Future Canadian Opens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Canadian Opens

Does anyone have any information on where upcoming Canadian Opens will be held?

Even if it means just knowing who may be putting in a bid to host one.

Thanks,

Joe
    PS. Looking forward to watching this one and hoping it comes back to Ottawa next year.

Re: Future Canadian Opens

Hi Joe,

A bid to host the Canadian Open and CYCC for 2014 in Montreal was posted on the CFC Governors Board on July 3rd.
    There has been no response from the CFC executive so far.

Comment

Excellent. Two hours away isn't too bad. Here's to hoping Montreal's bid wins.

Btw, you coming to the Canadian Open? I hope you're planning on makingit up here.

Thanks for the info Bob,

Joe

Comment

Back to back big tournaments in Montreal? Canadian then Quebec Open? Or will it just be one big open where they are merged together?

Comment

Re : Re: Future Canadian Opens

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
          Back to back big tournaments in Montreal? Canadian then Quebec Open? Or will it just be one big open where they are merged together?
          They would be merged. I can't imagine how much time it would take to organize both in the same summer.

Comment

Hi Bob,

I know that Atlantic Canada is putting together a bid....what is the best way for them to proceed so that they do not miss the boat?

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              Hi Bob,

I know that Atlantic Canada is putting together a bid....what is the best way for them to proceed so that they do not miss the boat?

Larry
              Contact the CFC executive immediately. If the bid is not ready yet, at least let them know of an intention to submit a bid. Email addresses for the executive can be found on the CFC website. Contact them all.

Comment

Thanks Bob!

I heard back.

Fred McKim is working with the organizer to put something together.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
                  Thanks Bob!

I heard back.

Fred McKim is working with the organizer to put something together.

Larry
                  Yes. We may end up with two great bids for 2014. I would think a final decision will be made within two weeks.

Comment

I played in Sackville N.B. and it was just great! It would be outstanding if we could get a bid from Nova Scotia because the CO has never been there.

Comment

I presume given that it is only July that the Governors will be given an opportunity to vote on the bids?

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Sackville, Halldor.

Comment

Re : Re: Future Canadian Opens

The organizers of the Maritimes bid can't give details about the bid before the deadline of the Montreal bid (which is coming quickly), which is problematic for the executive.
                        We will try to enter in contact with them and see if we can have more details and perhaps cooperate (there's no need to go in an bid war). A bid from an Atlantic province would indeed be a great news, but obviously, one cannot organize the CO and the CYCC in a province with 30 CFC members without big sponsors, lots of incentives for players from other provinces and a good plan to attract many kids. It would be a disaster if the CYCC could not even pay for half of the flights. Both tournaments together require a budget of well over $100 000, so any bid must be really well-rounded.

In any case, as I said, we will try to contact the organizers and see if we can cooperate. If their bid is indeed interesting, we could help them and maybe even skip our turn for 2014. An other option would be for them to wait until 2015, so they can have more sponsors and publicize their event well in advance (maybe we could also help them if they want to).
                        Last edited by Felix Dumont; Tuesday, 9th July, 2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                          I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Sackville, Halldor.
                          Sackville was also one of my favorites! :)

Comment

Working...
                          X