Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Anthropogenic Climate Change (NACC)

Subscribers Only

"Four major climate tipping points are close to triggering, study says.

The study said slow but irreversible collapse of the Greenland and west Antarctic ice sheets, more immediate loss of tropical coral reefs around the globe, and thawing of high northern permafrost that releases massive amounts of greenhouse gases trapped in now-frozen land are four significant tipping points that could be triggered at 1.5 degrees Celsius of warming, which is three-tenths of a degree (half a degree Fahrenheit) warmer than now. Current policies put Earth on a trajectory for about 4.9 degrees Fahrenheit of warming since preindustrial times, according to some projections."

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...sfmc_id=623521

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
      Another great speech from Bernie Sanders

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzs5...esBreakingNews
      He never said a word about what the consequences to the common man/woman (all immediate consequences, of course) of the steps he suggests will be...
      And he failed to confess that the common man/woman all over the world is suffering much more from the few climate-friendly steps various governments have already taken, than from the climate change so far...

And Bob A, if you are truly trying to seek the truth, you should try and answer these questions Bernie ignored... not just keep on posting the conjectures being made by the tree-huggers...
      Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 10th September, 2022, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

He never said a word about what the consequences to the common man/woman (all immediate consequences, of course) of the steps he suggests will be...
        And he did not confess that the common man/woman all over the world is suffering much more from the few climate-friendly steps various governments have already taken, than from the climate change so far...

And Bob A, if you are truly trying to seek the truth, you should try and answer these questions Bernie ignored... not just keep on posting the conjectures being made by the tree-huggers...
        And it's long term ... the Suffering that's coming and the Suffering that is already here ... it is long term years and years.

Children unfed ... Seniors neglected to their deaths ... our Most vulnerable will pay the price for the Green New Deal.

Barely There Biden won't be able to print enough money in time to save their lives.

How many States in the US are going to ban the sale of new gas powered vehicles? How many lives .... how much tax dollars ... how many secondary businesses and their lives ... will be dead?

How many? How many? How many? Bob A. ... How Many???

No appropriate electrical systems are currently in place? Electrical bills are already sky rocketing!!!

Fixed income Seniors .... what ... print more money for them too? Lower wage families with vulnerable Children ... print more money for them too???

Madness.

Simply ... Madness.

Who would support and endorse such a Human tragedy? Who?

Common price .... it is now on your shoulders Bob A. whether want it to be, or not.

It is!

Comment

• Hi Dilip & Neil:

I will try to be alert to the consequences of measures to slow the rate of negative climate change, and to adapt to increasingly negative climate change.

In the same way, I expect you both to be alert to the consequences to people of the current and future consequences of negative climate change (E.g. rising sea water - Pakistan, Bangladesh; flash forest fires - Western United States and Canada; heat not humanly tolerable - India; etc.). I will be alert to these as well........no action is causing untold suffering across the globe already.

My posts are based on the major view of the scientific community, not a vocal minority..........they are well-documented. They deserve more respect in this crucial debate than to be called "conjectures being made by tree-huggers".

I am attempting to shoulder the burden of an advocate that man is contributing substantially to the increasing rate of negative climate change, and as such, for all of mankind, radical steps must be taken by mankind, to at least dissipate our contribution to the rate of negative climate change. We must lengthen out our survival time to come to permanent solutions, if that is even possible.

It is for this reason I originated this thread within the Canadian chess family of which I have now been a member for many, many years, and within which I have many chess friends. I hope to encourage many to consider our posts, and this issue, if they have not seriously done so yet.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
          Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 9th September, 2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

Hi Dilip & Neil:

In the same way, I expect you both to be alert to the consequences to people of the current and future consequences of negative climate change (E.g. rising sea water - Pakistan, Bangladesh; flash forest fires - Western United States and Canada; heat not humanly tolerable - India; etc.). I will be alert to these as well........no action is causing untold suffering across the globe already.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
            All of these are not entirely due to climate change.... worse natural disasters have afflicted mankind in the past...

Comment

Hi Dilip & Neil:

My posts are based on the major view of the scientific community, not a vocal minority..........they are well-documented. They deserve more respect in this crucial debate than to be called "conjectures being made by tree-huggers".

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
              I am sorry if I hurt your emotions, Bob A., that was not my intent at all. I have previously said here that you are a good man... But even the scientists themselves would agree that predictions based on incomplete data are purely conjectures.... and what is a friendlier term for those who consider nature-appreciation as more important than all the other myriad aspects of human existence put together, than the term tree-huggers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

And it's long term ... the Suffering that's coming and the Suffering that is already here ... it is long term years and years.

Children unfed ... Seniors neglected to their deaths ... our Most vulnerable will pay the price for the Green New Deal.

Barely There Biden won't be able to print enough money in time to save their lives.

How many States in the US are going to ban the sale of new gas powered vehicles? How many lives .... how much tax dollars ... how many secondary businesses and their lives ... will be dead?

How many? How many? How many? Bob A. ... How Many???

No appropriate electrical systems are currently in place? Electrical bills are already sky rocketing!!!

Fixed income Seniors .... what ... print more money for them too? Lower wage families with vulnerable Children ... print more money for them too???

Madness.

Simply ... Madness.

Who would support and endorse such a Human tragedy? Who?

Common price .... it is now on your shoulders Bob A. whether want it to be, or not.

It is!

How many honest, hard-working livelihoods were destroyed by DONALD J. TRUMP NOT PAYING HIS CONTRACTORS?

How many? How many? How many? Neil F.. ... How Many???

You can't have it both ways.

You care about people Neil? Then you must REPUDIATE Donald Trump.

Otherwise you are one huge hypocrite.

Comment

I am sorry if I hurt your emotions, Bob A., that was not my intent at all. I have previously said here that you are a good man... But even the scientists themselves would agree that predictions based on incomplete data are purely conjectures.... and what is a friendlier term for those who consider nature-appreciation as more important than all the other myriad aspects of human existence put together, than the term tree-huggers?

Ok, Dilip, then I have a term for your type of people ... the type who prefer industry to be humming along, mostly unregulated by government....

smokestack huggers!

Bob. A., please use this term on your Facebook group for these kinds of people. Let it spread and become as widely used as tree huggers.

Comment

All of these are not entirely due to climate change.... worse natural disasters have afflicted mankind in the past...

If Monty Python's Flying Circus could be fast-forwarded to cover this debate.... you would have a animated version (courtesy of Terry Gilliam) of upper class twits blabbering on about "worse natural disasters have afflicted mankind in the past" and all variations of this kind of statement .... and continuing to blabber on as everything around them bursts into flames from the sun's heat, then they are overwhelmed by floodwaters, and they keep up their blabbering throughout the entire sequence of natural disasters.

Then they get squashed by a 16-ton weight.

Comment

• Hi Pargat:

Wild West Capitalists (Includes well-intentioned Libertarians) = "Smokestack-Huggers"

Worth considering..........

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Hi Pargat:

Wild West Capitalists (Includes well-intentioned Libertarians) = "Smokestack-Huggers"

Worth considering..........

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                        Now, now, Bob A, don't become a troll under the influence of posters who make false statements. Libertarians have always maintained that if someone harms others by harming the environment, he/she has to be penalized for it, and the carbon-tax is an example of that....
                        Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 10th September, 2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Now, now, Bob A, don't become a troll under the influence of posters who make false statements. Libertarians have always maintained that if someone harms others by harming the environment, he/she has to be penalized for it, and the carbon-tax is an example of that....
                          So calling environmentalists "tree huggers" is fine, but calling far-right deregulationists "smokestack huggers" is being a troll?

Double standard!

Don't listen to this soothing nonsense, Bob A., if a Libertarian regime ever got elected, it would instantly deregulate every industry and any "punishments" given out would be slaps on the wrist.

And how can there even be punishments when there are no regulations? I have asked Dilip this question many times, and he has no answer.

History repeats itself again and again .... people always hear what they want to hear .... Dilip knows this and is using it. Luckily, there is no true threat of a Libertarian regime being elected anytime soon.

Comment

• Quite a Libertarian Canadian begins his journey to become the next Prime Minister of our beloved country...Good luck, Pierre!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poi...oole-1.6577412
                            Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 10th September, 2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Quite a Libertarian Canadian begins his journey to become the next Prime Minister of our beloved country...Good luck, Pierre!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poi...oole-1.6577412

Isn't he a Conservative, not a Libertarian? Maybe you can explain the "difference" LOL

"As a university student, Pierre Poilievre won $10,000 for an essay explaining how, as prime minister, he would build his government on a platform of freedom — a message he just used to move a step closer to that job by becoming leader of the Conservative Party.

During his campaign for the leadership, Poilievre promised to make "Canada the freest country on Earth" by limiting the reach of government."

Yeah, that's really gonna work. Freedom to pollute the environment. Oh wait, Dilip says if anyone does that, they will be "punished".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.

So just go for it, everybody! Live it up! Party like it's 1999!

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

During his campaign for the leadership, Poilievre promised to make "Canada the freest country on Earth" by limiting the reach of government."[/I]
                                I get concerned when I hear this message from the far right about freedom. Too often it translates as:

Freedom to exploit workers,
                                Freedom to exploit the environment,
                                Freedom to impose my religious beliefs onto others,
                                Freedom to owe as many guns as I want,
                                Freedom to hate and threaten others,
                                Freedom to do whatever I want, etc.etc.

Oh, hold on a minute.....deep breathe....in out in out.....hmmm...yoga classes helping. :)

Please excuse the rant, I have been watching US politics way too much.
                                This is Canada, that Trump cult bullshit could never happen here, right eh!

This thread is about climate change.
                                So what is the conservative policy on climate change? What about the Libertarians?
                                Hopefully it is something more constructive than giving oil & gas the freedom to extract as much as they want?

Comment

Working...
                                X