincial organizations have enough funds, but maybe it's possible to find sponsors.

In any case, we will keep you up to date with the different activities in which the kids will participate... Let's hope the team will be a big success which will last for many years :)

Comment

If there will be $$ involved, make sure the OCA isn't left alone with the cash box.
                    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I'm an adult, and I would love to be able to get such help myself.
                      Je suis jaloux :(

Lucky kids, this sounds like a great opportunity for them.

Comment

Why be jealous? If you can find a half-dozen players roughly your strength you could probably hire someone like Bator for a reasonable rate (maybe something like $10/person/hr?) and split the cost amongst yourselves. Certainly less expensive per person than hiring him one-on-one.
                        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                          Why be jealous? If you can find a half-dozen players roughly your strength you could probably hire someone like Bator for a reasonable rate (maybe something like $10/person/hr?) and split the cost amongst yourselves. Certainly less expensive per person than hiring him one-on-one.
                          I'm not jealous in a bad way (as in having some animosity). These kids are lucky to be getting help from strong coaches.

Now that I have a real job, I was able to get myself a coach, so I'm getting the help I need :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                            If there will be $$ involved, make sure the OCA isn't left alone with the cash box.
                            The organization as a whole now and in the future? Or just if certain past participants are in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Denton Cockburn View Post

Now that I have a real job, I was able to get myself a coach, so I'm getting the help I need :)
                              What's your goal?

When I was organizing my goal was to make correspondence IA and be a good and fair tournament director. When I was playing my goal was to make correspondence GM.

People should set goals and work toward them.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X