FIDE Election for President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gary: hire a new campaign team in Canada.

"If my detractors succeed in replacing me then I immediately go back to being a private citizen and no longer am called upon to do many hours of unpaid work on behalf of the CFC".
    Well, you get what you pay for! I'm preparing a plan for CFC - there will be NO unpaid workers/executives/presidents anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
      "If my detractors succeed in replacing me then I immediately go back to being a private citizen and no longer am called upon to do many hours of unpaid work on behalf of the CFC".
      Well, you get what you pay for! I'm preparing a plan for CFC - there will be NO unpaid workers/executives/presidents anymore.
      Good luck with that. Make sure that any proposal conforms to the requirements of the NFP act.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        Good luck with that. Make sure that any proposal conforms to the requirements of the NFP act.
        This is my lawyers' job.

Comment

I'm preparing a plan for CFC - there will be NO unpaid workers/executives/presidents anymore.
          The Non-for-profit act allows to have paid directors.
          "143. (1) Subject to the articles, the by-laws and any unanimous member agreement, the directors of a corporation may fix the reasonable remuneration of the directors, officers and employees of the corporation." http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c...5.html#docCont

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            The Non-for-profit act allows to have paid directors.
            "143. (1) Subject to the articles, the by-laws and any unanimous member agreement, the directors of a corporation may fix the reasonable remuneration of the directors, officers and employees of the corporation." http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c...5.html#docCont
            It doesn't allow us to print money on the other hand. Unless we make all of our sponsors honorary members we will have some significant increase in accounting costs.

Comment

It doesn't allow us to print money on the other hand. Unless we make all of our sponsors honorary members we will have some significant increase in accounting costs.
              That's is a business model and its implementation. However, the fact (law) is clear - directors might be paid for their duties.

Comment

You've already mentioned that for you issue of Canada's vote is over. That's fine, there is nothing more to discuss - the decision on that belongs to the upcoming Board of Governors anyway.
                However you've informed us that you are prepared to serve another year or two "doing many hours of unpaid job" while cutting down on teaching chess, something what you love to do and what's paying reasonable fees. I don't get it, are you on a power trip?

Comment

Directors ought to get paid - otherwise the present state of affairs will continue for 40 more years! I'm not going to stay around that long...

Comment

You've already mentioned that for you issue of Canada's vote is over. That's fine, there is nothing more to discuss - the decision on that belongs to the upcoming Board of Governors anyway.
                    However you've informed us that you are prepared to serve another year or two "doing many hours of unpaid job" while cutting down on teaching chess, something what you love to do and what's paying reasonable fees. I don't get it, are you on a power trip?

Directors ought to get paid - otherwise the present state of affairs will continue for 40 more years! I'm not going to stay around that long...
                    From these two posts, I can easily see why you wouldn't have a clue why Vlad would take this path.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
                      From these two posts, I can easily see why you wouldn't have a clue why Vlad would take this path.
                      What is "This path" and why Vlad did take it - please explain!

Comment

There will be no incoming board of governors. It will be voting members at that point. I sent in the application tonight.

Yes, that must be it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vlad Drkulec;80889]There will be no incoming board of governors. It will be voting members at that point. I sent in the application tonight.[QUOTE]

Hi Vlad:

Congratulations on all your hard work this past year, shepherding the CFC Governors through this difficult and complex "Continuance" task. You have gotten us there ahead of the deadline - no mean feat - shepherding governors is like trying to shepherd cats! I am sure the final documents arrived at will sail through the acceptance process.

I will be quite pleased to take on the status of a "Voting Member" as my last hurrah at the "Outgoing Voting Members' AGM" on Saturday, June 28.

Bob Armstrong, not-long-to-remain, CFC Governor (GTCL/Ont.)

Comment

Where will the money to pay these people come from?

How much money will be left over for chess after everyone is paid?
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                              Where will the money to pay these people come from?

How much money will be left over for chess after everyone is paid?
                              Hold on to your wallet. I don't like where this is headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                                There will be no incoming board of governors. It will be voting members at that point. I sent in the application tonight.
                                Hi Vlad:

Congratulations on all your hard work this past year, shepherding the CFC Governors through this difficult and complex "Continuance" task. You have gotten us there ahead of the deadline - no mean feat - shepherding governors is like trying to shepherd cats! I am sure the final documents arrived at will sail through the acceptance process.

I will be quite pleased to take on the status of a "Voting Member" as my last hurrah at the "Outgoing Voting Members' AGM" on Saturday, June 28.

Bob Armstrong, not-long-to-remain, CFC Governor (GTCL/Ont.)
                                Thanks Bob. I'm used to herding cats. It probably made me uniquely suited to getting this done. My last bit of required information was the new physical address of the CFC. A quick check to make sure that switching over at this point didn't leave any new vulnerability beyond those I have already identified and now we can wait to see the result.

Comment

Working...
                                X