X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Value of Money

Originally posted by fred harvey View Post
    Is that right? I wouldn't know....
    Well if you don't know then why would you think Vlad was tossing around "big words" without knowing what they meant?

So easy to throw around those big words, without a clue as to what they mean! Perhaps we should get a professional reading on Vlad....it would not be reassuring.....

This site has become very scary......
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      Well if you don't know then why would you think Vlad was tossing around "big words" without knowing what they meant?
      I wouldn't know because I'm not in a "psychopath world"! Presumably you will continue the drivel.......
      Fred Harvey

Comment

I wouldn't know because I'm not in a "psychopath world"! Presumably you will continue the drivel.......
        I didn't say you were in the psychopath world, fred. I simply assumed that you knew something about it since apparently you were able to determine that Vlad was using big words without knowing what they meant. After all, you don't have to be in the 'depression world' to know something about depression, do you? So, if you really didn't know whether or not Vlad knew what the words he used meant, then perhaps, fred, it is you who have been posting drivel.

I may post drivel, at my discretion, but I won't be starting any polls. Ok, fred?
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

If Trump is elected (God forbid) it may not create as dangerous a situation as many people think. Personally, I think the Republican House and Senate caucuses would simply 'Rob Ford' him; i.e. the caucuses would become de facto President and control everything, including who controls the nuclear codes. If the Republicans should lose their House and/or Senate majorities, I'm sure Democrats could be found who be delighted to help stymie Trump.
          This just in from Facebook: If Donald Trump is elected he will be kidnapped and held for ransom by aliens. If the ransom (10 kilograms of cesium) is not paid he will be returned to the White House unharmed. If the ransom is paid in full, we will never see him again.
          Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Monday, 17th October, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I may post drivel, at my discretion, but I won't be starting any polls. Ok, fred?
            Oh my word....I'd forgotten about that! As I recall, in its brief stay on site, it did straighten things out a little!

Hopefully, I can continue to use small words, so that no-body can throw them around indiscriminately....er....carelessly...damn...
            ...wrongly.
            Last edited by Fred Harvey; Monday, 17th October, 2016, 10:32 AM.
            Fred Harvey

Comment

Flint's struggles began with GM's move to suburbs in 1940s, historian says:

http://michiganradio.org/post/flints...-says#stream/0

Demolition Means Progress: Flint, Michigan and the Fate of the American Metropolis
              Andrew Highsmith

Scroll down to the bottom of the article, hopefully you'll take a listen to his interview. I found it to be enlightening stuff. I hope his book is going to be a good read ...put it on my Xmas reading list I just did.

Comment

Working...
              X