Congratulations GM Eric Hansen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations GM Eric Hansen!!!

In the next round all that Eric needs to do is play against an opponent rated 2490 or higher to achieve the GM title! Sweden's lowest rated player is 2503 so as long as Eric shows up tomorrow he will become a GM!

Great job man!

Re: Congratulations GM Eric Hansen!!!

congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
      In the next round all that Eric needs to do is play against an opponent rated 2490 or higher to achieve the GM title! Sweden's lowest rated player is 2503 so as long as Eric shows up tomorrow he will become a GM!

Great job man!
      Fantastic! Congratulations Eric - great job.
      I am sure he will more than show up ...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Excellent result. He might be the most aesthetic GM in the world now behind GM Sebastien Feller.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
          Fantastic! Congratulations Eric - great job.
          I am sure he will more than show up ...
          Ok, I guess I should have pointed out that his opponent needs to show up as well:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
            Excellent result. He might be the most aesthetic GM in the world now behind GM Sebastien Feller.
            Feller has the cheating scandal which lowers his social value by at least 2 points. Eric Hansen is sufficiently ahead in the standings and is definitely the most aesthetic GM in the world as of this moment. I believe his female fan club may now exceed the previous capacity of 73 and break the century mark.

Congratulations Eric Hansen, IMO Canada's strongest, most consistent player on the World stage. What a summer, complete with an immense 50+ point rating gain, 3 GM norms, 5th place at the World Junior, and 1st place at the Canadian Open. I can't wait to see his next tournament where he gets to flex the GM title for the first time! :D

Comment

Ok, I guess I should have pointed out that his opponent needs to show up as well:-)
              I hope we CREAM Sweden. I have a Swedish chess "friend" to whom I'd love to send greetings. Like I do when we beat Sweden in Hockey or Curling.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Congratulations GM Eric Hansen! WOW! What a ROCKET RESULT! Like the Boss (Bruce Springsteen for those not in the know) maybe there'll be a song soon - the Summer of 2012 (summer of 69).
                PHENOMENAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                  Congratulations GM Eric Hansen! WOW! What a ROCKET RESULT!

Congrats GM Eric Hansen!

Now if you come to Oriole, I am sure the line up will be bigger than the 'chico muy guapooooooooo'. :)

Corinna

Comment

ERIC IS ROCKING IT HERE !!!!!

I was on board 17 today, which physically was not all that far from Canada's board, but too far away to regularly visit. I knew we were ahead 2-1 with just Eric's game left, but at the same time, my last game had both players under 2 minutes for dozens of moves in a row. So, I did not get the chance to see Eric's game finish, but when I noticed they were getting up, I made eye contact, and Eric gave me a waist-high thumbs up, that just exuded success and confidence. Canadian chess should be proud and happy for him!

Comment

Congrats Eric! Never a doubt in my mind that you would get the title. And you did it with style.

Comment

All I can say is MMMBOP Da pa doo wop :)

and CONGRATS!!!!
                        No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Here is a link to Eric's interview on the tournament website (from a few days ago)

http://www.chessolympiadistanbul.com/en/videos.html

Comment

Congratulations GM Eric Hansen!!!

An excellent interview which, I think, shows Eric's fine personality and class!

Comment

Here is a link to Eric's interview on the tournament website (from a few days ago)

http://www.chessolympiadistanbul.com/en/videos.html
                              Thanks for posting... excellent interview!
                              No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Working...
                              X