FIDE Election for President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is scared of Kirsan Ilyumzhinov?

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    4. In reality if the governors re-elect Vlad CFC president they will likely give him and the executive the power to decide the FIDE vote. If the governors won't show that much support for the executive they elect, they could be told to take those executive positions and shove them.
    Everyone seems to be ignoring the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room: the NFP act. This is true even for me.

Comment

Here is a recent statement by Ignatius Leong (I know him personally and played several blitz games with him).

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

STATEMENT BY IGNATIUS LEONG

FIDE General Secretary Ignatius Leong, has issued the following statement in his personal capacity in response to the article in "The Sunday Times" (26 January 2014 edition) titled "Singaporean 'not paid' to help Kasparov's bid to be world chess chief" :

(1) I entered into the Garry Kasparov-Ignatius Leong agreement ("the Agreement") in good faith to develop chess and chess programs specifically aimed at children in East Asia, South East Asia and the Pacific region.

(2) under the Agreement, the Kasparov Chess Foundation ("KCF") would provide a substantial grant in a few tranches to the Kasparov Chess Foundation Asia Pacific ("KCFAP") which is a non-profit entity. The grant was intended to support KCFAP's mission of promoting and encouraging the study and play of chess in East Asia, South East Asia and the Pacific region as a means of intellectual development. ("the Project") It was expressly stipulated by KCF, and agreed to by KCFAP, that the grant was to be used only for the Project which would include only exclusively charitable or educational activities.

(3) the ASEAN Chess Academy Pte Ltd ("ACA"), a company which I am a sole director and shareholder of, was established under the auspices of the ASEAN Chess Confederation for the purpose of promoting chess education in the ASEAN region. The Agreement stipulated that all and any funds allocated by KCFAP to ACA was, in turn, to be allocated and disbursed by ACA for chess programs and chess development in East Asia, South East Asia and the Pacific region. No other purpose for such funds was contemplated or agreed to.

(4) it was separately foreshadowed in the Agreement that in the event that the new FIDE leadership establishes a new FIDE office in Singapore in or after August 2014, some staff (including myself) would need to administer and oversee all the FIDE Commissions and their work for which a stipend would be paid by FIDE.

(5) I wish to categorically and unequivocally state that allegations that Garry Kasparov and myself of agreed to corruption, bribery and/or vote buying pursuant to the Agreement are false and wholly unfounded.

Here is a sourse: http://www.fidexfiles.blogspot.com.es/?m=1 There are some exemples how KI runs his campain. With the help of the Russian Embassies around the World. Are there any contacts of Russian Embassy in Canada with CFC so far?

Comment

There was a noise about 800 pounds gorilla - an NFP Act. Please see this link: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc...h_cs04953.html Could anybody find anything there to make anybody concerned?

Comment

• Re: Endorsemeent over Vote: FIDE Election for President

Will the FIDE vote be a secret ballot, or a show of hands (or something similar)?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            Will the FIDE vote be a secret ballot, or a show of hands (or something similar)?
            And what about same matters of the CFC's vote?

Comment

Secret ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                Next day we all flew back to Toronto and guess what: a lot of these people flew back with us on the same plane! Sure a lot of them were very old people, but a lot of them probably have children and grandchildren...
                That is not surprising. Camp 30, for high ranking Nazi prisoners was located in Bowmanville not far from Toronto. It was for high ranking officers.

After the war I have heard dozen were allowed to stay in Canada instead of being shipped home.

After the war Camp 30 was turned back to a boys school.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/..._pow_camp.html

I can only remember back to around 1947 due to age.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Goodwin's Law has hit this thread! :-)

Comment

It hit the Canadian FIDE election campaign in the first week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Comment

Very good observation! Could be not 100% applicable here - this theme has appeared only because part of the discussion here was about Russia's aggression over Ukraine (some compare Putin's actions to ones of Hitler's), West (Canada included) sunctions against Russia, their implications on the Russian economy and why CFC should vote for Kasparov.
                      Last edited by Sasha Starr; Saturday, 17th May, 2014, 11:36 PM.

Comment

What do you think the thread and objections are about? There were even dates in some posts which left no doubt in my mind.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                          What do you think the thread and objections are about? There were even dates in some posts which left no doubt in my mind.
                          What is April 12th, 2014?

The first time Hitler was mentioned in email by a GK operative.

The first thing I thought was Godwin's law is violated before the debate even began.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                            Do not disrespect the memory of Larissa Yudina with your petty and stupid
                            arguments that belong in the other thread.
                            Thank you
                            Sid
                            I guess then this thread has run its course. Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                              Oy Veh threads tend to do that.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                                I'm getting more and more dissatisfied with the present CFC President's position. I don't see how the interests of Canadian chess are being served under his leadership, particularly voting for KI while his own poll suggest that its participants want the opposite.
                                I'll have to address it appropriately.

Comment

Working...
                                X