A few old canadian chess magazines being thrown out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few old canadian chess magazines being thrown out

I am under instructions from “she who must be obeyed” to downsize, so I am going to have to throw out, inter alia, a few old chess magazines (see the list below).

If anyone wants any of the copies then let me know and you can have them for the cost of the postage involved. The catch is I live in Australia. Email me at ‘zmtab at yahoo dot com dot au’ if you want any. First come first served. They are going to the dump in two weeks time.

58th Canadian Closed (1969)Bulletins 1 to 18
    CFC Bulletins 1973 Nov-Dec; 1974 Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr, May-Jun, Jul-Aug
    CFC Bulletin Numbers 29 to 33
    Chess Canada Echecs Bulletin Numbers 34 to 52
    En Passant Numbers 77 to 97, 99 to 136

Re: A few old canadian chess magazines being thrown out

Hi Michael;
    You could try to donate them to a chess club or a library rather than the dump.
    Last edited by John Brown; Sunday, 24th March, 2013, 06:30 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Byrne View Post
      I am under instructions from “she who must be obeyed” to downsize, so I am going to have to throw out, inter alia, a few old chess magazines (see the list below).

If anyone wants any of the copies then let me know and you can have them for the cost of the postage involved. The catch is I live in Australia. Email me at ‘zmtab at yahoo dot com dot au’ if you want any. First come first served. They are going to the dump in two weeks time.

58th Canadian Closed (1969)Bulletins 1 to 18
      CFC Bulletins 1973 Nov-Dec; 1974 Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr, May-Jun, Jul-Aug
      CFC Bulletin Numbers 29 to 33
      Chess Canada Echecs Bulletin Numbers 34 to 52
      En Passant Numbers 77 to 97, 99 to 136
      Private message to you posted.

Comment

Email message sent as well.

Ken - if you are interested in the 1969 Canadian Closed bulletins (as I am - if they have all the games), why don't you take them, and send me a scan/copy at some future date?

Comment

I’m interested in the En Passant magazines but wouldn’t mind a scan of the bulletins either.

Message sent to Australia as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            Email message sent as well.

Ken - if you are interested in the 1969 Canadian Closed bulletins (as I am - if they have all the games), why don't you take them, and send me a scan/copy at some future date?
            OK, if Michael sends me those, I will do that.

Comment

My apologies but I made a mistake with the Canadian Closed Chess bulletins -- they are from the 58th CC but that was in 1972 not 1969. The 1969 crosstable featured prominently on the first page of the first bulletin and in my haste I posted the wrong information. Sorry about that as I know the 1969 is 'rarer'; it was simply a senior's moment.

I now have scanned copies of the 1972 event should anyone want them.

There are some people interested in the magazines and I am finding postage costs now, but hopefully they will find a good home. I will let anyone who emailed me no the result.

Comment

I'd like to have CFC Bulletin Nov-Dec 1973. I sometimes need to refer back to old issues in my rating auditor job and I'm missing the entire set for 1973.
                If you're at the Canadian Open in July I could pick it up there. Otherwise, if you're willing to mail it to me, I'll give you the address. Thanks in advance.
                Paul Leblanc
                Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Nov-Dec 1973 was the only issue published that year - it was issue #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                    Nov-Dec 1973 was the only issue published that year - it was issue #1.
                    The meeting where it was decided to publish the magazine was held in 1973, as I recall. Can't recall the month but it was probably around the fall of the year. It wasn't an annual meeting. The position of business manager, or whatever it was called then, was created at the same time.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
                      I'd like to have CFC Bulletin Nov-Dec 1973. I sometimes need to refer back to old issues in my rating auditor job and I'm missing the entire set for 1973.
                      If you're at the Canadian Open in July I could pick it up there. Otherwise, if you're willing to mail it to me, I'll give you the address. Thanks in advance.
                      The CFC published an annual booklet of all ratings 1970-73. I have 3 of them. Some rating revisions were in early Chess Canada and Canadian Chess Chat.

Comment

Annual CFC rating booklets were printed even before 1970. I have then from 1966, 1967, and 1968 (and I think some older ones as well).

Comment

Michael Byrne was the Tournament Director for the 1973 Canadian open in Ottawa. He emigrated to Australia shortly afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X