• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
    Meh ... typical Bruins cup run.

You kiddies need schooling of our EPIC playoff run back when we last won the cup in 2011 ... I think, yes ... you do.

1st round ... 7 games against Montreal.
    2nd round ... swept the Flyers.
    3rd round ... 7 games against the Lightening.
    Stanley Cup final round ... 7 games against the Canucks !!!

And of that team ... Bergeron and Marchand are back at it again here in 2023 !!!

DON'T
    POKE
    THE
    BEAR !!!

History repeats itself, ha!

Class dismissed.

I do predict Boston to win Game 7 and I WANT them to win game 7 against Florida. Nothing against Florida, but I really want a second-round Boston-Toronto series. Please, not another Florida - Tampa Bay series .... yech ....

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Meh ... typical Bruins cup run.

You kiddies need schooling of our EPIC playoff run back when we last won the cup in 2011 ... I think, yes ... you do.

1st round ... 7 games against Montreal.
    2nd round ... swept the Flyers.
    3rd round ... 7 games against the Lightening.
    Stanley Cup final round ... 7 games against the Canucks !!!

And of that team ... Bergeron and Marchand are back at it again here in 2023 !!!

DON'T
    POKE
    THE
    BEAR !!!

History repeats itself, ha!

Class dismissed.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 29th April, 2023, 01:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    Grandmasterov, what is happening to your boys? Sloppy in their own end, mortal goaltending, good opposition... I still like the Bruins in game seven.

Leave a comment:

• Pargat Perrer
    replied
    Boston Bruins ended our 82 game season with fresh NHL and franchise records ... 65 wins 135 points !!!

Only 12 losses in regulation ... are you serious? 12 losses in regulation??? 12?

Won't be surprised if we sweep the entire playoffs, ha !!!

Just watched the 2nd and 3rd periods of Boston - Florida game 6 .... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Going to game 7 ... UNBELIEVABLE!

Well ... except that I predicted to myself that this series would go 7. Even after Boston went up 3 games to 1, I still knew Florida would take it to the limit.

All of Boston's records this season are meaningless. The Bruins are NOT a worthy team of those records. They are a better than average team, that is the best that can be said. Their top goalie now looks like he's washed up. Their old stars look ... very old. They have a good new nucleus in DeBrusk, Pasternak, McAvoy, but many other teams have just as good.

This is ripe for a total upset. Florida was last year's top team ... they know how to win.

Leave a comment:

• Pargat Perrer
    replied

Yep, sloppy.

At least Taylor Hall has found his game!

And the Kraken have risen!

Can all 8 first-round series go to 7 games? What are the mathematical odds of that?

No team has been eliminated yet .... amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    Well now Grandmasterov, your boys are clearly the better club, but as we all know... They should pull it out, but the more games it takes them the tougher it will be later on. And your defense is a little sloppy in its own end of the ice, just like the Leafs. A Toronto-Boston series would be awesome, let us hope it comes about.
    Yep, sloppy.

At least Taylor Hall has found his game!

And the Kraken have risen!

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    Well now Grandmasterov, your boys are clearly the better club, but as we all know... They should pull it out, but the more games it takes them the tougher it will be later on. And your defense is a little sloppy in its own end of the ice, just like the Leafs. A Toronto-Boston series would be awesome, let us hope it comes about.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Henderson
    replied
    Because all of the cups are in Montreal.

Born 1960, so you can imagine how this teenager made is father mad in the 70s. He hated Montreal. So I of course cheered them on.

The Vancouver - Toronto Connection (Vancouver Born and raised)

1. At some point in the 80s, Vancouver Canucks trade Rick Vaive in his rookie season and Bill Derlago for a thirty something Dave (Tiger) Williams and Jerry Butler. LOL

2. One year, I think 82 or 83, The Vancouver Canucks are having a terrible season, and coach Harry Neilsen is fired two thirds of the way through.. They replace him with Captain Video who implements a bump and grind system that takes them all the way to the Stanley Cup finals, where they go down four straight to the New York Islanders.

Gold star to Mario Lemeiux, who scored a beutiful goal with his first shot, on his first shift, in the NHL Here's the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBbp3evqoPs

Leave a comment:

• Fred Henderson
    replied
    Why do Toronto Maple Leafs fans NOT drink much tea?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Henderson
    replied

Stan Jonathan !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Jonathan

Thanks, forgot all about him!
    Hah! good link. This from the article...,

Arguably Jonathan's most famous moment[4] was his savage beating of Pierre Bouchard in a brawl during Game 4 of the 1978 Stanley Cup Finals. Challenged by Bouchard, who outweighed Jonathan by thirty pounds and stood six inches taller, Jonathan held his own, breaking Bouchard's nose and cheekbone and knocking him to the ice.[1]

Magnussen could look death in the eye and not flinch. I vividly remember watching a game at home with my parents where Magnussen hit the ice to block a slapshot from the blue-line and took it square in the jaw. DO modern defencement do that? I doubt it. Pussies.

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    I also remember Johnny Pie-Face McKenzie. He and Forbes Kennedy had a wild battle in that playoff game that Boston beat the Leafs 10-0. Kennedy even decked one of the linesmen who was attempting to step in. When the fight moved along the boards there were Boston fans punching the Leaf player in the head by reaching over the glass. And of course, that was the game where Pat Quinn knocked Bobby Orr out cold with the cleanest, sweetest hit in history. Quinn told me personally shortly after that event that one of the Boston police officers slugged him when he was in the penalty box. DO NOT MESS WITH THE BRUINS OR THEIR FANS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

Nobody wanted to fight Stan Jonathan. But yeah, O'Reilly was tough, so was Keith Magnussen
    Stan Jonathan !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Jonathan

Thanks, forgot all about him!

Leave a comment:

• Neil Frarey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    Well, the Bruins were not so big and bad last evening. The Leafs are the Leafs. Go Dallas Go (any team that uses a Pantera tune as their goal song has my support).

Pantera - Mouth For War (Official Music Video) [4K] - YouTube
    OK, punk ... keep yappin' ... so we had a sloppy 3rd ... 15 GVAs in the game!!!

DON'T
    POKE
    THE
    BEAR !!!

Dallas ... looked good. Character game for Toronto tonite!

Leave a comment:

• Brad Thomson
    replied
    Well, the Bruins were not so big and bad last evening. The Leafs are the Leafs. Go Dallas Go (any team that uses a Pantera tune as their goal song has my support).

Pantera - Mouth For War (Official Music Video) [4K] - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Fred Henderson
    replied
    Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
    [I]Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post

Agree, the phrase "tangle with" is ambiguous.

No, it's not ambiguous at all.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tangl...client=gws-wiz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X