Mississauga Open 2013 - August 24-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mississauga Open 2013 - August 24-25

Id like to ask that people who own digital clocks bring them...just in case.

Thanks greatly!

Comment

73 players on preregistered list.
      See post #2 above for list.

Comment

Is anyone who lives in the Thornhill / Markham / Richmond Hill area willing to drive my daughter Rebecca on Saturday morning (and possibly to one of the above places for lunch / dinner, and drive her back on Saturday night)? My family needs to leave Toronto that morning to pick up my other daughter out of town. I could drop off Rebecca at your house that morning. She is old and mature enough to take care of herself other than the rides. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help out.

Comment

Hi everyone. Also looking for people driving in from Kitchener willing to give rides. Please email me at chesshamilton@gmail.com if you can help.

Comment

Hi everyone. I notice a few people new to tournaments are in this event and I just want to note that they should be practicing writing down their moves the last few days before the event begins.

Writing down your moves in this event will be mandatory.

Comment

We have 90 preregistered, with just over a day left. Can we make it to 100! :)

Garvin's last post may seem odd to some of you seasoned tournament players. Keeping a game record at Mississauga Club event is optional, but most of us do it anyway. So we have a few club players taking their maiden trip to a CFC rated event. If anyone wants a quick lesson on recording games, see me at the club tonight. It takes at most 5 minutes to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                ... If anyone wants a quick lesson on recording games, see me at the club tonight. It takes at most 5 minutes to learn.
                Bob thank you very much for doing this. Mississauga players, if you need help learning to record please take Bob up on his offer to teach you! This is a busy man who doesn't give away his time that easily!

Comment

Is it possible to join the CFC at the tournament site on Saturday morning, or does that have to be done in advance? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

It is usual to allow players to pay the membership fee at the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Waldorf View Post
                      Is it possible to join the CFC at the tournament site on Saturday morning, or does that have to be done in advance? Any info appreciated. Thanks.
                      Yes. You can join or renew your CFC memberships at the tournament site on saturday morning. :)

Comment

Bob,

Is the food court opened? I remember the University has a Tim Hortons, Subway and a pizza place in the food court.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                          Bob,

Is the food court opened? I remember the University has a Tim Hortons, Subway and a pizza place in the food court.
                          Sorry No. We thought they would be open, but then discovered they close on weekends in the summer.
                          There are soda and snack machines, but that's it.
                          We will have maps of fast food and restaurants in the neighbourhood, but nothing within walking distance.
                          The tables in the food court will be available for use, so bring food if that is your preference.
                          We are looking into getting phone numbers for pizza and sub places that may deliver.
                          Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 23rd August, 2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
                            Bob,

At some point we are looking to order party pizzas. You can say how many squares you want and give Paul 1 dollar a square.

If this plan changes, we will let you know during the announcements.

Comment

There is a McDonalds at 3025 Clayhill Rd near
                              Clayhill and Dundas.This is a mini mall.

Comment

and where is a link to chess(-)results? :)

Comment

Working...
                                X