Open Letter From The Ukraniain Chess Federation To The Canadian Chess Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Letter From The Ukranian Chess Federation To The Chess Federation of Canada

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    LOL! You must be kidding!
    Glad I made you laugh. But no, I'm not kidding. Fred McKim confirmed that it was sent to the CFC. My other question still stands.

Steve

Comment

Re: Open Letter From The Ukranian Chess Federation To The Chess Federation of Canada

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
      I would think this would be a matter for Hal & Vlad to address. Right now I think it's safe to say our biggest concerns are regarding the Olympiad and making sure we get everyone registered for the WYCC.
      We are preoccupied with playing in the Canadian Open another massive success story for the FQE organizers in addition to the great turnout and smooth running tournament for CYCC. We are also scrambling with the arrangements for both the Olympiad and WYCC. We will get to the response to the letter when we have some time. We will not be voting for Gary Kasparov at Tromso or wherever the FIDE general meeting takes place.

When I have some time for nonsense I may start responding again to the people on Chesstalk who are largely negative. Right now I am too busy enjoying some success stories. The average CFC member doesn't seem too concerned with the FIDE election and where they are concerned they have expressed support for the process that we followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        We are preoccupied with playing in the Canadian Open another massive success story for the FQE organizers in addition to the great turnout and smooth running tournament for CYCC. We are also scrambling with the arrangements for both the Olympiad and WYCC. We will get to the response to the letter when we have some time. We will not be voting for Gary Kasparov at Tromso or wherever the FIDE general meeting takes place.

When I have some time for nonsense I may start responding again to the people on Chesstalk who are largely negative. Right now I am too busy enjoying some success stories. The average CFC member doesn't seem too concerned with the FIDE election and where they are concerned they have expressed support for the process that we followed.
        Let's hope for some good Canadian success stories at the CO.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
          Glad I made you laugh. But no, I'm not kidding. Fred McKim confirmed that it was sent to the CFC. My other question still stands.

Steve
          http://kasparov2014.com/2014/07/17/l...an-federation/

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
            To me it's starting to sound desperate. The letter from FIDE is a swift kick in the butt for Norway. I expect them to either fold like a cheap suitcase or give up the Olympiad. Personally, I don't care which.

There's a better chance of the UN breaking up than there is of FIDE breaking up the way I see it.

Actually, Gary, the UN and FIDE are going to merge!

The new organization will be called UN-FIDE. :D

And right off the bat, the U.S. owes millions of dollars is dues! :D

All regional conflicts will be determined by chess matches.
            Only the rushing is heard...
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Thank-you.

The letter doesn't appear to be anywhere on the Ukrainian Chess Federations site.

Steve

Comment

To me it's starting to sound desperate. The letter from FIDE is a swift kick in the butt for Norway. I expect them to either fold like a cheap suitcase or give up the Olympiad. Personally, I don't care which.

There's a better chance of the UN breaking up than there is of FIDE breaking up the way I see it.
                The way I see it the letter from FIDE is a gross violation of international law.Monday will be a key day as that is when the organizers in Tromso decide if they cave into FIDE demands that among other things allow's newly minted Chess Federations that favor Kirsan (Afghanistan and Gabon to name a few) (sanctified by the FIDE "Electroal commission" manned by KIrsan's henchmen) to be delegates or if they do the right thing and tell FIDE to get stuffed! It is a very difficult decision as the road of integrity is often the hardest one to take. i hope that Norway does the right thing but it may be too impractical.
                Depending on the outcome of this could very well dictate new alliances with chess organizations outside of the Putin controlled FIDE supporters.
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 19th July, 2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post

Actually, Gary, the UN and FIDE are going to merge!
                  The drums of war are beating. You only have to listen to CNN or read this message board to see the propaganda. The first casualty of war, the truth, is already is on life support.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Depending on the outcome of this could very well dictate new alliances with chess organizations outside of the Putin controlled FIDE supporters.
                    I doubt it. The PCA didn't end FIDE. Any U.S. backed federation will most likely fail. Todays problems will blow over like always.

The only joker in the pack is an all out war between Russia and the USA. It's unlikely.

The seriousness of the destroyed airliner makes it more likely some solution will be found. Both sides understand it's unacceptable. An atrocity.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

The way I see it the letter from FIDE is a gross violation of international law.Monday will be a key day as that is when the organizers in Tromso decide if they cave into FIDE demands that among other things allow's newly minted Chess Federations that favor Kirsan (Afghanistan and Gabon to name a few) (sanctified by the FIDE "Electroal commission" manned by KIrsan's henchmen) to be delegates or if they do the right thing and tell FIDE to get stuffed! It is a very difficult decision as the road of integrity is often the hardest one to take. i hope that Norway does the right thing but it may be too impractical.
                      In spite of KI's statements that Olympiad is a celebration of chess etc. for Russia (and USSR in the past) the idea was to demonstrate its superiority and for that reason they were busy to engage GM Lagno to play for the their Women's team, which is already illegal act by itself - see the Open Letter of the Ukrainian Chess Federation. As a result Russia's missed deadline to register their Women's team - their Man's team was registered on time.

Comment

drums of war

The drums of war are beating. You only have to listen to CNN or read this message board to see the propaganda. The first casualty of war, the truth, is already is on life support.
                        Agreed. I'm slightly more hopeful because a) it's not hard to find alternative views to the MSM or the government bullhorn, with access through many sites on the www and media such as Al-Jazeera, RT, and so on; b) the exposure of the nefarious and sinister activities of governments, even our own government, makes more people wary of bogus claims, false flag operations, and police state actions. For the latter we have heroes such as Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, and many others to thank.
                        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: drums of war

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                          ........ b) the exposure of the nefarious and sinister activities of governments, even our own government, makes more people wary of bogus claims, false flag operations, and police state actions. For the latter we have heroes such as Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, and many others to thank.
                          They aren't my heroes.
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                            In spite of KI's statements that Olympiad is a celebration of chess etc. for Russia (and USSR in the past) the idea was to demonstrate its superiority and for that reason they were busy to engage GM Lagno to play for the their Women's team, which is already illegal act by itself - see the Open Letter of the Ukrainian Chess Federation. As a result Russia's missed deadline to register their Women's team - their Man's team was registered on time.
                            I wasn't aware of any illegalities surrounding the transfer of KL to Russia. Do you want to elaborate ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                              I wasn't aware of any illegalities surrounding the transfer of KL to Russia. Do you want to elaborate ?
                              2. Illegal decision of the Presidential Board on transfer of Ms. Lagno to the Russian Chess Federation On 8 July 2014, FIDE Presidential Board approved the transfer of Ms. Lagno to the Russian Chess Federation. The Presidential Board violated mandatory provisions of FIDE rules on procedure for making decision and failed to maintain due process and an appropriate level of transparency.
                              The decision of FIDE Presidential Board on approval of transfer of Ms. Lagno was made by means of e-mail communication which is contrary to paragraph 7.4 of the Chapter 07 of the FIDE Statutes. According to the mention provision the Presidential Board should meet at least once every three months. In addition the FIDE President may at any time convene the Presidential Board for consultation in person or teleconference. Further, despite all our attempts we were not provided with the possibility to comment on documents which we have not seen until submission of the case to the Presidential Board. We were also deprived of the possibility to cure the misleading translation of the documents which were submitted on behalf of Ms. Lagno to the Presidential Board. Further, the decision of the FIDE Presidential Board was made in violation of paragraph 1.1 of Transfer Rules Kateryna Lagno is not a resident under the legislation of Russian Federation. Ms. Lagno failed to comply with requirements of Ukrainian legislation on change of residency. The Russian Chess Federation and Ms. Lagno did not provide supporting documentary evidence of Ms. Lagno purported new residence.
                              The decision of the Presidential Board apart from being illegal undermines fairness of FIDE procedures. Such decision is biased as it is based on assumption of residency of Ms. Lagno. Such assumption is wrong and is in dispute among other issues as well. No evidences on residency of Ms. Lagno in the Russian Federation as per applicable laws have ever been provided by Ms. Lagno.

For a full text please see Open Letter From the Ukrainian Chess Federation.

Comment

Working...
                              X