World Championship 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championship 2023

https://www.chess.com/news/view/fide...ip-2023-game-1 Game drawn after some dramatic moments. Nepo apparently missed a win and a couple of opportunities to make Ding suffer for a long time.

How was todays commentary? I was busy and didnt get to the game until it was all over.

Comment

Nepo won a good game today and had a big plus yesterday. Could have won that game too. Nepo is off to a very good start and Ding isn't quite himself yet. Nepo has progressed and Ding hasn't played much in the last 3 years.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/world-...ship-2023-live Win game 2 for Nepo (as Black). Ding is in real trouble and needs to make adjustments.

Comment

On chess.com, they have Naroditsky and Giri team. Very good team. You have Leko and Svidler on chess24 not bad either. Shawn beating bator is not an upset anymore, in the last seven games it is 4 w and 3 d for Shawn :-)) In my opinion Shawn is fast becoming the best player in Canada. Oups forgetting Eric Hansen.

Comment

Re: score of Shawn vs Bator - now that is domination territory! I had no idea - thanks for sharing.

Comment

Of course , Bator has an overwhelming score from 2015 to 2021. But Shawn was really young, I find that Shawn is improving every time I see him. He now plays the sicilian and e4 alongside his cato kann and english. He is quite strong in endings and in calculation he is something else getting closer and closer to another prodigy Alexandre Lesiège.

Comment

Wow Nepo played an incredible game today. I don't understand why Ding did not choose Nxc5 instead, which is a small riskless advantage for white with the bishop pair. I thoink that after Nxf6, there is more latent dynamism in black's position.

Comment

Game 3 a draw.

Comment

Game 4 a beautiful win by Ding! How do I describe it. Full occupation of the center and control with pawns. Sacrifice of the exchange to allow the kinght to dominate on f5. Breakthrough of the passed E pawn. Threats to the king. Finally forcing queening of the E pawn (or win of the queen) before which Nepo resigned.

Comment

The match is now tied at two.

Comment

Even I saw the exchange sac. If Nepo had played g5 instead of the N move, he would have been fine, though I haven't seen any analysis.

I'm glad to see the match tied. Ding must be pleased, a solid game yesterday, and a dominating win today.

Comment

Wow ! The match is on, Ding is back. He seemed so discouraged in 1 game and 2 from his body language, Now he has played 2 good game in a row and Nepo did a blunder Nd4 reminiscent of his match with Magnus. We are going to have one hell of a match maybe, between two even strength gladiators.

Comment

I also enjoyed watching Ding's win. Loved the exchange sac. Nepo seemed to be the match favourite based on all the chatter but he clearly has his hands full.

Comment

Nepo played a beautiful strategical game in game 5 , in a variation that is talked about in Nils Grandelius Ruy Lopez chessable. Boy this match is exciting and the players aren't pulling their punches. 3 decisive game in 5 games. Amazing. Of course patzers with stockfish say that these players are weak, but they don't know chess.

Comment

Working...
                              X