Cancelled tournaments worldwide....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelled tournaments worldwide....

According to various sources, both the Reykjavik Open and Dubai Open have been cancelled. Watch for more cancellations in corona virus affected areas.

Sharjah Masters.

HD Bank.

Tons of competitions in Italy.

Many others...

Comment

Three FIDE Calendar events.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadim Tsypin View Post
        What's the recommendation from CFC for other events in near future? for example, the CFC registration due date for World school individual championship is next week

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Guo View Post

What's the recommendation from CFC for other events in near future? for example, the CFC registration due date for World school individual championship is next week
          If a tournament is in an area known for many cases of the virus as in Hunan, China, Iran, Northern Italy check with the Canadian government/U.S. government websites and don't go where the virus is prevalent especially if you are older or have health issues such as diabetes.

Comment

Tashkent Open (Agzamov Memorial).

Comment

Norm events in Southern California.

Comment

All events organized by the Asian Chess Federation, including the Asian Amateur Chess Ch. in Muscat.
                Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; Wednesday, 11th March, 2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Foreign teams' participation in the 2020 White Rook finals.

Comment

European Senior and Russian Youth Championships.

A comprehensive announcement is about to be published later today.

Comment

Is it time for Canadian chess organizers to cancel all events, or would that be "overreacting"?

Comment

53rd annual New York State Scholastic Championships (Saratoga Springs, NY) - a thousand-plus event where the Chess 'n Math Association traditionally sent a large team from Quebec.

Most other events in the State of New York.
                        Last edited by Vadim Tsypin; Thursday, 12th March, 2020, 12:53 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                          Is it time for Canadian chess organizers to cancel all events, or would that be "overreacting"?
                          Mississauga Chess Club is closed for 2 weeks or till further notice.
                          http://mississaugachessclub.ca/index.php?index.html
                          Markham Richmond Hill Club is closed till further notice.
                          https://mrhcc.ca/
                          Ontario U19 Girls cancelled
                          https://elevatemychess.com/ontariopolgar/

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                            I think there are two factors to consider here:

1) Size of the tournament or club
                            2) Presence of outbreak

While I'm sitting here listening to NHL news, fully expecting the season to be suspended today, I'm still thinking my two small chess tournaments (10-20 players in each) this weekend are safe, assuming PEI isn't hit by COVID-19, in the next 36 hours. I'd be concerned if I was in Toronto, Vancouver or other large centres.

Comment

In Toronto so far, the Annex Chess Club met Monday night, and tonight (Thursday) the Scarborough Chess Club will meet.

There is a small drop in the attendance of registered players, but most are coming out.

The shaking of hands has become optional, with the asking that players respect the concerns of those declining to shake hands.

Finally, although the number of cases in Ontario is rising, give the population of Toronto, the number of cases actually in Toronto is relatively small - though the precautions being taken elsewhere are in place in Toronto as well. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on COVID-19 can advise if my observation on Toronto is correct.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                              X