CDN Closed - Monroi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDN Closed - Monroi

What's with the site? When I go to Pairings on the site, the message states "under construction" since last night.

Re: CDN Closed - Monroi - will be updated today before 6pm - Fri. May 6th, 2011

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
    What's with the site? When I go to Pairings on the site, the message states "under construction" since last night.
    Hi Vlad:

I spoke with Hal yesterday and the pairings will be posted before the first round which begins today at 6 pm. Eastern

No point in pairing until everyone arrives and is confirmed. Also... maybe they will get a surprise entry today to round out the field to 30 players which would be nice to avoid the odd-man bye each round. :)

Dates: May 6-11, 2011
    Place: Peter Clark Hall, Guelph University Centre
    Type: 9 Round Swiss
    Schedule: Rd 1:Friday, 6pm; Rds 2-3:Saturday, 10am, 4pm; Rds 4-5:Sunday, 10am, 4pm; Rd 6:Monday, 1pm; Rds 7-8:Tuesday, 10am, 4pm; Rd 9:Wednesday, 1pm. Playoffs as required to follow.
    Time Control: 40/90, G/30 + 30 seconds from move one.

Check back this afternoon at the Monroi website:

http://monroi.com/2011-canadian-open...ship-home.html

We will be watching the live games from across the nation. Enjoy! :)

Comment

Re: CDN Closed - Monroi

6:54 and no games :(

Comment

And STILL no pairings! Are'nt computers wonderful?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
          And STILL no pairings! Are'nt computers wonderful?
          Vlad, you should have phone numbers of the players. Phone them :D

Comment

Funny one!

Try this out while you"re waiting
            White to win.....composed by Steven Galen

solution
            Last edited by Bill Evans; Saturday, 7th May, 2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

HI bill,
              GOOD PROBLEM - I'll work on it.
              While you're on diagrams, can you go to my Topolov -Kamsky post and set up position with 15....Nec2. Is there a reason that White's queen is not lost?

Comment

Hi Vlad,
                You suggest 14...Nxe3 15.Rxh6 Nec2

I think the square a4 is just available for the Queen to run to.

Comment

Well, at least the pairings are up now.

Now, for the games!

Comment

Round 1: Tremblay - Saposhnikov 1-0.
                    Go Réjean Go! We need a new IM in Québec!

Comment

Thanks Jean! I won with black :-) At one point, the position look totally equal but i try something on the king side and Roman played just one move too fast, 34. gxh5 ? (34. h3 look OK) and after this, I think that i played a great endgame. The critical position and the final position are on Quebecechecs.com.
                      Last edited by Réjean Tremblay; Saturday, 7th May, 2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Still no live games (as of 10.30 this morning), but we have pairings:

Round 2
                        1 Arthur Calugar (2401 : W : 1.0) GM Bator Sambuev (2750 : B : 1.0)
                        2 FM Robert Hamilton (2370 : W : 1.0) IM Nikolay Noritsyn (2584 : B : 1.0)
                        3 IM Eric Hansen (2572 : W : 1.0) FM Michael Barron (2328 : W : 1.0)
                        4 Réjean Tremblay (2238 : W : 1.0) Artiom Samsonkin (2561 : B : 1.0)
                        5 FM Shiyam Thavandiran (2463 : W : 1.0) David Itkin (2160 : W : 1.0)
                        6 IM Raja Panjwani (2450 : W : 1.0) Matthew Nicholson (2020 : - : 1.0)
                        7 IM Leonid Gerzhoy (2629 : W : 0.5) FM Christian Stevens (2378 : B : 0.5)
                        8 David Filipovich (2174 : W : 0.5) Victor Plotkin (2422 : B : 0.5)
                        9 Vladimir Drkulec (2202 : W : 0.5) Michael Kleinman (2301 : B : 0.5)
                        10 Michael Humphreys (2273 : W : 0.0) Roman Sapozhnikov (2451 : B : 0.0)
                        11 Josh Guo (2272 : B : 0.0) Zi Yi [Joey] Qin (2353 : B : 0.0)
                        12 FM Michael Dougherty (2312 : W : 0.0) FM Dale Haessel (2233 : B : 0.0)
                        13 FM Hans Jung (2289 : W : 0.0) Nikola Anastasovski (2190 : B : 0.0)
                        14 John Upper (2169 : B : 0.0) Miladin Djerkovic (2280 : B : 0.0)
                        1 Morgon Mills (2056 : B : 0.0) BYE

Comment

How Disappointing! I was looking forward to watching the games.

Characters

Comment

It would be appreciated if someone from the organizing committee (or maybe even Monroi) could let the chess community know what the hitch is...

Comment

Looks like it is up now

Comment

Working...
                              X