Ccn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ccn

1. CCN should be online, public, permanent, and have an emailer informing subscribers when it is published. This would be the most value to members, and will be a public draw to bring in non-members.

2. Sell advertisements on your website, including these article pages. If you can't figure out a better way, then use Google ads. It's guaranteed revenue which is better than none.

Comment

That is news to me...and I was on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
        That is news to me...and I was on the inside.
        At the time I was told there was a person who had been willing to pay a league administrator who was in place, although much work remained to be done. And no, I'm not going to tell you who.

There was no point in having 2 leagues. When he found out one was already being worked on he dropped it.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          The mail with a link to the newest magazine was distributed yesterday. It grew to 90 pages.
          First I've heard about it. I might ignore CCN, but that doesn't mean it can ignore me.

Comment

Well, that would be his problem, not mine. His funding fell apart because he didn't act on it. And this is the first that I have heard of a second league at all. I also find it not credible that for years we have no sponsorship and then suddenly for an entirely new untested venture there is someone willing to pay in the thousands. And then suddenly....it falls through! Sounds fishy.
            Last edited by Brian Profit; Monday, 22nd October, 2012, 02:55 PM. Reason: more additions to my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
              First I've heard about it. I might ignore CCN, but that doesn't mean it can ignore me.
              I'm guessing you are on the second/third/fourth/etc batch of the mass-mailing list.

Comment

I'm guessing you are on the second/third/fourth/etc batch of the mass-mailing list.
                Likely. I'm waiting with bated breath. I'm gonna look at this one, to see what I ignore every issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
                  I also find it not credible that for years we have no sponsorship and then suddenly for an entirely new untested venture there is someone willing to pay in the thousands. And then suddenly....it falls through! Sounds fishy.
                  Here you go. It didn't fall through. It was taken over.
                  Last edited by Gary Ruben; Tuesday, 23rd October, 2012, 01:17 PM.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

A few points:
                    1. I stand corrected. You probably haven't ever said that yourself.
                    2. I thought you were not going to tell anyone his name.
                    3. I honestly did not remember anything of that post. You might not admit to it, but you post so much garbage here, you couldn't keep track of what you wrote last week.
                    4. I didn't take over his idea. I had a similar idea. Look at his post. He decided to step aside. That was his decision.
                    5. I stand by my earlier statement that money promised on chesstalk means little - not nothing, but little.
                    6. Check your messages.

Comment

Porper's article on the Olympiad was provocative to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                        You're just fishing to see if I've already read the magazine.

I guess anyone who likes Chess Talk will love the magazine.

From your comment, is Porper unhappy about the final placing and board order? I would hope so.

Is Jean still reminding readers about how Canadian chess is improving by his views of the CFC - FQE agreement?

Are we still publishing our players losses instead of leaving them for the federations of the winner to publish? I always think only our players wins should be published.

Was Mr. Yetmann's column original? I always liked his writing as he used to mail me his printed magazine when I was playing a correspondence game against him.

Was there enough content covering our up and coming players? Games don't have to be perfect to publish them. Only interesting.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                          You're just fishing to see if I've already read the magazine.
                          Probably you are entitled to a free look of the half magazine :D "September and March issues are provided free courtesy of the Chess Federation of Canada. Download free issues at"
                          The trick is that the issue is September-October

Comment

Probably you are entitled to a free look of the half magazine :D "September and March issues are provided free courtesy of the Chess Federation of Canada. Download free issues at"
                            The trick is that the issue is September-October
                            Searching for "free issues" at the CFC website yielded "no results"...
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                              Searching for "free issues" at the CFC website yielded "no results"...
                              It is hidden well. The indirect way: on the main (home) page click on a magazine cover or a direct link

http://www.chess.ca/cfc-newsletter-archive

Comment

Re : Re: Ccn

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                                Please tell us more. To me "provocative" can be good, can be bad, or anywhere in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                                X