CFC Voting Members Quarterly Online Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC Voting Members Quarterly Online Meeting

There is still time for the CFC to organize the event themselves or change the rules so the event is more attractive to the organizers.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Origins of the Penguin - the back story emerges

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      You embellished your profile resume on chessbase.com to make your academic credentials seem more impressive than they actually are.
      The truth is, I don't want to appear as an engineer. I had to provide that blurb before my article could get published on chessbase.com and I would much rather have not published anything about myself at all. But I also wanted to raise the curtain on Option Chess, not because of any profit that would come my way (none at all), but to show the chess world that there is a path of evolution for standard chess that is not involving new pieces or exotic rule changes. So I agreed to publicize my background, and the DeVry part was a simple oversight. Why would I need to appear as an engineer? After all, I already am fully accepted even at Microsoft and other major software companies as a fully qualified Software Engineer even though I have no academic credentials that would normally back that up (such as a Computer Science degree). My past work and reputation is what backs me up.

As far as the chessbase.com article on Option Chess is concerned, all I care about is that people see Option Chess for what it is: a bold new direction in which to take standard chess, to avoid computer engine domination. I only care to be seen not as an engineer per se, but as a person who blends technical AND creative aptitudes and is able to think out of the box... unlike yourself.

I know where your accusation comes from. There's a kid's saying, "it takes one to know one" that applies here. Your own posts from the past of blatant self-promotion tells me where you would get this notion that I for some reason need to make my credentials seem more impressive than they actually are.

Your argument is nothing more than projection. I am not you.

Your PLONK! has been defeated. You are showing yourself as a disgraceful, small-minded, self-concerned individual, something I determined long ago. I believe that your treatment of Sid Belzberg was nothing more or less than a blatant attempt to establish a reputation for yourself as a hardheaded no-nonsense take-no-prisoners leader for the CFC (i.e. a CFC godhead), even if it meant steering the CFC into years of financial hardship. You deliberately, maliciously and wrongfully painted Sid in an evil light to elevate your own reputation. The losers are the adult CFC members both now and into the future, ALTHOUGH I say that not knowing where specifically Sid's sponsorship money would have gone. For all I know, it would have gone exactly where FIDE's money is going, which is only good for the elite.

But the open-minded among those adult members can yet be winners in the coming years, thanks to a whole new avenue for chess play that will leave the CFC and FIDE behind in a cloud of dust.

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Have your lawyer send me the usual cease and desist letter and I will publicly mock it and you and your lawyer just like I did the last time someone sent me one of those. If he is a good lawyer maybe he will even honestly explain to you the difficulties that you face.
      I don't need a lawsuit to send you into the abyss, I know you are already headed there. The likelihood that an investor in my project will pull out based on your postings is very low, but still > 0.

Here is the situation if such damages to my project were to occur:

There would be no 'cease and desist' letter. Civil legal proceedings would ensue on my approval (in the state in which I reside, defamation is not a criminal offense -- lucky for you! There are 19 other states for which it is a criminal offense). There would be a summons for you to appear in court here in the U.S. on a specific date and at your own expense. Your failure to appear would result in judgment against you in absentia. You are correct that "truth is always a defense", but the actual statements you have made will be seen by the court to allege a falsehood as I have outlined to you. A particular lawyer who specializes in internet law and has been appraised of the situation has informed me you have 0% chance of a reasonable defence based on your postings as they are currently worded (and your subsequent postings about not having seen my resume don't negate what you originally posted about my resume). A snapshot of the relevant forum postings as of today has been taken via legal means presentable as evidence, so I'm afraid it is now too late for you to make amends should an investor pull out based on your postings as of today, with documentation to that effect.

Sorry, mate.... business can be ruthless, and I'm no Sid Belzberg reduced to cursing and swearing. I take action. If damages should occur, as low as that probability is, keep in mind that I am prepared and you WERE warned.

Sleep well.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

How's your new federation coming along, Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
          How's your new federation coming along, Paul?
          John, How many years has this been promised? I await the new federation with 'bated breath! GASP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
            John, How many years has this been promised? I await the new federation with 'bated breath! GASP!!!
            Perhaps Bonham's Folly will be unleashed around the same time as Spraggett's expose on Chess in Canada? Seems more than likely.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

What?????
              Kerry Liles, administrator!
              Dude, are you the new chesstalk forum monitor and policeman?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                What?????
                Kerry Liles, administrator!
                Dude, are you the new chesstalk forum monitor and policeman?
                You wish. Actually, I have some admin privileges (which I do not exercise) because I was looking into some things for Larry and Christian...
                Larry is far too smart to allow ME to be a moderator... (and so am I)
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  You wish. Actually, I have some admin privileges (which I do not exercise) because I was looking into some things for Larry and Christian...
                  Larry is far too smart to allow ME to be a moderator... (and so am I)
                  So, who is the current admin?

Comment

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                    I would say that option b) would probably require at least $3000 in sponsorship to have something similar to what we did in 2012 ($6000 in prizes).
                    Option a) would probably require more sponsorship, as players would not play if the prize fund is not big enough. We are talking of a deficit of at least $5000.

As Roger Patterson just said, in addition to the prize fund the organizers must also provide free entries, free accomodation and appearance fees for GMs.
                    CFC major tournament to determine a champion and representative for the world Cup, CFC rules and conditions for the event, and the CFC problem to see the event is held. They have the money and the capability to hold the event.

I have to think if this was a kids championship event there would be no question of getting the event off the ground.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

So, who is the current admin?
                      Hi Ken:

I believe the new moderator is Brian Profit (replacing Nigel Hanrahan). Larry can correct me if this is wrong.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                        Hi Ken:

I believe the new moderator is Brian Profit (replacing Nigel Hanrahan). Larry can correct me if this is wrong.

Bob A
                        Brian told me he was no longer the moderator.

Comment

no mod is new mod?

Brian told me he was no longer the moderator.
                          This has been true for almost a month now. It just wasn't announced. See ...

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                          I was going to send a PM to the Moderator Brian P about the spam here ... but he's not listed anymore. Does anyone know what happened?
                          Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                            The truth is, I don't want to appear as an engineer. I had to provide that blurb before my article could get published on chessbase.com and I would much rather have not published anything about myself at all. But I also wanted to raise the curtain on Option Chess, not because of any profit that would come my way (none at all), but to show the chess world that there is a path of evolution for standard chess that is not involving new pieces or exotic rule changes. So I agreed to publicize my background, and the DeVry part was a simple oversight.
                            You became an engineer by oversight? How convenient.

Why would I need to appear as an engineer? After all, I already am fully accepted even at Microsoft and other major software companies as a fully qualified Software Engineer even though I have no academic credentials that would normally back that up (such as a Computer Science degree). My past work and reputation is what backs me up.

As far as the chessbase.com article on Option Chess is concerned, all I care about is that people see Option Chess for what it is: a bold new direction in which to take standard chess, to avoid computer engine domination. I only care to be seen not as an engineer per se, but as a person who blends technical AND creative aptitudes and is able to think out of the box... unlike yourself.

I know where your accusation comes from. There's a kid's saying, "it takes one to know one" that applies here. Your own posts from the past of blatant self-promotion tells me where you would get this notion that I for some reason need to make my credentials seem more impressive than they actually are.

Your argument is nothing more than projection. I am not you.
                            There is projection going on but it is not from me.

Your PLONK! has been defeated. You are showing yourself as a disgraceful, small-minded, self-concerned individual, something I determined long ago.
                            Yes I recall the turning point. I rebuffed your silly thoughts of involving me in your chess variant. Seriously, no one cares about your obsession.

I believe that your treatment of Sid Belzberg was nothing more or less than a blatant attempt to establish a reputation for yourself as a hardheaded no-nonsense take-no-prisoners leader for the CFC (i.e. a CFC godhead),
                            Sid Belzberg was behaving like a spoiled child. I responded appropriately to his behaviour as did the governors at the time. The chess public has been largely supportive.

even if it meant steering the CFC into years of financial hardship.
                            Some of the years of the worst CFC financial hardship were exactly when Sid was being his most generous. Unlike lightweights such as yourself that lesson is not lost on me.

You deliberately, maliciously and wrongfully painted Sid in an evil light to elevate your own reputation.
                            Sid's behaviour and his obsession painted him in an evil light.

The losers are the adult CFC members both now and into the future, ALTHOUGH I say that not knowing where specifically Sid's sponsorship money would have gone.
                            It probably would have gone into the same place it went to in the past where it would not have helped the average CFC member.

For all I know, it would have gone exactly where FIDE's money is going, which is only good for the elite.

But the open-minded among those adult members can yet be winners in the coming years, thanks to a whole new avenue for chess play that will leave the CFC and FIDE behind in a cloud of dust.
                            Yes your mythical federation again.

I don't need a lawsuit to send you into the abyss,
                            Good thing. I have played that variation before. Only the lawyers are satisfied with the outcome.

I know you are already headed there. The likelihood that an investor in my project will pull out based on your postings is very low, but still > 0.

Here is the situation if such damages to my project were to occur:

There would be no 'cease and desist' letter. Civil legal proceedings would ensue on my approval (in the state in which I reside, defamation is not a criminal offense -- lucky for you!
                            You have not proven defamation. In fact you have admitted that you padded your accomplishments by an "oversight".

There are 19 other states for which it is a criminal offense).
                            You're just being silly. I suspect that threatening to get on a plane and fly to Ottawa and inflict certain unspecified actions on someone if they told you to shut up as you have done would not be seen in a good light in those same states.

There would be a summons for you to appear in court here in the U.S. on a specific date and at your own expense.
                            I would send a response that they lack jurisdiction and if they find that there is jurisdiction that the venue should be a federal court in a state conveniently close to me ie Michigan but that my assertion is that the action related to a Canadian chess discussion board initiated by a fellow Canadian with ties to Ontario should be heard in a Canadian court and specifically in Windsor under the jurisdiction that I reside in.

Your failure to appear would result in judgment against you in absentia. You are correct that "truth is always a defense", but the actual statements you have made will be seen by the court to allege a falsehood as I have outlined to you.
                            You have admitted in this post that I am responding to your "oversight" in claiming an engineering diploma where you don't have one. Lets not even get into questions about for profit Devry which awards diplomas on an accelerated schedule and was subject to a lawsuit in Ontario related to the Toronto campus students at about the time you claim to have attended and also was disciplined in Ontario for questionable practices with respect to false filings made to obtain student loans.

A particular lawyer who specializes in internet law and has been appraised of the situation has informed me you have 0% chance of a reasonable defence based on your postings as they are currently worded (and your subsequent postings about not having seen my resume don't negate what you originally posted about my resume).
                            I'm really skeered now. Did your internet lawyer mention the lack of jurisdiction issue? Or the fact that its relatively easy to transfer the venue to federal court and that is the default where plaintiffs and respondents reside in different states or that once in federal court lack of jurisdiction will lead to dismissal. They will tell you to file in Canada where a different set of rules apply. I had stalkers when you think microcomputer adoption was in its infancy, Mr. Software Engineer, and I had already been in the computer business for some seven years.

A snapshot of the relevant forum postings as of today has been taken via legal means presentable as evidence, so I'm afraid it is now too late for you to make amends should an investor pull out based on your postings as of today, with documentation to that effect.

Sorry, mate.... business can be ruthless, and I'm no Sid Belzberg reduced to cursing and swearing. I take action. If damages should occur, as low as that probability is, keep in mind that I am prepared and you WERE warned.
                            Do your worst. I probably won't notice. I kind of enjoyed the last internet libel lawsuit though in that one I was helping the litigant.

Sleep well.
                            I will.
                            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 29th October, 2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                              I have to think if this was a kids championship event there would be no question of getting the event off the ground.
                              Touche!

I also like your latest signature, and in fact it will happen, except the CFC will become a farm system to feed not a new chess federation, but a federation that offers a new way to play chess. Any adults that still want to play standard chess will still have the CFC. Isn't there still a federation for correspondence chess? The CFC's future is to be far more niche than it is now in adult chess, and to be a glorified day care center.
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Moderator??

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                                This has been true for almost a month now. It just wasn't announced. See ...
                                Hi Nigel:

And I take it then, you have not been asked to go back in the saddle on an interim basis while Larry finds a new moderator? So we've had no moderator for the last month??!!

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                                X