Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob and Gord Jun 03 active chess tournament in Milton

Hi all,

We are pleased to have had a small but successful Bob and Gord Mar 04 tourney with those braving that snowfall to get there. We present another installment of the Bob and Gord active chess tourneys on Jun 03 in Milton (hopefully no snowstorms to contend with!?). Please see below for details.

When: Saturday, Jun 03, 2023

Where: Milton Seniors Activity Centre, 500 Childs Drive, Milton

APPROX. ROUND START TIMES:10am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm, 4:30pm/ASAP
    Sections Elite U1800 U1200 & unrated
    Prizes Cash Cash & trophies Trophies
    Entry Fee
    See below for details
    $50/$60/$70 $50/$60/$70 $50/$60/$70

Entry fee received by Jun 01 is $50, Jun 02 is $60, $70 cash (only) on Jun 03
    Can play up a level if within 200 ratings points for an additional $10
    Registering on Jun 03 may result in a first-round bye
    Last round zero-point bye only
    This is a Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) rated event, using CFC quick rating
    CFC annual memberships / single quick (active) tournament membership fee
    can be purchased online at www.chess.ca
    Elite section will be FIDE rated
    Cash prizes based on entries, paid by e-transfer
    Tournament capacity: 80 players

Time Control: 25 minutes + 5 seconds increment after each move

ORGANIZER: Gordon Gooding

ARBITER: Bob Gillanders

REGISTRATION: Email the following to Gordon Gooding at miltonchess@hotmail.com:

1. E-transfer entry fee, see above for details
    2. Competitor’s name (as found on Chess Federation of Canada website)
    3. CFC membership number (in good standing on Jun 03, 2023)

GREAT TOURNAMENT FOR BEGINNERS TO TOURNAMENT PLAY

REGISTRATION LIST ON POST #4.
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Saturday, 22nd April, 2023, 02:52 PM.

Thanks Gord for the tournament details. Looking forward to better weather in June.

Comment

And we are off with a 2200+ quick rating player registered for Jun 03. A new comer to the BandG scene. Any others to join?

Comment

Well I guess I should try and promote the Bob and Gord Jun 03 Active Chess tourney in Milton. So this post is going to have the registration list:

Gooding Gordon
        Morrison Kyle
        Paleja Anish
        Paleja Shaila
        Ibay Nyla
        Bondy, Rob
        Prashar, Aryan
        Mayr, Christian
        Shah Mustafa
        Takeuchi Nobuko
        Cheung Oscar
        Byers Jared
        Leliveld Andrew
        Leliveld Peter
        Morin Sato
        Vander Welle, Kyle
        Hood, Jacob
        Barker, Kevin
        Nazareno, Merlin
        Trifelino, Miaco
        Demchenko Kyrylo
        Syed, Farhaan
        Kirby Justin
        Goff Brent
        Johnson William
        Narula Japveer
        Wang Enzo
        Wang Louie
        Ivkin Michael
        Shaik Muhammad Aman
        Armes Owen
        Dahale Siddhi
        Davis Preston
        Gwynn Derek
        Mohammed Hisham
        Singleton Jamie
        Uren Matthew
        Profit Brian
        Supsup Ferdinand
        Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Friday, 2nd June, 2023, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Hi all, hopefully we are in the warming phase of the year now. Keep chekcing for the updates on the registration list (post #4) for the Jun 03 Bob and Gord acitve tourney in Milton. Pretty good chance , no snowstorms there. We had 39 show up for the Mar tourney, the day after the snowstorm, what troopers or chessnuts (like me!). I may be bringing some books and unopened dvds for sale again on Jun 03. I think those that bought at the Mar 03 tourney were happy with their purchase and the price they paid. This is a great tournament for first time tournament players. Its just not the same paying online, you know.
          Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Saturday, 22nd April, 2023, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Bumping this up.......to the top where it belongs.

We have cookies!

Comment

Hi all,

Less than a month to go before the next Bob and Gord, Jun 03 in Milton at the Milton Seniors Activity Centre. Update on registration list on post number 4. I might be selling some of my chess books and some unopened chess videos again. Maybe those who purchased at the March tourney might have a surprise or two for unsuspecting opponents if they show up in Jun.

Comment

Hi all,

Hope you have a good Mothers Day weekend. Just a quick bump, A couple more names added to the registration list

Comment

Hi all, just over two weeks remaining to get into the Bob and Gord Jun 03 tourney for an entry fee of only $50. The price goes up to $60 on Jun 02 and then $70 cash only on Jun 03. Please see post number four for registration list. If you have never played in a Chess Federation of Canada rated chess tournament before, this is a great one day tournament for newcomers to tournament chess. Hope to see you on Jun 03. If you have played in a Bob and Gord tourney before, hope to see you too. If you havent played in a Bob and Gord tourney, what are you waiting for?
                  Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Tuesday, 16th May, 2023, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Hi all. Just a reminder, there is no pre registration, I.e sign up now, pay later. Registration is complete when payment is made along with the other mentioned requirements stated in the flyer on post #1. Will be updating registration list later. Seeing some familiar names here. Glad to think that some players are enjoying the Bob and Gord tourney series!

Comment

Hi all, just 8 days left before tourney time in Milton. The entry fee is only $50 if I receive it by Jun 01,. Still time to think about it but dont take too long. You blink and its gone! GREAT TOURNEY FOR FIRST TIMERS. If you just purchased or renewed your cfc membership, I would advise you to submit a snapshot of the transaction along with your entry fee, cfc number and name, just in case, it doesnt show up on the update at the cfc webiste in time.

Comment

Just six days left until game day. The price is only $50 if entry fee is received by this Thursday. Just added some more names to the registration list on post #4.

Question: by a show of responses, how many would be interested in playing in an active team tournament? I might think about setting up one if there was sufficient interest later this year.

Comment

Hi all, just a few days left until the entry fee changes from $50 to $60. Will update the registration list later tonight.

Comment

We got a few more now on the registration list (post #4). Can we get to at least 40 registrants by Thursday, before the entry fee goes up to $60?

Comment

Tomorrow is the last day for the entry fee at $50 for the Bob and Gord Milton Active. We are at 29 players so far. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X