X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) from move 10

Here is Alex' link: http://www.ozchess.com.au/

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) - Is It Still Alive??

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Alex:

You were moderating for us, and were taking our 11th move to the Australia board. Is Alex Florea right that they have now abandoned the game??

Bob
      Haven't posted since the 5th of September. None of the posts after mine were very decisive.

I posted over there to bump the discussion back to the top of the forum, but all we can do is wait and see.
      Brick walls hurt, but are effective for banging against repeatedly. For future reference, cardboard walls are fun too :)

Comment

Hi Alex and everybody out there,

Is this game going to be abandoned as well?

:(

Comment

I'm guessing so. I've given them a reminder to move twice, and no replies.

Suppose a win for Canada by resignation?

Rather sad that they gave up though.
          Brick walls hurt, but are effective for banging against repeatedly. For future reference, cardboard walls are fun too :)

Comment

What's a shame? I can't believe that. This time that is not on our side!
            :(

Comment

Just jumping this thread to the top of the forum. We are currently awaiting OZ Chess' 11th move. Right now the game is:

1.e4 g6 2.d4 e6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.h4 d5 5.Nf3 Nf6 6.e5 Nfd7 7.Bg5 f6 8.exf6 Nxf6 9.h5 0-0 10. hxg6 hxg6 11. Bd3

Alex

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) : Awaiting Ozzie's Move 11

Hi Alex Toolsie:

Are the Ozzie's still playing this game? We've been waiting for their 11th move as black since Nov. last year.

There is a duplicate thread for this game ( which shouldn't exist ), where you had gotten confused, and thought it was our turn to make the 10th move as white. You had asked if our 10th move was 10.Ne5. I advised in a post on that thread, that you had it wrong, that we had made the move 10.hxg6 some time earlier, and that we were now awaiting the Ozzie's move 11, in anwer to our last move which was 11.Bd3.

Can you find out what has happened to our game over there, and remind them that it is their turn to move, to answer our 11.Bd3.

Thanks.

Bob

Comment

Just re-bumped their thread for the third time in as many months.

Two moves were discussed, but neither were votes and neither had any discussion going.

Comment

Hi Alex D.:

Thanks for trying to keep it alive over there - maybe their key players have just lost interest?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                      Hi Alex D.:

Thanks for trying to keep it alive over there - maybe their key players have just lost interest?

Bob
                      Yeh. Their reluctance to play correspondence in a losing position, probably.
                      But there's been two new posts since my last reminder, so there's some hope left!

Comment

This game is NOT dead! Australia has finally moved 11. ...Nc6.

1.e4 g6 2.d4 e6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.h4 d5 5.Nf3 Nf6 6.e5 Nfd7 7.Bg5 f6 8.exf6 Nxf6 9.h5 0-0 10. hxg6 hxg6 11. Bd3 Nc6

Comment

I vote for 12.Bxg6.

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs OzChess (Australia) - CT Move 12

Glad to see the Aussie's back in business.

I vote for 12.Qd2.

Bob

Comment

I really like the move 12.Qd2. I will vote 12.Qd2.

Comment

another interesting opportunity (variant) Ne5. (need more time)

Comment

Working...
                                X