CFC and the FQE have come to an agreement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: CFC and the FQE have come to an agreement!

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
    What about your personal attacks and your condescendant ways to tell people that they don't understand and don't see the "truth" ? Why would people argue with a teenager who is never wrong, knows everything and would rather die than change his mind on anything ?

Jean, come on, you are NOT a teenager!
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Re : Excellent

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
      I believe the CA should do what is best for chess in Quebec. No matter what you might think, I am convinced that the agreement is great for all the chess players in Quebec. Very few chess players really care about chess politics. They just want their representatives to ameliorate the services they can have access to. I am sure that our representatives will take the best decision with all the information they have.
      You convinced me that the agreement is excellent that I will probably renew my membership with the CFC.
      ----------______/
      ------(__|_____|__)
      ----------( Q Q )
      ------o00o-(_)-o00o-------
      THE GALACTIC COWBOY (J.-R. Boutin, AF)

Comment

Re: CFC and the FQE have come to an agreement!

On the French discussion boards (Chesstalk and quebecechecs.com), there has been very little reaction from the average tournament player on this subject. Most of the players I have spoken to (in Montreal) aren't even aware of the agreement (they don't read Chesstalk, but most are regular tournament players) and when I tell them of it, the stronger ones say: "Oh boy! More chances to play FIDE-rated games", while the opinions of the weaker ones are along the line of "who cares? Just as long as I don't have to pay more money".

Comment

Re : Excellent

Originally posted by J.-R. Boutin View Post
          You convinced me that the agreement is excellent that I will probably renew my membership with the CFC.
          According to F. Dumont's interpretation, official self appointed FQE spokesman :), all Quebec residents will be required to be FQE members, meaning that the CFC membership in Quebec will disappear completely. I wonder how many among the 27 governors who voted for the deal understood that ?

Comment

Re: Re : Excellent

According to F. Dumont's interpretation, official self appointed FQE spokesman :), all Quebec residents will be required to be FQE members, meaning that the CFC membership in Quebec will disappear completely. I wonder how many among the 27 governors who voted for the deal understood that ?
            Actually, my reading would be that the players could still choose a CFC membership vs FQE membership, however the CFC will have to charge a higher fee than the FQE membership (which is $45 for adults vs the current $38 for the CFC).

How many paying members have only CFC memberships in Quebec and not FQE memberships? Probably not many, if there are any at all. So I doubt very many will go with that route once it costs $8 more, although they would be able to play in the events now.

As well, nobody seemed terribly worried by the fact that this could quite easily eliminate two of Quebec's three CFC Governor positions...
            Christopher Mallon
            FIDE Arbiter

Comment

I know of at least one Life CFC member in Quebec who is not an FQE member (he has been inactive for many years). There could be other Life members in the same situation. (I am a Life CFC member, and an FQE member. I will most likely keep it that way - as long as the FQE provides a (preferably) paper magazine).

Comment

Re: Re : Excellent

BONUS!!! I thought that part was obvious.

The deal has a bright future. Short but bright.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Did you get my response to your PM, Gary?

Comment

I did. Thank you.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                    X