Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

But I can imagine where that is going to go, into the realm of words or phrases that have no true meaning.
    Sorry....too easy, but didn't that train leave the station a while ago?
    Fred Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Dilip:

Somehow........I just knew.........that I would not get this one past you: Evidence of the existence of "Life-Spirit" (Often referred to as "soul").

Give me a couple of my reincarnated Life-Spirit lives to get back to you on this one!!

Well..........I'll need a bit of time......have to soon go pick up my better half at the cooperative pottery studio......one key strategy when in trouble is to delay, delay, delay.

Oh well........trapped........Promise I won't forget.........no one has ever had the answer to this question since the time of man........but..........I will enlighten both you, and the world! I know everyone is waiting breathlessly...........

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
      Thanks for being so honest, Bob!

Comment

• Hi Dilip:

I am preparing my material for my attempt to present my evidence of an immaterial "Life-Spirit" in all living beings, until their material avatar ceases functioning.

I'd start it right now, of course, if I didn't now have to go for my daily "beauty nap"..........no......this is not just a delay tactic.

When I'm refreshed, I'll give it a go!

Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Hi Dilip and other ANCC thread viewers:

I am quite exhausted tonight.

I would like to give a good shot at why I believe what I believe. I know some of my evidence will be acceptable to some, and not to others. So I'll try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, please do go ahead with other issues.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Hi Dilip and other ANCC thread viewers:

I am quite exhausted tonight.

I would like to give a good shot at why I believe what I believe. I know some of my evidence will be acceptable to some, and not to others. So I'll try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, please do go ahead with other issues.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
            No rush, Bob. Take your own time...
            Evidence, based on facts, can never be argued against; as CNN loves to repeat: you are entitled to your own opinion...but you cannot have your own facts...facts are universal...
            Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 9th January, 2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Climate Change & "Attached Issues"

When humanity is faced with suicidal extinction, humans tend to find issues like death, and survival after death, more pressing issues in their psyche, and that these are rising on their own personal agendas.

So it seems appropriate for those interested in climate change suicide, to also want to deal with the issue of "soul", or what I call "Life-Spirit", as well as whether or not we just "return to dust" when we die.

I have written a fair amount of material on philosophy, theology and politics (Though I am unpublished outside of law; also I have not tried to get any other material of mine published....yet). But I have posted some of my material in public, for example on Facebook, and some of my material has been read and commented on by friends of mine, and once by a Beta Reader I contracted with about one of my articles dealing with "human living".

But when Dilip asked that I share why I consider a "Life-Spirit" a "Fact", and provide what evidence I use to support that it is a fact, I realized that I had never really written in any focused way on this topic! I have decided that I do not wish to slap down here my notes on the back of an envelope. I would like to give it a serious try,. We all have had the experience of being confident we know something.....until we try to write it down! Suddenly we find internal contradictions, holes in the pattern we are trying to weave, and that our evidence may be weaker than we had thought, in earlier very general considerations.

All this to say that I am going to need to take some time, as Dilip has offered, and proceed by a sequence of posts on one particular aspect of evidence at a time. This will allow it to be discussed in kind of units. It will be interesting to get feedback on various internal issues, rather than just have general responses on the whole broad topic.

Of course, main topic information on climate change will continue on normally.

Evidence

Of course, we all agree that one of the best ways of establishing something as a fact, is by what, in law, is called "Direct Evidence".

But in law, it is also established that a "fact" can be found to be true, from "Circumstantial Evidence". This is evidence found in the context of the whole situation, which, though not conclusive in itself, can become conclusive when there is sufficient different circumstantial evidence, all pointing in the same direction.....that X committed the crime.

Another issue is how to deal with what is called "Anecdotal" evidence......personal statements of "fact" from varying sources. These can be collected so as to see a pattern, where one individual attestation might be insufficient to found a particular finding of fact. This assembly of "evidence" is often controversial.........take all the persons, who, in recorded interviews, have stated that they did interact with an Extra-Terrestrial. We evaluate such persons to see if there is some other reason they are claiming this fact, such a possible schizophrenia. This fact of hallucination association with the mental illness, can undermine this particular anecdotal piece of alleged "evidence" on the "fact" of Extra-Terrestrials. But when enough apparently healthy and balanced people all relate very similar personal experiences, then this can become somewhat strong "evidence".

For a topic such as this, it is necessary to assemble lots of various types of evidence. But there is great skepticism about the "fact" being asserted. So anyone, like me, trying to present the "Life-Spirit" as a "fact", realizes that there will be sustained attack on the evidence from many fronts. This is healthy, because we are all "Truth-Seekers/Publishers", and together, we can, by open debate, all get closer to the "Truth" on something.

Format

I am now going to try to assemble in writing, what I have now in my thoughts only, about this topic.

If you don't mind, I'll then go forward by presenting installments on the overall topic.

I have kidded that I will "enlighten"! The reality is that II am at the moment not sure what is going to arise from the depths of my somewhat confused mind. Also, I find that many things I think, have been very thoroughly and thoughtfully dealt with by famous persons, often many centuries earlier! And they may well be contradictory.......I'm sure ChessTalk'ers will let me know of contradictory sources!

But, undaunted, I'll try to present something that is at least comprehensible and discussable.

We are all unique, and we must all decide for ourselves about the existence of "facts", and be aware of when we hold non-evidenced "beliefs" about the existence of a fact.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Monday, 10th January, 2022, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• Anthropogenic Positive Climate Change (APCC)

Moving to Green Energy

The Americas - City of Toronto, Province of Ontario, Canada.

City should buy two new electric ferries for Toronto Islands — at a cost of $63 million, says staff report

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...ff-report.html (Subscribers Only)

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• Climate Change - Things Continue to Worsen

The Americas - USA

U.S. emissions surged in 2021, putting the nation further off track from its climate targets

A jump in coal-fired power helped drive the increase, according to a report from the Rhodium Group.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...imate-targets/

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• ANCC

Corrective Measures

Ann Pettifor on why the rich must be first to pay for the climate crisis

The economist and author of the Green New Deal talks money, men and malpractice.

https://www.newstatesman.com/the-env...climate-crisis

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

• The Solution to ANCC?

In my view, the world economy is effectively capitalist (Even China considers its economy "mixed"). And most national governments are capitalist, with some being capitalist social democrat (Capitalism with a "human" face).

The drive of world capitalism is to maximize profit for the shareholders of corporations, and in particular the major multi-nationals.

This is the context within which we are trying to reverse our current practice of destroying the planet, and our atmosphere, for short-term gain. It is the context within which we are determined to be the lemmings over the cliff.

According to my reading of the science on this (much more was written about this a few years earlier), the "Tipping Point" of nature (See earlier posts) is on or about Jan. 1, 2031, or about 9 years from now! YIKES!

Who believes that humanity (Those in power) will make the radical changes in economy and politics, necessary, within the shrinking time frame, to avoid climate change suicide?

Whether you answer "Yes" or "No", could you explain why you hold the position you do?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

The Solution to ANCC?

In my view, the world economy is effectively capitalist (Even China considers its economy "mixed"). And most national governments are capitalist, with some being capitalist social democrat (Capitalism with a "human" face).

The drive of world capitalism is to maximize profit for the shareholders of corporations, and in particular the major multi-nationals.

This is the context within which we are trying to reverse our current practice of destroying the planet, and our atmosphere, for short-term gain. It is the context within which we are determined to be the lemmings over the cliff.

According to my reading of the science on this (much more was written about this a few years earlier), the "Tipping Point" of nature (See earlier posts) is on or about Jan. 1, 2031, or about 9 years from now! YIKES!

Who believes that humanity (Those in power) will make the radical changes in economy and politics, necessary, within the shrinking time frame, to avoid climate change suicide?

Whether you answer "Yes" or "No", could you explain why you hold the position you do?

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

I think blaming Capitalism is a misdirection. Includes small stores and personal services? Big Capital can afford to fund research and training, and funding new solutions like carbon capture plants. There was massive pollution under Chinese and Soviet communism. It's lacking the understanding the necessity of putting the world first, civilization second, local country third. Stealing and hoarding for now with no awareness of how that will effect things longterm. That is lacking the spirituality of our connections with others and all life.

Mankind's contribution to increased greenhouses gases:
                        1. burning of fossil fuels for transportation. Designing cities for commuting cars rather than transit and local work places. People on jets flying back and forth around the work. Reflective roofs causing heat islands.
                        2. burning fuels for heat. Single family housing, large windows and poor insulation.
                        3. fuel for manufacturing, smokestacks without filters. Many items built to be thrown out as junk rather than to last.
                        4. Cutting down forests to create firewood, cities, roads and parking lot and farms. Waste of farmland for cattle which require acres of cattle feed. Transporting food rather than suburban farms.
                        5. Cattle and pigs release methane. Eating too much meat. Overfishing. And fertilizers and rice production. Eating too much period. Farmers throwing out excess food.

Comment

• Life-Spirit?
                          (Attached Issue)

“When my husband died, because he was so famous and known for not being a believer, many people would come up to me-
                          it still sometimes happens-
                          and ask me if Carl changed at the end and converted to a belief in an afterlife.
                          They also frequently ask me if I think I will see him again.
                          Carl faced his death with unflagging courage and never sought refuge in illusions.
                          The tragedy was that we knew we would never see each other again.
                          I don't ever expect to be reunited with Carl.
                          But, the great thing is that when we were together, for nearly twenty years, we lived with a vivid appreciation of how brief and precious life is.
                          We never trivialized the meaning of death by pretending it was anything other than a final parting. Every single moment that we were alive and we were together was miraculous-
                          not miraculous in the sense of inexplicable or supernatural.
                          We knew we were beneficiaries of chance. . . .
                          That pure chance could be so generous and so kind. . . .
                          That we could find each other, as Carl wrote so beautifully in Cosmos, you know, in the vastness of space and the immensity of time. . . .
                          That we could be together for twenty years.
                          That is something which sustains me and it’s much more meaningful. . . .
                          The way he treated me and the way I treated him, the way we took care of each other and our family, while he lived.
                          That is so much more important than the idea I will see him someday.
                          I don't think I'll ever see Carl again. But I saw him. We saw each other. We found each other in the cosmos, and that was wonderful.”

~ Ann Druyan

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sagan, Carl - Ann Druyan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	217375

Comment

• Comment

• Further to our discussion of tipping points.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIEu...ab_channel=CNN

Comment

• Anthropogenic Negative Climate Change (ANCC) Thread

Weekly Statistics

Per Day
                                Average This week//Average for 2022 (to date)

Views - 160 142

Responses - 10 9

The pace of participation seems steady in the first two weeks of this thread. This includes activity re the "attached issues" related to climate change.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                                Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 12th January, 2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X