X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AGM Confidentiality: Voting?

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Vlad:

As far as I recollect, you could only monitor the progress of votes AFTER you had yourself voted. If you clicked "View Poll Results" without having yet voted, I think you were told you did not have access.

Is this not correct?

Could our CFC Secretary, Lyle, or our CFC Discussion Forums Moderator, Chris Mallon, confirm what was the situation during the April On-line Quarterly Meeting, on this point?

Bob A
    Nothing has changed Bob, it's always been this way. Although now that more time has passed I should have another look for voting mods to fix that, as I think we all agreed that poll results shouldn't be visible until the poll closes.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Re: idiots!!!

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      Hmm. A precedent for the use of verbal abuse... and from the moderator??? Your credibility continues to slip, Nigel.
      There is no more talk of bribes and the discussion has moved on. I achieved what I set out to do.
      Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: AGM Confidentiality: Voting?

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
        Nothing has changed Bob, it's always been this way. Although now that more time has passed I should have another look for voting mods to fix that, as I think we all agreed that poll results shouldn't be visible until the poll closes.
        Hi Chris:

Thanks........my memory must be playing tricks on me.

I agree that it is an inferior voting mechanism. You should not be able to see the progress of the voting....even if you are a voter and have voted.....this person might inform others who have not voted, of the then progress in voting.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
          There is no more talk of bribes and the discussion has moved on. I achieved what I set out to do.
          So using the 'bribe' word is not allowed
          But calling people IDIOTS is OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
            So using the 'bribe' word is not allowed
            But calling people IDIOTS is OK?
            What do you mean by the words "allowed", "bribe", "but","calling", "idiots", "is", "not", "OK", "people", "So", "the", "using", and "word" ? Please explain your usage for each word carefully, along with the meaning as you understand it.

Comment

What do you mean by the words "allowed", "bribe", "but","calling", "idiots", "is", "not", "OK", "people", "So", "the", "using", and "word" ? Please explain your usage for each word carefully, along with the meaning as you understand it.
              LOL I know you're NOT an IDIOT but are you trying to prove me wrong?

Comment

?

Are you suggesting that there was some high-minded purpose which justified your verbal abuse? That would be like putting lipstick on a pig, wouldn't it?
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

high minded purpose

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  ?

Are you suggesting that there was some high-minded purpose which justified your verbal abuse? That would be like putting lipstick on a pig, wouldn't it?
                  Quit your whining. The role of a moderator is to encourage debate and discourage things like provocative arguing, personal attacks, possible libel, etc.. And that is high-minded enough for me. Sometimes I make things more complicated by participating in the debate, but so what? If we were going by Robert's or Bourinot's Rules of Order then more than half the people posting here would be banned and the Discussion Board would be more like a morgue than the madcap chess Parliament that it is.

I certainly don't police this Board half as seriously as I could and if you followed it more closely you would see that I mostly just try to get people to be civil to each other. People on both sides of the FIDE President debate were making claims that their rivals had engaged in bribery on this thread; what would you suggest as appropriate on my part? "Pretty please?" It's way past that now.

Comment

Re: high minded purpose

Quit your whining. The role of a moderator is to encourage debate and discourage things like provocative arguing, personal attacks, possible libel, etc.. And that is high-minded enough for me. Sometimes I make things more complicated by participating in the debate, but so what? If we were going by Robert's or Bourinot's Rules of Order then more than half the people posting here would be banned and the Discussion Board would be more like a morgue than the madcap chess Parliament that it is.

I certainly don't police this Board half as seriously as I could and if you followed it more closely you would see that I mostly just try to get people to be civil to each other. People on both sides of the FIDE President debate were making claims that their rivals had engaged in bribery on this thread; what would you suggest as appropriate on my part? "Pretty please?" It's way past that now.
                    Instead of doubling down on your mistake, you could simply admit to an error in the heat of the moment.....

Comment

Working...
                    X