Can Biden win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    Four ill winds that blow only, seven seas that run high, all those things that dont change come what may.
    Thanks you Hans. I could not help but start singing......

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP9U...eilYoung-Topic

Comment

Thanks for the music, if I am sane, and that is a big IF, it is only music that keeps me that way.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_xRRUTzQAw

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

I am sure there is a good science fiction story in that premise, though I think that it has been done.

Are you referring to the Left Behind series of books? They are fiction, even though they are based on in interpretation of Revelations from the Bible. I have wondered if the authors (there were 2 main authors) actually believe that events will unfold as in the book, even if the characters and storyline are "fiction". In other words, the AntiChrist will take over the UN and will all by himself disarm the world's nuclear weapons nations and keep the weapons for himself, than later use them on many large cities (Chicago, LA, San Fran, London to name a few) to impose his will and make himself world ruler. And there was something about he gets assassinated but is brought back to life by Satan, which was known to the so-called Tribulation Force (a small group of Christian believers) because of their interpretation of Revelations. Yet in the books, the main characters had access to the AntiChrist and had ample opportunities to take him somewhere at gunpoint and put him in isolation somewhere so none of the events could have happened. But of course, they didn't think of this. LOL

What's laughable is the whole idea that we can predict anything so accurately, because as soon as the AntiChrist takes over the UN and disarms the world, anyone who has read the series will know how it all turns out, and that could include world leaders. So they would be powerless to change the future? What happened to free will?

Comment

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the "beast" in the book of Revelation represents the United Nations. They also believe that America represents the revival of the Roman Empire and the 7th and final world power that the Bible speaks of. I do not think they commit to the Antichrist being one person or simply referring to the general rise of anti-Christian sentiments in these "end times" in which we according to their interpretation live. They also speak of a seven-year "tribulation" period that is of our own doing before big Jehovah drops Armageddon onto our heads. At this time the current system controlled by Satan, that is economy, politics and all false religions, will be toppled and replaced by a "new world order", the millennial reign of Christ. But the fun is not over yet, for after the 1,000 years during which we perfect ourselves Satan gets another crack at us before finally we all live not in heaven but on a paradise earth, assuming we pass the final temptation, with the exception of the 144,000 who live upstairs...

To avoid any possible jumps to conclusions, please be advised that I am absolutely NOT a Jehovah's Witness, NOR even any kind of Christian, NOR religious in any sense of the term. In my opinion the sooner mankind abolishes all religions the sooner we will have a chance to survive on earth without intolerance, hatred, bigotry and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Are you referring to the Left Behind series of books?
            In that one, the good people disappear.

The whole premise is based on misreading scripture.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Total - 258 votes

He still needs 12 votes to win.

What's left?

Arizona - 11 votes
              North Carolina - 15 votes
              Pennsylvania - 20 votes
              Florida - 29 votes
              Georgia - 16 votes
              Ohio - 18 votes
              Checking the polls today, I see not much has changed.
              Biden should have 258 votes but needs another 12 votes to win.
              Biden leads in
              Arizona 5.0
              North Carolina 1.0
              Pennsylvania 4.9

So if he can win in either North Carolina or Pennsylvania, that is enough to win.

But now we have the horror scenario of the Red Mirage.
              Trump appears to have a big lead on election night since most of the mail in ballots are not counted yet.
              He will try and shut down the count ASAP and claim victory.
              It could take several days for the true results to appear. Expect some civil unrest during that process.

I wonder what will be effect of the Bob Woodward book Rage?
              I wonder what other surprises are down the road.

Comment

Biden leads in
                Arizona 5.0
                North Carolina 1.0
                Pennsylvania 4.9

So if he can win in either North Carolina or Pennsylvania, that is enough to win.

Trump appears to have a big lead on election night since most of the mail in ballots are not counted yet.
                It could take several days for the true results to appear. Expect some civil unrest during that process.

The outraged people in New York and Los Angeles will read Rage which won't change their anti-Trump vote. The drooling Trump fans won't read Rage. All the partisan media won't effect either side's core voters/states. What will swing the swing states? Getting people who didn't vote last time to care enough this time to get registered as a voter and vote. And many of them don't follow much news media; they listen to family, friends and co-workers (if have any). Many won't register/vote because scared of Covid, as well as being disappointed/cynical about both Capitalist parties. And Biden isn't the inspirational visionary that will get them to jump up and wave the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

The outraged people in New York and Los Angeles will read Rage which won't change their anti-Trump vote. The drooling Trump fans won't read Rage. All the partisan media won't effect either side's core voters/states. What will swing the swing states? Getting people who didn't vote last time to care enough this time to get registered as a voter and vote. And many of them don't follow much news media; they listen to family, friends and co-workers (if have any). Many won't register/vote because scared of Covid, as well as being disappointed/cynical about both Capitalist parties. And Biden isn't the inspirational visionary that will get them to jump up and wave the flag.
                  Democrats are more scared of Covid than Republicans.There will be an element of the radicals that will want Biden to lose as a lesson to the moderates that you can't win with a moderate, no matter how woke he pretends to be.

Comment

Biden leads in
                    Arizona 5.0
                    North Carolina 1.0
                    Pennsylvania 4.9

North Carolina is a toss-up. It was Trump +2 yesterday, well within the margin of error and remember the polls under count Republican voters. Anywhere where Trump is -7 should probably be seen as a toss-up.

Comment

North Carolina is a toss-up. It was Trump +2 yesterday, well within the margin of error and remember the polls under count Republican voters. Anywhere where Trump is -7 should probably be seen as a toss-up.
                      You are claiming there is a bias of 7 points in the polls? Well, I hope that is not true.
                      If we predict Biden wins only where he has a >7 point lead, then results are Trump 296, Biden 242.

Comment

According to marathonbet.com (my favorite betting site): Trump - 1.83, Biden - 2.02. Which reflects chances: Trump - about 54%. Biden - 46%.

Comment

You are claiming there is a bias of 7 points in the polls? Well, I hope that is not true.
                          If we predict Biden wins only where he has a >7 point lead, then results are Trump 296, Biden 242.
                          https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...se_watch_sep16

Trump has taken the lead according to Rasmussen today.

That is overall. Swing states are worse. Biden had better do that Joe Rogan debate.

There is still a lot of campaigning left to do and Biden does not seem to have the energy for it.
                          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 16th September, 2020, 04:50 PM.

Comment

You can't burn down people's cities and businesses and have your campaign bail out the rioters and think that people won't notice and won't be annoyed by the party encouraging this lawlessness.

Even Al Sharpton is reigning in the defund the police talk.
                            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 16th September, 2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

'Fraud': Mainstream polls use 29% more Democrats than Republicans

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...an-republicans
                              Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 16th September, 2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

'Fraud': Mainstream polls use 29% more Democrats than Republicans

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...an-republicans
                                Maybe that's because there are 29% more Democrats than Republicans. LOL

Anyway, it goes without saying I disagree with all of your comments.

I would like to see them both on Joe Rogan.

Comment

Working...
                                X