Our mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Re: Rob Ford skewered like a shish kebab ...

This full of crap (and possibly of crime) mayor doesn't even have the decency to stop 'excusing' his s--t with 'I was drunk'! This is not an excuse, it's an aggravating circumstance.
    atlantarhinoplastycritic.com

Comment

Ford served with libel notice, seeks "support"

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Well, Nigel, you'll be pleased to hear the amount in the crowd funding is rising.
      Then it's true when they say that there's a sucker born every minute. Why the son of a billionaire needs such financial "help" from the public is an interesting question.

Maybe they could spare some change for the more than 5,000 people who are homeless in T.O. and need some sort of shelter.
      Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Ford served with libel notice, seeks "support"

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
        Maybe they could spare some change for the more than 5,000 people who are homeless in T.O. and need some sort of shelter.
        Maybe if Wynne and her government weren't blowing billions on things like the gas plant cancellations and a circus like the Pan Am games there would be money to look after the homeless. The NDP is nothing but her enabler by voting to allow Wynne's government to continue.

Not to worry. Hudak will likely get the next turn to solve the problem you have identified.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Not to worry. Hudak will likely get the next turn to solve the problem you have identified.
          I'm sure he has a brilliant modest proposal for the homeless. After all, the concerns of the most vulnerable and poverty-stricken are always at the top of .... lol.

Okay, maybe not.

Conservative in Ontario: "heartless, business-oriented, money first, not caring enough about people"

And that's from one of the delegates to the recent Conservative policy convention in Ontario!

Comment

I'm sure he has a brilliant modest proposal for the homeless. After all, the concerns of the most vulnerable and poverty-stricken are always at the top of .... lol.

Okay, maybe not.
            That large number of homeless is under the left wing Liberal government. They have been in power for 10 years or more.

Why not look at the list of corporations the Liberals are paying for the gas plant cancellations. They just announced Cisco will get 200 million dollars for making some jobs in Ontario. That while other companies are closing up. The latest moving to Texas.

I read in the paper a couple of days ago some company is suing for 500 million over a cancelled or suspended wind farm in the lake. Something the Liberal government did. That's a new claim. One can only wonder what's next.

By the way, on my computer you imbeded links don't show up. The only way I ever see them is if I decide to quote your comments. Being the moderator I thought you should know some of your best stuff is invisible. Just like the policies of the political party you support. LOL.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Rob Ford's imfamy continues to grow. He's now part of 'Jeopardy' lore.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Fo...181/story.html

Comment

I watch Jeopardy pretty much every day and saw that show. Sometimes I provide move correct replies than the contestants and I do it faster.

I don't get to vote in Toronto. In this area our councilor, who is deputy mayor, is being given a hard time by other councilor. However, I'll be voting for him this fall, like I have for the last almost 40 years. His has been representing me and fighting to keep down my taxes over the decades. I don't care about the noise surrounding him. He's the only councilor remaining from that first council. He made the local newspaper again this week. The local paper is owned by the Toronto Star.

Regarding the provincial election, it appears the premier wants to make the election about acceptable lifestyles. I notice she looks down on the Toronto mayor and doesn't like Beibers lifestyle. Bieber probably makes more in one week than our premier makes in a year.

That's OK with me. I'll vote for the candidate whose leaders lifestyle most closely mirrors mine.
                Last edited by Gary Ruben; Monday, 27th January, 2014, 12:45 AM.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Our obtuse mayor

Do they buy directly from the province in your area or do they buy through a utility company?
                  Essex Power for the county where I live. Windsor Utilities Commission I think, in Windsor proper. The local politicians certainly make some extra money by sitting on its board. Eddie Francis has announced that he is not running for mayor for the fourth time. Let the nonsense begin!

You're right about them getting better pricing as far as I know. But I haven't kept up. They also likely get bulk purchase pricing which makes it seem "cozy". However, no matter how low a price they get when pricing rises and their contract runs out the price goes up, I would assume. Capacity purchase agreements.

Here's some information. Near the bottom of the page click on the info for the year you want and it will display. I almost missed that feature.

http://www.oefc.on.ca/ppa.html

In some area of Canada and the U.S. electricity rates are going down. Private companies are having to negotiate lower rates when contracts expire.
                  Thats because a significant portion of U.S. electricity is generated by using coal.

Comment

Re: Our obtuse mayor

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                    Thats because a significant portion of U.S. electricity is generated by using coal.
                    I think it's around 40 per cent generated from coal.

Seems to me that at around $2.00 per MCF (thousand cu. ft or 1,000,000 BTU's) the utilities, which are able to do so, were switching to natural gas. At the current price of around $5.00 MCF coal would be better. Thermal coal is used for electricity. The exact cost would, I imagine, depend on the grade of the coal.

For industry like making steel, they use Coking Coal. It sells for several times more than thermal coal.

A Canadian company recently sold it's Canadian coal operations to an American company. I think it is (or was) the largest coal producer in Canada. I wish they would have kept those coal assets in Canadian hands. It's a half billion dollar deal and I think that might be under the limit for a government review.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

That large number of homeless is under the left wing Liberal government. They have been in power for 10 years or more.

Why not look at the list of corporations the Liberals are paying for the gas plant cancellations. They just announced Cisco will get 200 million dollars for making some jobs in Ontario. That while other companies are closing up. The latest moving to Texas.

I read in the paper a couple of days ago some company is suing for 500 million over a cancelled or suspended wind farm in the lake. Something the Liberal government did. That's a new claim. One can only wonder what's next.

By the way, on my computer you imbeded links don't show up. The only way I ever see them is if I decide to quote your comments. Being the moderator I thought you should know some of your best stuff is invisible. Just like the policies of the political party you support. LOL.
                      What we really need to do is have another good rant about corporate welfare bums. It irritates me quite a bit more to hear about the latest government and industry collaboration that involves transferring taxpayer money to the corporate sector to buy "x" number of jobs at several hundred thousand dollars a pop versus hearing about people cheating on welfare payments that barely cover basic living expenses. Green energy is one irritating example but there are others like the most recent front page of the paper discussion about the need for government subsidies for Chrysler/Fiat.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        What we really need to do is have another good rant about corporate welfare bums. It irritates me quite a bit more to hear about the latest government and industry collaboration that involves transferring taxpayer money to the corporate sector to buy "x" number of jobs at several hundred thousand dollars a pop versus hearing about people cheating on welfare payments that barely cover basic living expenses. Green energy is one irritating example but there are others like the most recent front page of the paper discussion about the need for government subsidies for Chrysler/Fiat.
                        I wouldn't wait for a rant on corporate welfare bums. The NDP leader and his MP's must each be in the top 5% of the wage earners. Actually, Mulcair might be in the top 1%.

It must be nice to be an MP and have the time to write a book and spend time deciding about running for Toronto Mayor. Makes one wonder about under worked and over paid.

This link shows the figures.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/lists...3-84275c23f3fb

Here's some info on the earnings of the top 1% of the earners.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-ar...op-1-1.1703321
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Buh-bye Rob Ford

Buh-Bye Rob Ford.

Rob Ford out of mayor's race

Comment

Re: Buh-bye Rob Ford

That's the good news, Nigel. The bad news is that John Tory now is even more likely to be Toronto's next mayor ):

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
                              That's the good news, Nigel. The bad news is that John Tory now is even more likely to be Toronto's next mayor ):
                              Ford's brother is running for Mayor, I understand. He may very well steal the crack-smoking vote and undermine Tory's chances. lol.

In any case, I'm sure there are plenty of Torontonians who are breathing a sigh of relief that their city may no longer be the unenviable butt of talk show jokes across the world. We can return to the other reasons why we make fun of "Tranna".
                              Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Friday, 12th September, 2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: Tranna

Comment

Buh-Bye Rob Ford.
                                I get a laugh out of them going to Paula Fletcher for comments.

She's come a long way from Manitoba.
                                Gary Ruben
                                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                                X