Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) from move 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) from move 10

Certainly, it will take a while - Larry to answer my question, as above.
    :)

Hi Caeser and Bob,

At some point I decided to post two of the games to the top of the page to see if that would generate more interest...I don't believe it did. I have not cancelled any games...I simply let the other two games continue as a normal post...rising to the top only when someone responded to it.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for participating!

Larry

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) - Awaiting their Move 10

Hi Larry:

OK with me to " unsticky " the team games.

As I understand it, our last move against the Aussie's was 10.hxg6, and on August 14 Alex Devine said he'd relay our move to the them. We're now awaiting their 10th move.

I guess our games with Germany and Bahrain have ceased for lack of a moderator to convey moves to them for us. Too bad. I had thought the German one at least had been relatively active.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Hi Larry:

OK with me to " unsticky " the team games.

As I understand it, our last move against the Aussie's was 10.hxg6, and on August 14 Alex Devine said he'd relay our move to the them. We're now awaiting their 10th move.

I guess our games with Germany and Bahrain have ceased for lack of a moderator to convey moves to them for us. Too bad. I had thought the German one at least had been relatively active.

Bob
        'Tis correct. I'm checking up on them now.
        Brick walls hurt, but are effective for banging against repeatedly. For future reference, cardboard walls are fun too :)

Comment

Australia moves 10. ...hxg6

1.e4 g6 2.d4 e6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.h4 d5 5.Nf3 Nf6 6.e5 Nfd7 7.Bg5 f6 8.exf6 Nxf6 9.h5 0-0 10. hxg6 hxg6

Brick walls hurt, but are effective for banging against repeatedly. For future reference, cardboard walls are fun too :)

Comment

I vote for 11. Ne5, blocking the Black e-pawn and attacking the weak g-pawn.

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) - CT Move 11

I agree with Alex - like his reasons for 11.Ne5 - that's my vote.

Bob

Comment

I'd play 11.Bd3 followed by capturing on g6 and Ne5.

I'd rather capture with a Bishop on g6

Comment

The more I look at it, the more I like Bd3. Besides the bishop looking better than the knight on g6, long term it aids in the possibility of bringing the queen's rook over and doubling on the h-file.

Comment

I'll vote for 11.Bd3. It looks more accurate. Black's position is critical.

Comment

So its three votes for Bd3 and two for Ne5

Comment

I vote for 11.Bd3.
                        :)

Comment

11. Bd3 it is then. Will post over there.

1.e4 g6 2.d4 e6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.h4 d5 5.Nf3 Nf6 6.e5 Nfd7 7.Bg5 f6 8.exf6 Nxf6 9.h5 0-0 10. hxg6 hxg6 11. Bd3

Comment

It seems Australia has also forgotten about the game. I visited their forum, only one game is still being played. The one against UK. They have a really nice forum though.

Alex

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) - Is It Still Alive??

Hi Alex:

You were moderating for us, and were taking our 11th move to the Australia board. Is Alex Florea right that they have now abandoned the game??

Bob

Comment

This is the link to their home page. The game is under international tournaments http://www.ozchess.com.au/

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X