do you notice the difference of time taken to upload crosstable between CFC and USCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you notice the difference of time taken to upload crosstable between CFC and USCF

just noticed it usually took 0 - 2 days for USCF tournament to upload crosstable(means the crosstable be shown to end users), but for CFC, it usually takes 7-15 days, is that because our organizers are too busy focusing on make the tournament better than Americans?:)

Re : do you notice the difference of time taken to upload crosstable between CFC and

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
    just noticed it usually took 0 - 2 days for USCF tournament to upload crosstable(means the crosstable be shown to end users), but for CFC, it usually takes 7-15 days, is that because our organizers are too busy focusing on make the tournament better than Americans?:)
    Is it really that long? I submit the results on Monday and usually they are on the website two or three days after that.
    Last edited by Felix Dumont; Monday, 29th April, 2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Re: Re : do you notice the difference of time taken to upload crosstable between CFC

The changes are made once a week.
      If the information is not sent in on
      time,then it goes on the next week.
      That is why it seems like two weeks.;)

Comment

Re: do you notice the difference of time taken to upload crosstable between CFC and U

Originally posted by George Zhou View Post
        Most organisers send in the crosstables right away. The CFC calculates ratings on Wednesday (usually) and then posts the crosstable and updated ratings.

Some organisers post the crosstable on their own website, for example, the 2013 OYCC finished on Sunday, and the crosstables were uploaded to www.oycc.ca the same evening.

The USCF appears to do a preliminary calculation of ratings immediately on receipt, presumably automatically, but they aren't official right away. Incidentally, CMA does the same thing.... I upload the tournament results, and hit "preview results", and there are the crosstables and new (unofficial) ratings. It's only the CFC which has an antiquated system.
        Last edited by John Coleman; Tuesday, 30th April, 2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Re: do you notice the difference of time taken to upload crosstable between CFC and U

What I have noticed with USCF results is that I get irritated when they aren't available immediately after the tournament. Two or three days can seem like an eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            What I have noticed with USCF results is that I get irritated when they aren't available immediately after the tournament. Two or three days can seem like an eternity.
            Do you leave a tournament earlier without waiting for final results?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              Do you leave a tournament earlier without waiting for final results?
              Rarely, I will leave early when I have a ride with someone else and they want to leave. The impatience is more from wanting to see the impact of the tournament on the rating of the half dozen or occasionally dozen or more Windsor area children who played in the tournament.

Comment

The USCF uses an automatic system to update ratings almost instantly provided results get past a screening program that rejects submissions with any errors.
                I think there is a manual audit after the fact but I'm not sure of that.
                I learned this in a discussion with a couple of members of the USCF rating committee at the 2012 US Open.
                Paul Leblanc
                Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                  Rarely, I will leave early when I have a ride with someone else and they want to leave. The impatience is more from wanting to see the impact of the tournament on the rating of the half dozen or occasionally dozen or more Windsor area children who played in the tournament.
                  Exactly the rating impact is what I am interested, thanks Vlad for the point.
                  I searched the two weekend American tournaments(April 27-28) on Sunday night: All girls in Chicago and Great lakes in Michigan, both cross tables were available the same day as the last day of the tournament, but not the OYCC cross table with rating change, probably available this weekend(7 days later) due to CFC manual auditing system?
                  I wish it can improve a little bit, let's say 3 days, so that it can help decide what next tournament the kids will participate in coming weekend.

Comment

I wish they published the new ratings every three months. That's about enough time to teach people patience, which considering we are talking chess players here is rather ironic.
                    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                      I wish they published the new ratings every three months. That's about enough time to teach people patience, which considering we are talking chess players here is rather ironic.
                      It's clear technology (especially computers along with the internet) has made many people far less patient than before, in all walks of life. By-products of these ubiquitous machines as far as chess goes include faster time controls and the avoidance of adjournments as well.
                      Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Tuesday, 30th April, 2013, 08:36 PM. Reason: Good grammar is essential. :)
                      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
                      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                        I wish they published the new ratings every three months.
                        LOL That would be too harsh these days.

Anyway, an obsession with rating is not healthy for kids and their coaches :D

Comment

Working...
                        X