2020 eoca agm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 eoca agm

The OCA AGM is scheduled to begin this Sunday, May 24th.
    Our EOCA is expected to have conducted our AGM by then.
    However, our EOCA AGM has not yet been conducted, per:

1) Due to personal situations within families of key EOCA people, we're still unable to transition management of EOCA membership mailing lists to the new Secretary. Without such transition, we're uncomfortable "springing" an online AGM.

2) Due to the obvious COVID-19 situation, we cannot conduct a traditional in-person EOCA AGM, which many EOCA folk still seem to favour overwhelmingly. But this also dovetails into the first point above. We did not get done what we had to.

3) The Government of Ontario has announced a grace period for AGMs like ours. The announcement currently stipulates that organizations like ours, after appropriate re-opening(s) of social activities, will have 90 days to "catch up" on their AGM.

Therefore, the current EOCA Executive has unanimously agreed:

a) all current EOCA positions are being temporarily extended:
    President: Aris Marghetis
    Vice-President: David Gordon
    Treasurer: Halldor Palsson (already Life Governor)
    Secretary: Jeremy Sztuka
    EOCA/OCA Regional VP: Aris Marghetis
    Governors (in order, usually 3): Aris Marghetis, David Gordon, Jeremy Sztuka

b) traditional 2020 EOCA AGM within 90 days of Ontario provincial "re-opening"

Thank you, best regards, Aris Marghetis, EOCA President.
    Last edited by Aris Marghetis; Sunday, 24th May, 2020, 03:03 PM. Reason: changed colour per Hugh's feedback

Just saying...it's very hard to read your green text on a phone's screen. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Just saying...it's very hard to read your green text on a phone's screen. :-)
      Oh, I had no idea (looks great on mine). I've changed it to black, does it look fine to you now? Thank you.

Comment

Looks fine now...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          Looks fine now...thanks!
          Thanks man, I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            However, our EOCA AGM has not yet been conducted...
            Just as well.

Same old same old anyways ...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Just as well.

Same old same old anyways ...sigh.

The fundamental problem is finding people who are competent and also willing to volunteer a significant amount of time and be willing to deal with a lot of abuse (at times).
              See threads here on ChessTalk with the current (or any past) CFC president for lots of examples... Ideas are cheap and plentiful - actual work may not be.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                [Governors (in order, usually 3): Aris Marghetis, David Gordon, Jeremy Sztuka
                Don't forget to participate in the OCA AGM happening now

http://www.ontariochess.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                  Don't forget to participate in the OCA AGM happening now

http://www.ontariochess.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13
                  Thank you, going there now ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

The fundamental problem is finding people who are competent and also willing to volunteer a significant amount of time and be willing to deal with a lot of abuse (at times).
                    See threads here on ChessTalk with the current (or any past) CFC president for lots of examples... Ideas are cheap and plentiful - actual work may not be.
                    So right on man ...

Comment

URGENT OFFER:

The EOCA has been informed that we have been increased this year from 3 Governors to 4.
                      If you are interested, please email arismarghetis at rogers dot com, and please do so ASAP.
                      The current EOCA Executive will be appointing our fourth Governor by this Sunday, May 31st.
                      Please note there are no heavy responsibilities, but your voice can be heard on chess issues!

Thank you, best regards, Aris Marghetis, EOCA President.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Nope.

The fundamental problem is not knowing where you are or even much worse ..who you are.
                        In other words Kerry, lack of understanding ... a.k.a ignorance.

No offense intended. I've been there and done that, ha!

So having leveled the playing field ... allow me to get you all on the same page. Here's an image I created showing the K factor as I call it ... postal code K** *** ... I understand that that still defines the EOCA boundaries ... does it not???

https://societyofchessaficionados.co...s/K-Factor.jpg

Comment

Come on Neil your CFC membership expired a decade ago. In organized chess you are the very definition of an internet Chess Troll!

Comment

Last edited by Serge Archambault; Saturday, 29th August, 2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halldor P. Palsson View Post
                              Come on Neil your CFC membership expired a decade ago. In organized chess you are the very definition of an internet Chess Troll!
                              Iceman ... organized chess in Canada has very little to do with your beloved & outdated CFC. And BTW, thanks so much for keeping my National Capital Open going ... <3!

OK, back on track ...

One natural fit for the EOCA ... reach out to our Military bases. But before you kiddies go and do that ...have a game plan on how to coordinate these amazing folks.

Here's a fresh map...

https://societyofchessaficionados.co...-FactorMBs.jpg

...look how much more territory and natural resources the EOCA has developed !!!

Form some sort of inter-military base chess championship ... if we like that formation SoCA will be honored to contribute $500.00, plus the trophy.

It's time for growth Iceman.

:))))
                              Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 30th May, 2020, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X