X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
    Boston Bruins ended our 82 game season with fresh NHL and franchise records ... 65 wins 135 points !!!

Only 12 losses in regulation ... are you serious? 12 losses in regulation??? 12?

Won't be surprised if we sweep the entire playoffs, ha !!!
    The one team I would NOT want to be on for these playoffs is the Bruins. The pressure on them must be enormous. What they did in the season ... do they really rank among the greatest teams of all time?

I think very much NOT. The greatest times of all time both appeared in the 1980's, the Islanders dynasty and then the Oilers dynasty. No other teams come close to either of these, in my opinion, and I admit to not having seen either team in person at the time, so my opinion may not be worth much.

As I saw one sportswriter put it, the Florida Panthers are playing with house money. By coincidence, they were LAST season's overall 1st place finisher, and everyone had them picked for the finals. They got swept out by Tampa Bay. During the off-season, they got rid of Huberdeau (sp?) and he had a miserable season with Calgary, so maybe he was the culprit for their playoff failure. And now they have one of the Tzachucks (sp?), I forget with one, there are so many! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Boston Bruins ended our 82 game season with fresh NHL and franchise records ... 65 wins 135 points !!!

Only 12 losses in regulation ... are you serious? 12 losses in regulation??? 12?

Won't be surprised if we sweep the entire playoffs, ha !!!

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    The Bruins look great and will be tough to beat. Leafs-shmeafs. I am going with Dallas, I was at two of their games this season and they play a special tune Pantera wrote for them, called Puck Off, every time they score.
    Pantera - Puck Off (Dallas Stars Fight Song) - YouTube
    EPIC theme !!!

With our win against the Caps last night we set another NHL record !!! 133 points in a regular season, ha!

Your favorite player, Brad Marchand, had a goal and two assist.

Go Bruins Go!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    The Bruins look great and will be tough to beat. Leafs-shmeafs. I am going with Dallas, I was at two of their games this season and they play a special tune Pantera wrote for them, called Puck Off, every time they score.
    Pantera - Puck Off (Dallas Stars Fight Song) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    started a topic Hockey fans in the house???

Hockey fans in the house???

Um, so ya ... as a life long Boston Bruins fan there's no way I saw this season coming.

I had a feeling it would be something special for a number of reasons but NOT this awesome!

Another long standing NHL record fell to the Bruins ... most wins in a single season ... now it is at 63 ... and counting. We still have two games left to go, ha!

Grats Boston Bruins !!!

So, you got a team?

Toronto looks really good ... Hurricanes have some special sauce ... out west, and keep your eye on Vegas ... former Bruins coach Cassidy is on a mission, ha!
Working...
X