Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maurizzi played a great attacking game.

Comment

There were a lot of blunders. Maybe something in the pea soup? - or maybe no pea soup served this round??

Comment

Yes Ju Wenjun beat Firoujza. Its official.

Comment

In the Premiere Anish Giri in the clear lead by one point with 4 out of 5.

Comment

In the Challengers ERWIN L'AMI in the clear lead with 4 out of 5, undefeated! Keep it going Erwin! Here's to six endgames out of 6 Im hoping for you to finish.

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/tata-steel-chess-2024-r5

Comment

Rd 6 Giri played the opening I call the fourcastle opening that I teach beginners, where you castle in four moves and then if you can stick a knight on e5 and support it with pawns to d4 and f4.
                Never thought I would see this played at Tata Steel, so now I have a story to add about how good the opening is. Giri has by simple play converted it to a large advantage.

Comment

Rd 6 In the challengers Erwin has what Erwin wants - a playable endgame.

Comment

Also rd 6 Beukema Dronavalli we have a Leningrad Dutch in reverse. Apparently playing 1.f4 did not phase the young man. Opening prep and surprises abound today.

Comment

Rd 6 Gukesh is playing his game with pizzazz. He has loose pawns to feast on but the risk is his king remains in the center. Will he pull off another sparkling victory?

Comment

Giri had to settle for a draw.

Comment

In the Gukesh game after all the sparring Gukesh kept all his extra pawns and won.

Comment

Warmerdam spotted the weakness on the kingside and crashed through.

Wei Yi seemed to be doing all right against Firoujza but then couldnt contain the passed B pawn.

Comment

Defence Erwin Defence!! 111 moves and still counting!

Comment

In the Beukema game the Leningrad Dutch didnt quite do the trick and Black wrapped it up with some fine endgame play.

Comment

Working...
                                X