FIDE World Chess Cup 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE World Chess Cup 2013

The FIDE World Chess Cup (World Cup) will be held from 10th August to 3rd September in Tromsø, Norway. The event is an integral part of the World Championship Cycle 2012-2014.

The winner and the runner up of the World Cup 2013 will qualify to the Candidates stage of the World Championship cycle 2012-2014.

If there is a 3rd place qualification, a match will be organized together, and with the same terms, with the final match of the World Cup to decide the 3rd place.

The pairings for Rd. 1 have now been announced - Canada has two of its top players participating: Alberta GM Eric Hansen (Can. FIDE # 1); Quebec GM Bator Sambuev (Can. FIDE # 3, and current Canadian Champion).

Here are their pairings:

Eric (2581) plays Malakhov (# 31 - 2709);
    Bator (2530) plays Morozevich (# 16 - 2736).

Good luck to you both!!

Bob Armstrong, CFC Public Relations Coordinator

Re: FIDE World Chess Cup 2013

Good luck to our champions, Eric (Open) and Bator (Closed). They are certainly in for a battle against those two superGMs. It should be great experience and who knows...?

Comment

Should be exciting matches. Let CAN win both of them LOL

Comment

I am willing to bet 50:1 for Morozevich and 1.5:1 in favour of Eric Hansen. If anyone is interested please e-mail me at Andy.Shaw@yahoo.ca. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
          I am willing to bet 50:1 for Morozevich and 1.5:1 in favour of Eric Hansen. If anyone is interested please e-mail me at Andy.Shaw@yahoo.ca. Thank you.
          I would like to bet 100CAD on myself and 500CAD on Malakhov. Do you accept?

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
            I would like to bet 100CAD on myself and 500CAD on Malakhov. Do you accept?
            I am not much of a gambler myself. If I do gamble it will only be for the 100$. How about I bet 100$ that you will not beat Morozevich in the match. If you do, I give you $5000?

Comment

Your odds are hilarious, where did you come up with those numbers?
              Shameless self-promotion on display here
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Andy, I don't know where you come up with these numbers, but I do believe that people should put their money where their mouth is! By proposing these bets, you are not cheering for Eric Hansen who is a very talented and strong GM, but you insult the Canadian Chess Champion GM Bator Sambuev and at the same time ALL OUR CHESS PLAYERS who couldn't take this title from him for the past two championships!

Instead of backing up and saying you are not a gambler, it might be a better idea if you would publicly apologize (for your public insult) or again... put your money... !

FM Danny Goldenberg
                I think, therefore I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Goldenberg View Post
                  Andy, I don't know where you come up with these numbers
                  Online chess gambling sites give me a rough idea, and I make small changes.

Originally posted by Danny Goldenberg View Post
                  By proposing these bets, you are not cheering for Eric Hansen who is a very talented and strong GM.
                  Of course I am cheering for Eric Hansen. I am simply being objective with what I believe to be true and what others (chess gambling web sites) believe to be true. May I direct you to this site as well: http://www.chess.com/blog/bigville/2...up-predictions where the author also believes that Eric Hansen is the slight favourite to knock down Vladimir Malakhov.

Comment

I'll take $100 also, but, I want the stakes held by someone. Agreed?

Comment

I am not much of a gambler myself. If I do gamble it will only be for the 100$. How about I bet 100$ that you will not beat Morozevich in the match. If you do, I give you $5000?
                      You don't seem to understand what you are saying. First you offer 50:1 odds on Morozevich.
                      Then you say are only willing to bet $100 but then add further that you will pay $5,000 if Bator wins. In which case you are in fact betting $5,000 and not $100.
                      But the $5,000 does indeed conform to your original offer of 50:1 odds. I too would want the money held by a third party. If you accept both offered bets, you will likely win $200 but if you lose the bets you will lose $10,000! In my book, that's a foolish risk.

I've been known to make bets at times,
                      Vlad Dobrich

Comment

Ok, I bet 100$ if someone will hold stakes. Agreed? And how much you're ready to bet on Hansen?

Comment

Online chess gambling sites give me a rough idea, and I make small changes.
                          1:50 are small changes for someone who a) doesn't understand anything in chess b) wants to insult another person.
                          Which one are you? You cannot just write b******t and hide behind a screen - get a reality check!

Of course I am cheering for Eric Hansen. I am simply being objective with what I believe to be true and what others (chess gambling web sites) believe to be true. May I direct you to this site as well: http://www.chess.com/blog/bigville/2...up-predictions where the author also believes that Eric Hansen is the slight favourite to knock down Vladimir Malakhov.
                          If you believe what is "true" put the money on the table. Unless I am mistaken you had a challenge which you backed down!
                          I think, therefore I am!

Comment

Gee this looks like fun :) I will gladly hold the stakes but the house (me) keeps a 10% admin fee :) LOL

Comment

I already had you in mind to hold the stakes and am prepared to donate half my $5,000 winnings to the CMA to be used for a junior tournament!

Comment

Working...
                              X