Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: Wesley So listed as federation "CAN"?

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    Hi there,

We require real names and complete names (first and last) to post on this site. Please send me yours by e-mail to: bevand at chess-math dot org

Thanks,

Larry
    Thank you for the opportunity to post. I will attempt to post no more. My visit was brief but I just hope I made my point. This is really not about Wesley So but about some of us Canadians who think that the world solely evolves around us. I find that the metaphors used in this thread were rather unpalatable which I hastily labeled as arrogant.

My point simply is that when we want someone with tremendous talent to play for us , especially a prodigy like So, we owe it to the person to show respect of his origin, his roots no matter how modest we think it is. It is not as simple as living in this country is all that people want. People want to excel and not merely survive. The feeling of superiority cannot extend to chess for we all know we have much to be desired not only in the field of competition but in the area of inculcating the art of chess in the Canadian psyche. For this week have to respectful and humble.

My 2 cents...

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Gus U View Post
      Thank you for the opportunity to post. I will attempt to post no more. My visit was brief but I just hope I made my point. This is really not about Wesley So but about some of us Canadians who think that the world solely evolves around us. I find that the metaphors used in this thread were rather unpalatable which I hastily labeled as arrogant.

My point simply is that when we want someone with tremendous talent to play for us , especially a prodigy like So, we owe it to the person to show respect of his origin, his roots no matter how modest we think it is. It is not as simple as living in this country is all that people want. People want to excel and not merely survive. The feeling of superiority cannot extend to chess for we all know we have much to be desired not only in the field of competition but in the area of inculcating the art of chess in the Canadian psyche. For this week have to respectful and humble.

My 2 cents...

Thank you

Last sentence should read :

....for this we have to be respectful and humble...

Comment

Last sentence should read :

....for this we have to be respectful and humble...
        What a joke. You come here and preach and won't give your full name. You simply can't be taken seriously.

Why are you afraid to tell us who you are?
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Wesley So listed as federation "CAN"?

Hello Mr. Gus,

Wesley is definitely a great talent and will probably be one of the top players in the world soon. He still didn't reach his full potential strength yet in my opinion.

Yeah... and he cake-walked Toronto, Montreal and Calgary tourneys and won them all :)
          He seems to have difficult time cake-walking 2011 Hamilton Winter Open! :)

http://www.chess.ca/players?check_ra...170&key=131030
          Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Wednesday, 30th October, 2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Filipino Wesley So.

Needling or tormenting a poster because he's anonymous (when bad manners are all around) or because you want to mock his country of origin (and pretend you're not), or any other obtuse reason is still needling someone unnecessarily.

Gah. What if this guy is Wesley So and you've just insulted him? %$*#@. I'm closing this thread.
            Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 30th October, 2013, 04:27 PM. Reason: remove unparliamentary language
            Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
            X