• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    New World Order (NWO)

Place of the World Economic Forum (WEF)?

"Billionaires Heading to Davos Reflect Changed World Order

Noticeably absent from this year’s World Economic Forum will be the Russian tycoons who were once a fixture at the annual capitalist confab."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...m_campaign=bop

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
    I see the WEF is starting their meeting today?
    Please let us know how Greta and friends petition is received.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    New World Order (NWO)

Place of the World Economic Forum (WEF)?

"Billionaires Heading to Davos Reflect Changed World Order

Noticeably absent from this year’s World Economic Forum will be the Russian tycoons who were once a fixture at the annual capitalist confab."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...m_campaign=bop

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    ChessTalk

New World Order (NWO) (The Great Reset: Term often used by the Right) Thread

(Started: 22/12/5)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Number 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	224063

Week # 2 (23/1/9 – 23/1/15: 7 days)

(Sometimes Adjusted for no. of days)

Weekly Stats:
    .....................................................2023 Average..........................................................2023 Average
    Last Week's......Prior Week's........Views/Day..........Last Week's.....Prior Week's......Responses/Day
    Views/Day........Views/Day.............(2wks.)............Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (2 wks.).

…8........................21..........................10........................1....................1.........................1.........

Analysis of Last Week's Stats

Last week's stats ran close to the 2023 average so far.

We do have a core group of CT'ers following this thread.

NWO Thread “Responses”

There are lots of articles out there on NWO, the Great Reset, globalization on many fronts, world free-trade, and higher governments stomping on the wishes of the local residents, and their local governments.

This thread encourages CT'ers on all sides to re-post here, as responses, the NWO posts of interest they see elsewhere.

Note:

1. The goal of this thread is not to woodshed an opposing view into submission. Every position is entitled to post as it sees fit, regardless of the kind of, and amount of, postings by other positions. What is wanted is serious consideration of all posts........then you decide.

2. I personally, as the thread originator, am trying to post a new response at least twice per week, but admit my busy schedule means I am sometimes falling short on this. So it is going to be necessary that a number of other CT'ers are posting responses here somewhat regularly.

The Time Line

There is much disagreement whether the New World Order project actually exists. There are those who simply relegate it to the realm of “conspiracy theories, such as QAnon.

But there are others, including myself, who assert that already a covert group of much influence is directing government law and policy, in nations across the globe, and incrementally implementing the pieces of an eventual one-world government. We fear this centralization is not good in the long run.

A Proposal

1. Nations dissolve themselves, and, in the process, devolve power down to Local Political Units (LPU's).
    2. That eventually the world will become a “collection of villages”.
    3. The goal is to significantly lessen the power of governments, so as to make any geopolitical conflicts less dangerous for the globe.

We invite CT'ers to consider this position and to post here, their thoughts on it.

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied

The Global Future

Cost-of-Living Crisis

World Economic Forum (WEF)

"WEF Elites Rate ‘Cost-of-Living Crisis’ as World’s Top Risk in 2 years."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/wef-el...&utm_content=5

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Sunday, 15th January, 2023, 06:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    ChessTalk

New World Order (NWO) (The Great Reset: Term often used by the Right) Thread

(Started: 22/12/5)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Number 7.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	223870

Week # 1 (23/1/2 – 23/1/8: 7 days)

Weekly Stats:
    .....................................................2023 Average..........................................................2023 Average
    Last Week's......Prior Week's........Views/Day..........Last Week's.....Prior Week's......Responses/Day
    Views/Day........Views/Day.............(1wk.)............Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (1 wk.).

…21........................37..........................21........................1....................3.........................1.........

Analysis of Stats of First Week of 2023

Just being out of the holidays, last week's stats ran a bit behind the prior week. But fewer “Responses” obviously leads to fewer views. We'll see if things pick up a bit as 2023 unfolds, and the NWO starts to rise on the public radar.

We do have a core group of CT'ers following this thread.

NWO Thread “Responses”

There are lots of articles out there on NWO, the Great Reset, globalization on many fronts, world free-trade, and higher governments stomping on the wishes of the local residents, and their local government.

This thread encourages CT'ers on all sides to re-post here, as responses, the NWO posts of interest they see elsewhere.

Note: I personally, as the thread originator, am trying to post a new response at least twice per week, but admit my busy schedule means I am sometimes falling short on this. So it is going to be necessary that a number of other CT'ers are posting responses here somewhat regularly.

The Time Line

There is much disagreement whether the New World Order project actually exists. There are those who simply relegate it to the realm of “conspiracy theories, such as Qanon.

But there are others, including myself, who assert that already a covert group of much influence is directing government law and policy, in nations across the globe, and incrementally implementing the pieces of an eventual one-world government. We fear this is not good in the long run.

Some of us propose:

1. Nations dissolve themselves, and, in the process, devolve power down to Local Political Units (LPU's).

2. That eventually the world will become a “collection of villages”.

3. The goal is to significantly lessen the power of governments, so as to make any geopolitical conflicts less dangerous for the globe.

We invite CT'ers to consider this position and to post here, their thoughts on it.

~ Bob (T-S/P)

Leave a comment:

• Frank Dixon
    replied
    Responding to Vlad's comment on Russia never controlling Yugoslavia:
    1) During the immediate post World War II era, it was actually the USSR, not Russia, which dominated most of eastern Europe, after defeating Nazi Germany. Russia expanded its control there well beyond that which had been agreed at Yalta 1945 (when Roosevelt, Stalin, and Churchill met to settle the post-war situation); the western Allies were not in a position to contest this at that time. l The post I made referred to Russia in its modern context.
    2) The nation which was then Yugoslavia did in fact have some greater degree of independence from USSR, originally being part of Cominform, after the war ended. Cominform was the Communist version of NATO. But then Yugoslavia split away, starting in the late 1940s, into a somewhat less than arm's length relationship with Moscow. Yugoslavia was less controlled by Moscow than were East Germany, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and Albania. There were some market-oriented reforms brought in, and Yugoslavia maintained more independence in foreign policy.
    3) But Yugoslavia was still predominantly a Communist country during that era, as were those other European nations listed in 1), and its leader from the late 1940s until 1980, Josip Broz Tito (1892-1980), was most certainly a Communist, from even well before he took power. He was part of the Yugoslav Communist Party from shortly after the end of World War I. Tito was trained in revolutionary tactics in Moscow prior to World War II, spending a number of years there. During World War II, he was a leader of the Communist partisans fighting the Nazis; also fighting the Nazis were the Chetniks, backed by the royalist Karageorgevic dynasty. Grandmaster Svetozar Gligoric, many time Yugoslav champion and three-time Candidate (1953, 1959, 1968) fought with Tito, with distinction, as I understand it, and Tito's forces prevailed over those of Mikhailovic. Tito and his team attended most Cominform leaders' meetings.
    4) Fitzroy MacLean was a British soldier and Member of Parliament, who served as a primary conduit and coordinator for Western Allied aid to the Tito-led partisans, as I understand it. The two Yugoslav factions fought intensely against each other, as well as battling the Nazis. MacLean wrote two books in 1980 about Tito; I have the illustrated version. Maclean was later created Major General and awarded a Baronetcy.
    So, technically, Vlad is right. He may have heritage from that part of the world; I do not.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Earth1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	223847Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	223848

Is our Global System Broken?

"There is something that has gone terribly wrong with the way humans have chosen to divide the planet into "nations" and then have set up governments representing them, that then do the exact opposite, and represent "covert power" (The World Elite)." - Bob Armstrong

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    Meet Jeff: How Crimes Against Humanity are Perpetrated in Small "Fact Check" Increments

https://texaslindsay.substack.com/p/meet-jeff/comments

"From MK Ultra masking to lockdowns to the DEATHVAX™ to “climate change,” the “fact checkers” have been busy agents of the State Misinformation Apparatus. They project their crimes by accusing others of the very “misinformation” that they daily disseminate.

We now know from the Twitter Files that the FBI and CIA were shaping social media policies and banning accounts that did not gibe with their Intelligence Industrial Complex lies.

Any pushback by popular accounts regarding the “vaccine” eugenics program, destruction of livelihoods, subversion of basic human freedoms, suppression of freedom of speech, etc. were added to running “domestic terrorist” lists and all too often shadow banned or outright taken down.

Thus, the illegitimate agencies of the illegitimate government were and continue to wage a full spectrum soft war against We the People via social media, medicine and economics. And these same illegitimate agencies had since their “pandemic” program over the past three years built out a small yet exceedingly effective network of “fact checkers” which operated both through the CIA-handled MSM as well as “independently.”

One such agent of State Ideological Post-Truth is Jeff Cercone: Meet Jeff. For what it’s worth, Jeff looks like a nice guy. I’m even willing to bet that Jeff wakes up everyday and tries his best to do his job, despite his shortcomings and lack of credentials to do so. You see Jeff is a "Fact Checker" for PolitiFact and gets paid to discredit Covid "misinformation". so one might ask what are Jeffs's
    qualifications:

1)Is Jeff a Doctor? No
    2)Is Jeff a Scientist? No
    3)Does he have a degree in biological sciences? No
    4)Does he have medical experience? No
    Jeff is for all intents and purposes a wordsmith. Alongside a profile picture of him is a list of his journalistic contributions and associations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 9.05.14 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	350.5 KB ID:	223792

The aggregation of small “fact check” lies that are believed by enough people in no small part contributes to the rot of society as a whole. Thus, the banality of “fact checks” allows for today’s banality of evil. And just like the slow kill bioweapon injections, today’s banality of evil is the slow death of culture, reason, and self-preservation."
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 4th January, 2023, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Number 7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	223790

ChessTalk New World Order (NWO) (Sometimes referred to as the Great Reset) Thread

Week # 4 (22/12/27 – 23/1/2: 7 days)

Weekly Stats:
    .....................................................2022 Average..........................................................2022 Average
    Views/Day........Views/Day.............(2 wks.)............Responses/Day....Resp./Day......... (2 wks.).

...37........................10..........................23........................3....................1.........................3.........

Analysis of Last Weeks Stats

Despite still being in the holidays, last week's stats tripled those of the week before. It is to be noted that a tripling of “responses” has led to the tripling of views.

So we do have a core group of CT'ers following this thread.

NWO Thread “Responses”

There are lots of articles out there on NWO, the Great Reset, globalization on many fronts, world free-trade, and higher governments stomping on the wishes of the local residents, and their local government.

Note: I personally, as the thread originator, am trying to post a new response at least twice per week, but admit my busy schedule means I am sometimes falling short on this. So it is going to be necessary that a number of other CT'ers are posting responses here somewhat regularly.

The Time Line

There is much disagreement whether the New World Order project actually exists. There are those who simply relegate it to the realm of “conspiracy theories, such as Qanon.

But there are others, including myself, who assert that already a covert group of much influence is directing government law and policy, in nations across the globe, and incrementally implementing the pieces of an eventual one-world government. We fear this is not good in the long run.

Some of us propose:

1. That eventually the world will become a “collection of villages”.
    2. The goal is to significantly lessen the power of governments, so as to make any geopolitical conflicts less dangerous for the globe.

~ Bob (T-S/P)
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 4th January, 2023, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    What’s going to happen in 2023?
    Dr. Vernon Coleman

27th December 2022

"It’s the end of 2022 and this is video 319. If you’ve watched all 319 you can give yourself a pat on the back – but if you are in the UK, please don’t dislocate anything as you do so because there are no ambulances, no GPs and no hospitals; and possibly no Royal Mail to bring you a get well card. GPs, who earn huge six figure salaries, want a 21 hour working week, without having to see patients face to face, and are threatening to go on strike. How will anyone tell if GPs do go on strike? They gave out millions of toxic jabs that cause heart attacks and now there are no ambulances and no hospitals.

Today, I’m going to tell you what is going to happen in 2023. I don’t have an informer feeding me secrets. I don’t have microphones planted in the World Economic Forum headquarters and I don’t have Bill Gates on speed dial. I know exactly what’s going to happen because ever since early 2020, when the lies first started and governments all around the world began singing the same words to the same gloomy dirge, the conspirators have been following a ruthless and evil programme of deceit, deception and fear.

In the true tradition of baddies such as Ernst Stavro Blofeld, the conspirators want to take over the world. It’s all about power and money. They want all the remaining oil for themselves. They know it’s running out and they want to keep their obscene super-yachts moving. They also want enough fuel for planes and for bombing foreigners.

The oil shortage is now eternal and getting worse. Extra taxes on oil companies mean that exploration is halting. Banks won’t support companies looking for more oil. The EU’s policies on tankers, and their insurance, means that the worldwide flow of oil will be hampered. The EU, remember, was always the conspirators’ first step towards an unelected, brutal world government. Those who support the EU are collaborators of the very worst kind.

As Russian oil disappears from the market, the other producers will have ever more power. The price of oil is just going to go up.

The conspirators, helped by discredited organisations such as YouTube and the BBC, created global warming as an excuse to stop us travelling. And the plans are progressing well. The Government in the UK was recently advised by climate change cultists in Oxford, and the inevitable Imperial College that by 2030 all airports in the UK must close except Heathrow, Glasgow and Belfast. And by 2050, the three remaining must go. Until then access to airports must be by rail only. In Oxford – which now seems to me to be the world centre for insanity born of tyranny – citizens are to be locked into community prisons for most of the year. Check it all out if you don’t believe me. Presumably, only the conspirators, politicians and the climate change cultists will be allowed to travel.

And as I warned you the best part of three years ago, in a video entitled ‘A Population Control Plan’, which was published on May 16th 2020, and taken down very quickly, they want to reduce the world’s population. The transcript is in my book Covid-19: The Greatest Hoax in History which contains the scripts of all my early videos except the first one which I did without a script.

The deliberately created food and fuel shortages are all part of their ruthless, genocidal master plan. The designer war which we haven’t quite declared against Russia means that Western farmers are denied access to fertilisers – remember 28% of the global supply comes from Russia and Ukraine. That, on top of the soaring cost of fuel, and heavy handed Government action means that thousands of farms are being closed. The Dutch Government, for example, just closed 3,000 working farms to please the cultists who claim they are worried we might have slightly better summers occasionally.

The absurd re-wilding schemes, whereby bison, boar, wolves, beavers and wild cats are introduced into the countryside, where they’ve never been before, are aimed at forcing people out of the countryside and into the towns as well as forcing food prices ever higher and ensuring that most people eat food made in laboratories. All those bison wandering around won’t do fields of cabbages or solar panels much good.

People don’t notice what is happening because they are misled by the distractions and mis-directions. The conspirators are like conjurors. They use feeble minded narcissistic exhibitionists like Mr Harry and Mrs Meghan to distract the feeble minded masses. Fake rows about race and sexism are created to distract and divide. A word considered unsuitable becomes a life changing assault – but only if it goes one way. Meanwhile, racism against white males seems to continue unabated. A white man who applied for a job with West Yorkshire Police was apparently told that he wasn’t suitable because they were hiring only women and ethnic minorities. Turn that around and see how it sounds. How many double woke lefties would start screaming if West Yorkshire Police were to announce that it wasn’t recruiting women or non-white males? Or only recruiting non-Jews? Or only recruiting heterosexuals?

Race campaigners will take down a statue but I haven’t seen them complaining about hundreds of millions starving to death in Africa and Asia because of massively high food and fuel prices. Europe, while pretending to be very green and committed to net zero, is importing huge quantities of chopped up trees to burn to make electricity, and being supplied with liquefied natural gas being imported from the United States in huge diesel powered tankers. And within Europe, 573 billion euros of taxpayers’ money has been spent on keeping energy prices affordable. That sort of money isn’t available in Africa or Asia.

The next problem for Europe is that the gas storage tanks were filled with Russian gas long ago. That isn’t going to happen before next winter. Moreover, Chinese imports of LNG gas were low because of their crazy zero covid policies. When those end, the Chinese will be buying up all the gas. If you think this winter is bad for prices and feeling cold wait until next winter.

Digitalisation, compulsory vaccination and a global social credit programme are part of the plan to control everything we do. The enemy will keep the fear levels as high as they can with starvation, economic collapse, wars and endless threats of new diseases. And, of course, vaccine injury deaths are classified as ‘sudden adult death syndrome’. They’ll never blame the vaccines for anything. They’ll link the vaccines to the digitalisation and you won’t be able to do anything if you haven’t had all their compulsory jabs. I warned about that years ago as you will remember."

https://vernoncoleman.org/videos/wha...ng-happen-2023
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 3rd January, 2023, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied
    Hi Dilip:

Thank you for the detailed and insightful Libertarian analysis of the Allende regime. Allende served from November 3, 1970 until his death on September 11, 1973. Wikipedia wrongly states that " He was the first Marxist to be elected president in a liberal democracy in Latin America." This is incorrect technically........He was always the leader of the Socialist Party of Chile. The error has crept in because he was a farther left Socialist personally, and because the policies of his Popular Unity government would now be seen "Democratic Marxist".

As to 72-3 economic deterioration cited by you, Wikipedia notes: Although the acceleration of inflation in 1972 and 1973 eroded part of the initial increase in wages, they still rose (on average) in real terms during the 1971–73 period.[56]

One has to understand the internal and international pressures that Allende faced trying to steer the nation towards more equality, and the true causes of the later deterioration of the economy:

Wikipedia:

Salvador Allende took office in a difficult international context. Chile was aligned with the United States in 1970. Elsewhere in Latin America, Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia were ruled by conservative military dictatorships (soon to be joined by Uruguay). Colombia and Venezuela also had conservative, but democratically elected, governments. Only Cuba, Peru and Mexico viewed the Chilean socialist experiment with sympathy. Under Allende's presidency, Chile joined the Non-Aligned Movement, a position that was then almost unique in Latin America.[87]

Despite winning the presidential election, the legislative and judicial powers were still held by the opposition, making it difficult for the government to legislate.

As president, Allende sought to nationalize major industries, expand education and improve the living standards of the working class. He clashed with the right-wing parties that controlled Congress and with the judiciary.

The United States, under the Nixon administration, prevented the renegotiation of national debt and placed an embargo on goods from nationalized companies. In response to these efforts, Allende expanded the money supply, and inflation skyrocketed. Food shortages worsened as the embargo limited imports and hoarding in the black market limited access to food.When Chile nationalized its copper industry, the United States government cut off support and increased its support to opposition.

Forced to seek alternative sources of trade and finance, Chile gained commitments from the Soviet Union to invest some $400 million in Chile in the next six years.[citation needed] Allende's government was disappointed that it received far less economic assistance from the USSR than it hoped for. Trade between the two countries did not significantly increase and the credits were mainly linked to the purchase of Soviet equipment. Moreover, credits from the Soviet Union were much less than those provided to the People's Republic of China and countries of Eastern Europe. When Allende visited the USSR in late 1972 in search of more aid and additional lines of credit after 3 years, he was turned down.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
    Hi Bob,
    Higher wages is a good thing, unless you combine it with nationalization / unionization. In Allende's regime, nationalization resulted in loss of production and money losing companies, while unionization led to rampant strikes, and hence even Fidel Castro and USSR criticized what was happening in Chile. So the downfall of Allende was mainly due to empty shelves in stores and hardly any inflation adjusted increase in wages.
    The right way to reduce unjust inequality is to give access to capital to the poor, so that they can develop themselves, and compete, and reducing the power (power=corruption) of the governments, so that the stinking rich/privileged cannot unjustly continue to prevent others from competing by using bribes to raise non-inclusivity barriers for the poor in general and certain communities in particular... (we all know of even a young Joe Biden supporting legislation to reduce access to schools for young girls like Kamala Harris)…
    Capitalism rewards 'being rich', Marxism rewards the political savviness to grab a bigger piece of a very limited common pie, while Libertarianism, like Chess, rewards smart, hard work. Why would you choose anything but Libertarianism, Bob A.?
    D
    Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Monday, 2nd January, 2023, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    Hi Dilip:

Thank you for the detailed and insightful Libertarian analysis of the Allende regime. Allende served from November 3, 1970 until his death on September 11, 1973. Wikipedia wrongly states that " He was the first Marxist to be elected president in a liberal democracy in Latin America." This is incorrect technically........He was always the leader of the Socialist Party of Chile. The error has crept in because he was a farther left Socialist personally, and because the policies of his Popular Unity government would now be seen "Democratic Marxist".

As to 72-3 economic deterioration cited by you, Wikipedia notes: Although the acceleration of inflation in 1972 and 1973 eroded part of the initial increase in wages, they still rose (on average) in real terms during the 1971–73 period.[56]

One has to understand the internal and international pressures that Allende faced trying to steer the nation towards more equality, and the true causes of the later deterioration of the economy:

Wikipedia:

Salvador Allende took office in a difficult international context. Chile was aligned with the United States in 1970. Elsewhere in Latin America, Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia were ruled by conservative military dictatorships (soon to be joined by Uruguay). Colombia and Venezuela also had conservative, but democratically elected, governments. Only Cuba, Peru and Mexico viewed the Chilean socialist experiment with sympathy. Under Allende's presidency, Chile joined the Non-Aligned Movement, a position that was then almost unique in Latin America.[87]

Despite winning the presidential election, the legislative and judicial powers were still held by the opposition, making it difficult for the government to legislate.

As president, Allende sought to nationalize major industries, expand education and improve the living standards of the working class. He clashed with the right-wing parties that controlled Congress and with the judiciary.

The United States, under the Nixon administration, prevented the renegotiation of national debt and placed an embargo on goods from nationalized companies. In response to these efforts, Allende expanded the money supply, and inflation skyrocketed. Food shortages worsened as the embargo limited imports and hoarding in the black market limited access to food.When Chile nationalized its copper industry, the United States government cut off support and increased its support to opposition.

Forced to seek alternative sources of trade and finance, Chile gained commitments from the Soviet Union to invest some $400 million in Chile in the next six years.[citation needed] Allende's government was disappointed that it received far less economic assistance from the USSR than it hoped for. Trade between the two countries did not significantly increase and the credits were mainly linked to the purchase of Soviet equipment. Moreover, credits from the Soviet Union were much less than those provided to the People's Republic of China and countries of Eastern Europe. When Allende visited the USSR in late 1972 in search of more aid and additional lines of credit after 3 years, he was turned down.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Leave a comment:

• Dilip Panjwani
    replied
    Hi Dilip:

The only historical example I've found for Democratic Marxism is Chile under President Salvador Allende from 1971-3. He did not use the DM term, but his was a freely elected government. Allende was the Leader of Chile's Socialist Party and had run in many elections, prior to getting elected. To get a majority, he quite happily formed a Unity Government, bringing in the traditional USSR-style Chilean Communist Party.

Cooperatives were promoted; unions were strong and influential; unfortunately the possibilities of this type of government were cut short with the USA influence on General Pinochet to implement a coup against Allende. Allende was surrounded in the Presidential Palace. He know he would be tortured, so he committed suicide before the soldiers got to him.

USSR-style Communist Governments (China; North Korea; Vietnam; Cuba) are a Marxian heresy. They depart from Marx' thinking on Democracy and Workers' Rights.

Democratic Marxism remains faithful to these two principles.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
    Hi Bob,
    While concentration of wealth in the hands of very few because of subtly unjust policies of capitalism is bad, legal & democratic looting of the hard-working, wealth-generating rich by grossly unjust policies in democratic Marxism is worse. In Allende's reign, the rate of inflation rose to 150%, and production did not keep up with consumption, leading to empty shelves in the stores. As Ayn Rand indicated in her writings, Marxism leads to the hard-working intelligentsia going 'out of business', leading to a collapse of the economy. Human nature demands rewards commensurate with what one can offer to the society in terms of generation of wealth, as is possible in Libertarianism. In Marxism, what happens is that the government bakes a common pie for all to share equally from, irrespective of their personal ability to generate wealth, and so it is only 'human' for people to work the least they can get away with, and what should ideally be everybody's business to bake a bigger pie degenerates into nobody's business to do that, because the administration is done by those who are politically savvy and smooth talkers, rather than those who can genuinely work smartly on their own, without interference from others. You seem to believe that adding 'democratic' before 'Marxism' makes it legitimate, but Marxism is just as dangerous when the majority can dictate to the minority to do only what they want them to do... Libertarianism is the answer, where everyone minds their own business, but is free to cooperate and work with others as is necessary and possible...
    Dilip

Leave a comment:

• Sid Belzberg
    replied
    Hi Dilip:

The only historical example I've found for Democratic Marxism is Chile under President Salvador Allende from 1971-3. He did not use the DM term, but his was a freely elected government. Allende was the Leader of Chile's Socialist Party and had run in many elections, prior to getting elected. To get a majority, he quite happily formed a Unity Government, bringing in the traditional USSR-style Chilean Communist Party.

Cooperatives were promoted; unions were strong and influential; unfortunately the possibilities of this type of government were cut short with the USA influence on General Pinochet to implement a coup against Allende. Allende was surrounded in the Presidential Palace. He know he would be tortured, so he committed suicide before the soldiers got to him.

USSR-style Communist Governments (China; North Korea; Vietnam; Cuba) are a Marxian heresy. They depart from Marx' thinking on Democracy and Workers' Rights.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
    It is true that Allende's first year showed excellent results "During its first year in office, the Allende Government achieved economic growth, reductions in inflation and unemployment, a redistribution of income, and an increase in consumption The government also significantly increased salaries and wages, reduced taxes, and introduced free distribution of some items of prime necessity[ Groups which had previously been excluded from the state labor insurance scheme (mainly the self-employed and small businessmen) were included for the first time, while pensions were increased for widows, invalids, orphans, and the elderly. The National Milk Plan affected 50% of Chilean children in 1970, providing 3,470,000 with half a litre of milk daily, free of charge"

However, as with every regime I have read about initially, it starts off great. Still, the repercussions of nationalizing foreign-owned businesses and alienation from the international community inevitably have grave consequences that far outweigh the initial benefits. "Allende's regime expropriated the U.S.-owned copper companies in Chile without compensation, an act which set him seriously at odds with the U.S. government and weakened foreign investors’ confidence in his government. His government also took steps to purchase several important privately owned mining and manufacturing sectors and to take over large agricultural estates for use by peasant cooperatives. In an attempt to redistribute incomes, he authorized large wage increases and froze prices. Allende also printed large amounts of unsupported currency to erase the fiscal deficit created by the government’s purchase of basic industries. By 1972 Chile was suffering from stagnant production, decreased exports and private-sector investment, exhausted financial reserves, widespread strikes, rising inflation, food shortages, and domestic unrest. International lines of credit from the United States and western Europe had completely dried up."
    As with all these attempts, i.e., Venezuela's Chavez, by the second year, the result is an economic disaster.
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 2nd January, 2023, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Armstrong
    replied
    Hi Dilip:

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X