World Championship 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking at game 5 for an hour, it is a beautiful game. Nepo started from a small advantage and milked his way to a crushing advantage. Giri absolutely loved the move Kf1,
    After g5, all of white's remaining pieces (knight, queen and rook were on the attack. Ding forced the exchange of queens but wound up in a losing endgame. Beautiful in the clear style of Bobby Fischer.

Comment

I agree (in the style of Fischer) and a great response from Nepo after the last game.

Comment

Wow, Ding wins game 6, so once again the match is tied. Four decisive games so far. Much more interesting for the average patzer than the draw-fests of the past?

Is it "good chess"? I dunno. Maybe because Magnus rarely lost, his opponents just 'turtled up' to use a hockey term.

Great fighting chess so far. Great psychological resilience.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a fight! Exciting chess! Kudos to both players for making it happen (wins and losses).

Comment

This is not the kind of match I expected, it is exciting and fun and they are fighting and bouncing back.

Comment

What do you think?

More exciting than top computers' World Championship?

Bob A
              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Sunday, 16th April, 2023, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Are you joking? Who watches computer World Championship?

Comment

Hans:

Maybe computers watching find computer chess more fun than watching error-riddled human chess?

Bob A

Comment

Game 7 The good news is the wins continue but the bad news is that Ding blundered in game 7. Nepo leads by one.

Comment

Bad blunder from Ding, in an even position he gives the crucial c5 pawn. Playing such a brilliant game in game 6 and blundering like that in game 7, not the same player. He must be under a lot of stress.

Comment

I guess books about this tournament will include the move times as well, and include commentary on under-/over- thinking.

Comment

ChessNetwork has commentary that indicates the time and mentions the time management.
                          For game 7:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGKpo8sblNA

Comment

Ding played brilliantly before the blunder in game seven. Can he continue the dynamic play? I hope he can. The match is very exciting.

Comment

Ding was in bad time pressure, and played the good but difficult h4, and soon blundered with R d3, in a position that was slightly better for him. What a game, complicated from start to finish. What an interesting match up to now.

Comment

Game 8 Ding missed a couple of great chances. Maybe it was not possible to find 26.Rd3! - what a stunningly beautiful move threatening to take over the H file but definitely he should have been able to calculate Qxd8 and that his king would be safe. The game ended in a draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X