Quebec Open Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Quebec Open Blog

This is indeed the rule. At least one of the players had to withdraw because of a serious medical reason, so we would definitely forgive him if he wanted to come back next year. However, next year the Quebec Open will be merged with the Canadian Open and there will be no invitational section. Instead, there will be a 2400+ section (which should be pretty much as strong).

I will try to do a complete report of the tournament tomorrow. The winners were announced at the closing ceremony, but I cannot unfortunately recall the exact amount they won. I will have to wait for the full results from the arbiters.
    Still, as it was mentionned, GM Bruzon won the tournament ($4000) and GM Kovalyov the best Quebecer title ($1500 +$800 he won from his second place tied). Prizes were affected by the Hort distribution (to avoid cheating).

GM Kovalyov and IM Cheng tied for first at the blitz tournament ($350 each), while GM Bruzon finished third. I'll wait for the final standings from the organizer, but the participation was quite good (about 70 players if I recall well).

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Quebec Open Blog

Larry's numbers and Felix's numbers don't match. Which is correct?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Quebec Open Blog

Larry didn't take into consideration the Hort System (the prizes aren't evenly split for the invitational section).

GM Kovalyov won the best Quebecer prize, as it can be combined with other prizes. I remember he also won about $800 from his third place (GM Rozentalis winning more). I'll post the complete list as soon as I get it (most likely tomorrow).

Comment

Working...
        X