Prediction - US Presidential 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
    ....the idea that society needs politicians to 'govern' it, is a big lie which has been very disruptive to society itself. .....
    No, that is wrong. The problem is that politicians have been elevated to such high status and the game of politics has become all about the ego and the bankbook.

Society does need to be governed. This is beyond dispute. The alternative is anarchy which leads to nothing good.

The native Americans had chiefs, but some of them left the most important far-reaching decisions up to ... grandmothers. The wisdom behind that is amazing. Only grandmothers can truly decide to do what is right for the future generations.

What we need are politicians who are like grandmothers: who put the future of they people they govern ahead of any personal considerations. We need to end the era of professional politicians.

In a related article I just saw tonight ...

BILL GATES WANTS HIMSELF AND -- ALL BILLIONAIRES -- TO BE TAXED ON THEIR WEALTH AT 62%, ALL OF IT TO GO TO GOVERNMENT.

excerpts:

“I’ve been disproportionately rewarded for the work I’ve done — while many others who work just as hard struggle to get by,” he wrote. “That’s why I’m for a tax system in which, if you have more money, you pay a higher percentage in taxes. And I think the rich should pay more than they currently do.”

Meanwhile, the nation’s top 1% continue to make money at an almost incomprehensible rate. As of the second quarter of 2024, their wealth amounted to $46.71 trillion, according to Federal Reserve data. That’s up more than 50% from 2020’s $30.35 trillion — and more than the combined GDP of the U.S. and China in 2023, which totaled $45.15 trillion, per the World Bank.

Navigator Research reported in February that 79% of respondents support raising taxes on the rich — including 94% of Democrats and 63% of Republicans. In addition, more than 7-in-10 Americans support raising taxes on the wealthy and big corporations across all income levels.

In just 4 years ... an increase in wealth of more than 50% for the top 1%. This is unsustainable.
    Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Today, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Yes, Society does need to be governed, and that is best done by the laws of Libertarianism, in a system of circles within circles...
      There is no role for politicians other than to ensure the above!

Comment

• Bill Gates knows that billionaires like him have used politicians to frame laws to exercise undeserved monopolies to prevent others also from making a fair living, and when the government tried to cancel some of these which he was abusing, he fought tooth and nail against it !

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Meanwhile, the nation’s top 1% continue to make money at an almost incomprehensible rate. As of the second quarter of 2024, their wealth amounted to $46.71 trillion, according to Federal Reserve data. That’s up more than 50% from 2020’s $30.35 trillion — and more than the combined GDP of the U.S. and China in 2023, which totaled $45.15 trillion, per the World Bank
          Let's not confuse the total wealth with GDP, and if you actually calculate the wealth of the individuals in the top 1% of the nation's population using the figures given by you, it comes to about 10 million per individual... that is just sufficient to have a barely luxurious family life, given the cost of living, e.g. a decent house in LA could cost >5 million.... The way Libertarianism would deal with the inequality is by ensuring that politicians do not frame stupid laws that I referred to in my post above, which create this inequality, and by giving easy access to capital to everyone, so that the GDP of the nation rises along with the wealth of those who currently are not so wealthy, thereby making near-luxurious life possible for the society as a whole...

Comment

• Comment

• Nothing prevents Gates from voluntarily donating his wealth to the government if he wants.
              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
              X