Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to final round World Junior

Originally posted by Aman Hambleton View Post
    I am personally really pleased with my chess, and had a great time at this tournament, my first and unfortunately also my last World Junior. Thanks to everyone who helped me make this trip possible (Corinna!) and thanks to everyone back home who followed the tournament online. :)
    Came back home?

I am very pleased that all the Canadian juniors did so well in the WJCC.
    Congrats to your IM norm and a big jump in your FIDE rating.

It's our pleasure to sponsor you to the WJCC and any future events.

Corinna

Comment

I am personally really pleased with my chess, and had a great time at this tournament, my first and unfortunately also my last World Junior. Thanks to everyone who helped me make this trip possible (Corinna!) and thanks to everyone back home who followed the tournament online. :)

Aman forgot to mention that he became recognized at the tournament as the 'chico muy guapooooooooo' . It took a lot of work on my part to contain his fan club throughout the event.
      Last edited by Eric Hansen; Friday, 17th August, 2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I thought I'd share some of my personal thoughts and experiences from this year's World Junior.
        thanks for reporting on some of the off-the-board details; otherwise, every tournament would be just a collection of moves.

Congrats on the IM norm (of course), and a bigger CONGRATS on bouncing back from that fiasco in Rd.1... that kind of early loss could really wreck some players.

Comment

Working...
        X