Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    So whats the conclusion? Did Biden win?
    Yes, Biden won. It's all over except for the crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post

Yes, Biden won. It's all over except for the crying.
      And there will be plenty of crying. The magats and the turdflakes are in their cups.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

And there will be plenty of crying. The magats and the turdflakes are in their cups.
        I think I know what a turdflake is but what is a magat? (I couldnt find it in the dictionary)

Comment

• I have to assume:

magat = play on words conflating MAGA (Make America Great Again) and maggot

likewise "turdflake" is a variant of "snowflake" of a different colour and aroma
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
            I still haven't heard much about the "nightmare" scenario that could come out of this election:

Trump wins legitimately (although he probably loses popular vote), but the Senate turns decidedly Democratic (and the House remains controlled by Democrats).

It's a nightmare scenario because nothing will be able to get done for 4 entire years. Well, except for Trump's Executive Orders which would become more nefarious than ever.
            The other "nightmare" scenario...

Biden wins and the GOP control the Senate ;)

Good luck packing the court.

As it sits now ... GOP 49 - DEMS 48

Comment

• The 'shy conservative --- Trump secret supporter syndrome' struck again, with the final voting totals showing more support for Trump than the latest polls did. Same thing as 2016. Unfortunately for Trump, it was not enough to win this time, although he increased both his percentage and popular vote totals. The Green Party was a non-factor in 2020 -- in 2016, their presidential vote totals in certain states were more than Trump's victory margin over Hillary Clinton; if the Greens hadn't been in the race in 2016, most of those Green votes would have gone Democratic. This is an important and understated explanation for much of what happened.

The world will now suffer from a new type of PTSD: Post TRUMP Stress Disorder. Trump refuses to concede, fires people at will, and launches legal challenges to the election outcome, which will almost certainly add up to very little, if anything. Trump will soon be facing a future of a failing business empire, hundreds of millions of dollars in loans due to be repaid soon, and mounting legal challenges from many quarters. It was an existential election for him, since so long as he was president, he would be protected in that position from many if not most of the legal challenges.

Comment

• I am sure that Trump will be okay as president or not president. He can always run in 2024 now that he may have lost once Biden mucks everything up.

Comment

• Hopefully in 2024, Trump will be a guest of the NY State correctional system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                    I am sure that Trump will be okay as president or not president. He can always run in 2024 now that he may have lost once Biden mucks everything up.
                    he may have lost ?
                    Last edited by Kerry Liles; Thursday, 12th November, 2020, 05:49 PM. Reason: added the punctuation
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

he may have lost ?
                      Actually, bookmakers don't pay money for bets in general election. For them, it's not over yet.

They paid me for Trump's win in Florida, but didn't pay for Trump's win in North Carolina.

I don't understand also why both candidates claimed a win before the official results. Like in chess, there are 2 ways to win a game: checkmate or if your opponent resigned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post

I don't understand also why both candidates claimed a win before the official results. Like in chess, there are 2 ways to win a game: checkmate or if your opponent resigned.
                        So the chess analogy would be that Biden has mate in 2 on the board, and instead of resigning Trump simply refuses to move. Thus we all wait for his flag to fall. I guess before that happens maybe he'll take a hammer to the clock. Or maybe he's waiting for Biden to go the washroom then he can scramble the pieces. Can't the TD just call the game and start the next round?

Comment

So the chess analogy would be that Biden has mate in 2 on the board, and instead of resigning Trump simply refuses to move. Thus we all wait for his flag to fall. I guess before that happens maybe he'll take a hammer to the clock. Or maybe he's waiting for Biden to go the washroom then he can scramble the pieces. Can't the TD just call the game and start the next round?
                          I don't think Biden has mate in 2, but I agree that he has a very good position. Some chessplayers play till mate. And they are absolutely allowed to do so. To claim a win in this situation is sometimes... premature.

As you and me mentioned in this thread, their rating is so low (something around 500) that they can lose practically any position.

Comment

Here's an amusing little read for you, Bob.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-space/617100/

Over the last few days, there's been some talk on the net about how nice it will be to have pets (the Bidens' dogs) in the White House again. Something I didn't think about: some people have pointed out that there are virtually no available Trump family pictures, as there have been with other presidential families in recent memory. No pics with children and grandchildren at Christmas and Easter and summer vacations, no President on the WH lawn having a quiet chat with his youngest son, no POTUS and FLOTUS holding hands as they stroll through the rose garden, etc. The Trumps are just a weird family. If there's any warmth and closeness it's well hidden. Maybe this is an example of what can happen to a family when the patriarch is an orange psychopath.
                            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post

I don't think Biden has mate in 2, but I agree that he has a very good position. Some chessplayers play till mate. And they are absolutely allowed to do so. To claim a win in this situation is sometimes... premature.

As you and me mentioned in this thread, their rating is so low (something around 500) that they can lose practically any position.
                              Touche! Yes, I would say both presidential campaigns had performance ratings < =500.

There is a funny thing that happens occasionally in chess when young kids play old men. The kid will lose a piece then offer a draw by extending his hand, but without saying anything. The old guy assumes the kid is resigning and thus shakes his hand. Both players are happy until one of them records the result on the pairing sheet. This is followed by some crying and appeals to the TD. Just try and picture Trump extending his hand (offering a draw, whereby apparently he actually wins) and Joe not realizing the trap.

Another chess analogy that would cause me concern. Very low rated players (<=500) where one player is up a piece, then another piece, indeed captures all his opponents pieces, then gets an extra Queen (cause maybe 1 is not enough), and walks into a stalemate. You might be surprised how often that happens. I love watching this scenario play out, as it gives a perfect teaching moment. And apparently again, this means Trump wins?

Be careful Joe. Don't give an inch.

Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Saturday, 14th November, 2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Acknowledgement of Biden's victory tweeted out by DJT this morning... https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...56491056279552
                                Hopefully, the GSA will now ascertain that Biden is the Pres-Elect and get the official transition process rolling.

Comment

Working...
                                X