2023 Canadian Transnational Championship (CTN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, just a reminder that the CTN is taking place in 3 weeks. You can register on ACC's website for the Blitz & Rapid: www.annexchessclub.com

You can register directly on FQE's website for the Classical: https://www.fqechecs.qc.ca/fqe/content.php?Id=14907

On a side note, we will reopen 5 seats for the Crown section to compensate last minute cancellation. Interested players please contact me directly (2200+ FIDE rating).

Comment

Hi Salim:

You advised a while ago that the decision re "Paying to Play Up" was still pending.

Any decision on that yet?

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Hi Bob, this option will be open on the Thursday the week before the event so that the players can make a decision based on their updated ratings.

Comment

Hi Salim:

Thanks re "Playing Up".

Also......I tried the check-in QR code....it isn't working.......is it just to be functional at the date of the tournament?

Bob A

Comment

Hi Bob, for the QR code, it's not activated, but it's a tool we have as organizers if we need to check registration for example. We never use it as we track registrations and have the lists before the events.

Comment

Hi everyone, quick clarification as we receive this question a lot: in the General Section, the rating to determine the section of a player will be the highest of the three CFC, FQE and FIDE. Players whose FIDE rating is low due to the lack of events should not worry.

Comment

2 weeks to go before the Transnational. Remember to register asap if you plan on participating: www.annexchessclub.com

Who's the favorite for the overall event in the Crown section? I feel GM Awonder Liang is currently playing at an incredible level.

Comment

GM Awonder Liang has just made another leap forward in strength to enter the top 100 in the world (number 91). and yes I agree with Salim that he is currently playing at an incredible level.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim Belcadi View Post

Hi Egidijus, I will ask the team and post it in the coming days.
                    I can't find the blitz/rapid list for general section online, did I miss something?

Comment

You can find all registrations here: Annex Chess Club - E2-4: Canadian Transnational
                      However some players only play in one event. The team keeps track for all the lists, I will reach out to them and post it soon

Comment

There should be columns with x's showing in which events each player is participating. The FQE site has a list of those playing in the Montreal events. https://fqechecs.qc.ca/vue/clubs/content.php?Id=14907

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                          There should be columns with x's showing in which events each player is participating. The FQE site has a list of those playing in the Montreal events. https://fqechecs.qc.ca/vue/clubs/content.php?Id=14907
                          Right, seems the crown section now with the columns, just we more interest on the general section part

Comment

Here are links to easier-to-read entry lists:

Crown section - Classic (C). Rapid (R), Blitz (B): Annex Chess Club - Canadian Transnational Info
                            General sections - Classic (C), Rapid (R), Blitz (B), Rating classes for the Classic are to be determined later: CTN Updated List.pdf (annexchessclub.com)

If I'm not mistaken, the Rapid and Blitz events will each be one large sections combining R and B players from both the Crown and General entries.
                            The Classics will be in Montreal; the Rapid and Blitz in Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                              Here are links to easier-to-read entry lists:

Crown section - Classic (C). Rapid (R), Blitz (B): Annex Chess Club - Canadian Transnational Info
                              General sections - Classic (C), Rapid (R), Blitz (B), Rating classes for the Classic are to be determined later: CTN Updated List.pdf (annexchessclub.com)

If I'm not mistaken, the Rapid and Blitz events will each be one large sections combining R and B players from both the Crown and General entries.
                              The Classics will be in Montreal; the Rapid and Blitz in Toronto.
                              Hello Hugh, the current expectation is that for all three time controls, there will be separate Crown and General sections. Note the Crown sections have very many higher-rated players.

Comment

Good news today, GM Aleksandr Lenderman (USA), 2572 will play in the Crown section of the Transnational!

Comment

Working...
                                X